So what does "Navigation Removal" mean?

da_jokker
Apr 03, 2022

Rank II

Apr 03, 2022

So Ford has stated that any Broncos starting May 2022 (Job #2), will have the Navigation Removed. (See April Build Sheets).

Any clarification on this? Is it the entire Navigation? Just the Built-In Navigation?
Is this one of things that they are shipping with missing chips that they're going to come back and install later for free?

Just to update/summarize the follow-up post so far, It would seem that Ford is looking at removing navigation (probably due to the chip shortage) And that if your Bronco is one of the unlucky ones, navigation will NOT be added back later. This is still an active discussion, and of course with no word from Ford, nothing is absolute.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/04/2...tch-factory-navigation-system-next-month/amp/

Attachments

SuperMike

Rank V

Apr 03, 2022

So Ford has stated that any Broncos starting May 2022 (Job #2), will have the Navigation Removed. (See April Build Sheets).

Any clarification on this? Is it the entire Navigation? Just the Built-In Navigation?
Is this one of things that they are shipping with missing chips that they're going to come back and install later for free?
Just the built in navigation, which I wish I would have gotten in mine bc the google maps app on my phone loses connection with my sync system a lot even when connected via USB, especially in bad cell range but sometimes even if not.
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank II

Apr 03, 2022

Just the built in navigation, which I wish I would have gotten in mine bc the google maps app on my phone loses connection with my sync system a lot even when connected via USB, especially in bad cell range but sometimes even if not.

So you're thinking just the built-in nav ? That actually suck for me as well because I specifically added that as an option to my HIGH package. I want my navigation to continue working after the subscription.

Not sure how I feel about this. Forgetting about the Bronco over something small like this seems silly.... But my back can only handle so many straws !
Gimesnow, JIOxfordWhite

Rank V

Apr 03, 2022

Looks like I had a 3-month trial for that system. Screenshot_20220403-131741_Chrome.jpg

Rank II

Apr 03, 2022

Looks like I had a 3-month trial for that system. View attachment 32968

Yeah so with the MID, you get a 3-month subscription at which point your NAV stops working. When you purchase the built-in The NAV will continue to work, but it just won't update.

Then with the high package, I think you get a 3-year subscription.

But now, with a job 2, Ford said it is removing navigation from all orders.... Does that mean nothing gets navigation? (At any level). Does it mean it's just temporary until the chip shortage and then they go back and install it at the dealer?

Rank V

Apr 03, 2022

Yeah so with the MID, you get a 3-month subscription at which point your NAV stops working. When you purchase the built-in The NAV will continue to work, but it just won't update.

But now, with a job 2, Ford said it is removing navigation from all orders.... Does that mean nothing gets navigation? (At any level). Does it mean it's just temporary until the chip shortage and then they go back and install it at the dealer?
Where do you go on screen to renew the trial subscription?
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

Rank II

Apr 03, 2022

Where do you go on screen to renew the trial subscription?

I don't really know the answer to this because I'm still waiting on my Bronco :(

I would think you could do it through the Ford app?

Rank V

Apr 03, 2022

Sounds like I won't know what I'm missing.
I have something through my Escape now but only when my phone is plugged into it.
It's a lot of good questions that I'm not sure the answer is of hopefully I get mine by the middle of June.

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 03, 2022

I thought navigation removal meant they took the steering wheel out.
cavecreekgoat, Big Papa

Rank II

Apr 03, 2022

Sadly, that wouldn't be that big of a surprise
Fox-4, hkbooner

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 03, 2022

Sadly, that wouldn't be that big of a surprise
I know
AcesandEights

Rank V

Apr 03, 2022

Don't give them any new ideas!!!

If this is true...This is crap. This is why I always have a Garmin in my vehicles. You know, Garmin, pay one price get life time updates at no extra charge. Garmin, better interface and easier to use. You know, don't have to pay an annual fee to get maps updated. They work when you get them, don't hve to wait for a chip to be sent to you. Who's idea to have the chips made by a country the hates us. My 2¢
Gimesnow, The Real Sasquatch

Rank IV

Apr 03, 2022

This is absolute BS....I ordered the Lux package with the full navigation package included. Where do people hear this? This really affects the build that I have so I would think they would be far more agressive getting the word out...
Past rides: '77 Bronco, '82 Bronco...Ordered 2-Dr Cyber Orange OBX, 2.3L, Lux, MIC
SuperMike, Calgecko

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 03, 2022

I have always found that Google Maps and Waze work so much better than OEM Nav. So this doesn't bother me in the least. But I can see it being an issue for many who don't use either of those.
SAARRAAA, GrNWildtrak

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Apr 03, 2022

Don't give them any new ideas!!!

If this is true...This is crap. This is why I always have a Garmin in my vehicles. You know, Garmin, pay one price get life time updates at no extra charge. Garmin, better interface and easier to use. You know, don't have to pay an annual fee to get maps updated. They work when you get them, don't hve to wait for a chip to be sent to you. Who's idea to have the chips made by a country the hates us. My 2¢
My etrex is 20 years old and still works perfectly.

Rank II

Apr 04, 2022

This is absolute BS....I ordered the Lux package with the full navigation package included. Where do people hear this? This really affects the build that I have so I would think they would be far more agressive getting the word out...

It is in Fords latest order guide. First page...

JOB 2 ORDER GUIDE UPDATES – Effective on all
vehicles built on or after Job#2 (05/02/2022 – Subject
to change)
● Added: Navigation Removal (59D)

...thus my question... Exactly what "navigation removal" mean? And is this one of those "we're shipping now without some chips that will be added at a later date" or what?

Attachments

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Apr 04, 2022

next up - "seats are being excluded from all new builds, but we will provide a 20% coupon for Amazon to purchase folding lawn chairs. Hang in there!"
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Gimesnow, TailGunner

Rank VI

Apr 04, 2022

I feel your pain, I ordered the lux package as well and would like to receive all the promised features that were listed almost 2 years ago when I first ordered it. Now I have a build date that has been pushed to May, so it looks like I will miss out on the Navigation feature. I agree with you, this is total BS.
Gimesnow, JIOxfordWhite

Rank II

Apr 04, 2022

I understand there's a chip shortage. And I understand that we all want our Broncos. There's no compromise in that.

But that does not mean that Ford can make changes like this, like they did with the temperature controls, And just not "not mention" It hoping we don't notice.

I would like clarification from Ford (or Bronco Nation) as to what this exactly means.

If I ordered LUX (which I did not), or ordered Built In Nav (which I did), or for those that even just ordered normal "connected" Nav.... What does this mean?!?!?

We get a lower price, we get a Bronco missing a module that will be added for free by a dealer at a later date? Or we just SOL and We will forever be "those Bronco" who just didn't get Navigation?
AcesandEights

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Apr 04, 2022

I feel your pain, I ordered the lux package as well and would like to receive all the promised features that were listed almost 2 years ago when I first ordered it. Now I have a build date that has been pushed to May, so it looks like I will miss out on the Navigation feature. I agree with you, this is total BS.
at least you have a build date. I reserved 7/20/20 and have had nothing but radio silence from furd
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
da_jokker