So about those power seats?

Razorback
Oct 28, 2020

Rank V

Oct 28, 2020

Have a BL reservation and saw the MGV at Celebration East, so no way would I switch to leather! But there's been a lot of talk around power seats. I haven't seen a preset button, which leads me to believe there won't be one. If that's the case, I would rather have manual rather than slowly adjust a power seat if wife's been driving. Thoughts from anyone?
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2020

Rank VI

Oct 28, 2020

Have a BL reservation and saw the MGV at Celebration East, so no way would I switch to leather! But there's been a lot of talk around power seats. I haven't seen a preset button, which leads me to believe there won't be one. If that's the case, I would rather have manual rather than slowly adjust a power seat if wife's been driving. Thoughts from anyone?
I believe what has been discovered is that the power seats are only available with the cloth/leather seats on 4-doors with the carpet floor boards, so not with the wash out interiors, like BD & BL
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red

Rank V

Oct 28, 2020

I believe what has been discovered is that the power seats are only available with the cloth/leather seats on 4-doors with the carpet floor boards, so not with the wash out interiors, like BD & BL
Right. I think the leather w/power and carpet is money wasted for me. I love the MGV (everyone thinks it's regular vinyl), don't want to deal with power seats if there's not a memory setting, and went to be able to wash it out (because it will get muddy!). Think the BL & BL standard interior is the best of all trims.
samanator, Rgwinn

Rank V

Oct 28, 2020

If you select leather in the Badlands in the B&P tool intermittently a screen comes up after exiting details that document that they are power seats and that the washout floors are replaced with carpet. I was rereading something this morning the Feb 2020 Car & Driver which had an early article on the coming Bronco that made me chuckle. They quoted a Ford engineer that talked about how hard it was to waterproof electric seat drive systems with wash out interiors. I guess it was so hard they decided just not to do it?

Note that if you at least get the Mid package you'll get heated MGV seats.