What do you think minimum ground clearance should be for any Bronco?

84Mudhorse
May 26, 2020

Rank III

May 26, 2020

If it says it’s off road capable...then to me I think 10 inches is the minimum requirement but I would really like to see 12 inches as the standard...of course people will change and personalize their vehicles....but I would like the bar set a little higher...anyone agree?
Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2020

Rank V

May 26, 2020

A JL on 35’s has 12” of ground clearance so Bronco needs to be that good or better.

Standing Grumpy Face

May 26, 2020

Ground clearance will probably vary from different trim levels based on tire size. Around 9-10" should be sufficient for light off roading. Getting into heavy duty and rock crawling probably 12".

Rank III

May 26, 2020

If it says it’s off road capable...then to me I think 10 inches is the minimum requirement but I would really like to see 12 inches as the standard...of course people will change and personalize their vehicles....but I would like the bar set a little higher...anyone agree?

11.5"-12.5"

this is based off of a 35" tire, with a 9-11" ring gear, minus 1" for diff case thickness/bolting/plugs/skid plate etc. I would, ideally, not want anything front or rear to be lower than the bottom of the rear diff. of course this is problematic on IFS as the SLA has to be kind of low. albeit, the reduced clearance immediately near the tire is not as much of an issue as reduced clearance near the center of the body.
NickP

Standing Grumpy Face

May 26, 2020

Don't forget to weigh approach and departure angle into it. All the ground clearance in the world won't mean squat if you can't get over the obstacle.

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Don't forget to weigh approach and departure angle into it. All the ground clearance in the world won't mean squat if you can't get over the obstacle.
what obstacle? I'm a mud junkie. I only care about tire width, ground clearance, and wheel speed. gotta make sure I'm not dragging diffs on the high section between ruts. (I'm only partially joking, but yeah, theres approach and departure to be conerned with, and high centering...)

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Ranger Raptor has 11” clearance. So I imagine the Bronco will be that or better.

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Does anyone know what axles they plan to use? Will it be the same as the Ranger?

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Does anyone know what axles they plan to use? Will it be the same as the Ranger?
supposedly the Dana Advantek 44.

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Rear Dana 44. is given.
front could be a new 44 or 35. that a big unknown right now

Rank III

May 26, 2020

Rear Dana 44. is given.
front could be a new 44 or 35. that a big unknown right now
so so many unknowns on that front end.
FirstOnRaceDay1

Rank 0

Jun 07, 2020

03bf6a331be65b66918b1129360920a5--the-broncos-close-to.jpg
Getting warmer!