Snorkel Removal

pjosias
Sep 23, 2022

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2022

Anyone know if there’s a snorkel removal/delete kit? Dumb question I know, but I love the Everglades, just not sold on the snorkel. Would be nice if you can easily take it on and off.
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2022

Rank V

Sep 23, 2022

Anyone know if there’s a snorkel removal/delete kit? Dumb question I know, but I love the Everglades, just not sold on the snorkel. Would be nice if you can easily take it on and off.
I would think that it would just be bolts. And I'm sure you could sell it for a hefty price.

Also, may I ask why you got a Everglades if you don't like the snorkel?
radar3d

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2022

I would think that it would just be bolts. And I'm sure you could sell it for a hefty price.

I said it was a dumb question. Lol. I love the wheels and the desert tan color mainly. Also cool getting the 12” screen with a mid pack.
2020FordRaptor
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 23, 2022

I had asked Esteban about this back in February. His words: Yeah, you can, but you'll have a hole in the fender.
I haven't seen a "patch" kit yet. Also, your air intake may need a mod.

Below -- it's body-color behind the snorkel. Also, engine compartments.

PXL_20220210_185558230.jpg
PXL_20220210_185537663.jpg

PXL_20220210_185450626.jpg
Regular 'ol Bronco

PXL_20220416_014004933.jpg
Everglades
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, CBWAR1

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Sep 23, 2022

wheels, graphics package, fenders - that's my guess... and those would be the reasons I'd get it as well,, not the snorkel
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
pjosias

Rank IV

Sep 23, 2022

I had asked Esteban about this back in February. His words: Yeah, you can, but you'll have a hole in the fender.
I haven't seen a "patch" kit yet. Also, your air intake may need a mod.

Below -- it's body-color behind the snorkel. Also, engine compartments.

View attachment 45156
View attachment 45157

View attachment 45154
Regular 'ol Bronco

View attachment 45155
Everglades

Yeah, that’s what I was wondering. You’d think someone will make a cover /vent for the hole left behind. Guess we’ll see.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Sep 23, 2022

Yeah, that’s what I was wondering. You’d think someone will make a cover /vent for the hole left behind. Guess we’ll see.
61QwSARNS2L._AC_UL320_.jpg
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Speed Devil, Deano Bronc

Trusted and Carefree

Sep 23, 2022

This caught my eye in Lauras picture. Does anyone have clue what this hose or wiring plug might could be? It has a cover with a lanyard on it to keep the cover handy. View attachment 45159
Is that where the winch control plugs in?
https://www.warn.com/remote-control-socket-assembly-100154
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
SlashRacer, Jakob1972

Trusted and Carefree

Sep 23, 2022

You may just be the winner!!
Definitely that style of connection.
But I'd hate to have to have my hood raised to run the winch. Not very convenient.
I always did that on my CJ back in the day, but that was for fear of the line snapping and it whipping into the windscreen (and my face). I guess with the synthetic line on there that's less of a danger.
But yeah, that seems like an inconvenient place to plug in, if that's what that is. If you are going to go to the trouble of remote mounting it, maybe inside the cabin or next to the snorkel would be better?
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco

O-===-O BRONCO, Trail Rated is standard

Sep 23, 2022

But you just can't remove it and cover the hole, that's the only source of air, to that air thirsty engine!! You would have to modify and use a normal Bronco air box and inlet, if it's possible. And I'm sure where there is a will, there is a way.
Yep this. Whole new airbox/intake setup. Although I bet owners of non Everglades Broncos would line up to trade you. Not me but many I'm sure. Heck maybe an owner of a green Bronco would swap you kits and fenders.
PSUTE

Rank VI

Sep 23, 2022

I’d ask the same question, I like the idea of the snorkel but think that particular one is ugly. Hell lots of vehicles and even commuter vans use one over here in Egypt at least they look normal/better imho
22 | Badlands | Cyber | NonSAS | MIC | 2.7 Auto | Lux | Leather | Tow |
Res: 07/27/2020, Order: 11/04/2021, Sched: 8/8, Re-Sched: 8/15, In-Prod: 8/15, Blend: 8/19, Mods: 8/23, Chip Hold: 9/29, Built: 10/3, Ship: 10/4, Train #: 10/5, Delivered: 10/20.
PSUTE

Life is a Highway

Sep 23, 2022

Why not order the same build non snorkel? Save yourself time and money

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 23, 2022

I said it was a dumb question. Lol. I love the wheels and the desert tan color mainly. Also cool getting the 12” screen with a mid pack.
I'm with you everything is cool especially the fenders but that snorkel.oy vey

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 23, 2022

I'm with you everything is cool especially the fenders but that snorkel.oy vey
Like Barbra Streisand, great singer, but that nose...
Deano Bronc, Laura

Gladesmen

Sep 23, 2022

Are you planning on Buying a used Everglades or Dealer stock because the Desert Sand is a limited run Color that will only be on the MY22 Everglades.
And I don't think the snorkel is that bad and it is hardly noticeable from the drivers seat which was my biggest fear. but they did a good job keeping it behind the A pillar and I suspect that is why it is shaped that way. I mostly am looking forward to the snorkel because I live down a very dusty caliche road and hope it will help it breath easier.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
BigHoof, TK1215

Gladesmen

Sep 23, 2022

Is that where the winch control plugs in?
https://www.warn.com/remote-control-socket-assembly-100154
You beat me to it that was my thought. If I ever get mine I will let yall know what that is. and if the Winch is taking one of the spaces in the Aux switches.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Mal

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Sep 23, 2022

You may just be the winner!!
Definitely that style of connection.
But I'd hate to have to have my hood raised to run the winch. Not very convenient.
Some old timers say you should have your hood raised when you run your winch. It's a safety thing. If something snaps and things go flying the hood will protect your windshield and those sitting inside the truck. Personally, I think it's more important to put some kind of weight on the cable like a heavy jacket, a tow strap, some kind of bag, or a winch cable weight/damper like this
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
Mal, 2020FordRaptor

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Sep 25, 2022

Some old timers say you should have your hood raised when you run your winch. It's a safety thing. If something snaps and things go flying the hood will protect your windshield and those sitting inside the truck. Personally, I think it's more important to put some kind of weight on the cable like a heavy jacket, a tow strap, some kind of bag, or a winch cable weight/damper like this
I'm an old timer and we never had the hood up for that reason. Any one inside was moved outside to a safe location, but the real reason the hood was up, was the connection for the remote was under the hood.
But its not a bad idea to have the hood up.

A little maintenance goes a long way, any rusty or frayed cable should be replaced, inspect cable often.
You don't get these sort of tell tale signs from kite string, but they are cheap enough to replace on regular basis.

Actually the winch could be used to remove the snorkel.
Deano Bronc, 2020FordRaptor

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Sep 25, 2022

I'm an old timer and we never had the hood up for that reason. Any one inside was moved outside to a safe location, but the real reason the hood was up, was the connection for the remote was under the hood.
But its not a bad idea to have the hood up.

A little maintenance goes a long way, any rusty or frayed cable should be replaced, inspect cable often.
You don't get these sort of tell tale signs from kite string, but they are cheap enough to replace on regular basis.

Actually the winch could be used to remove the snorkel.
Yup, winch maintenance is important even when new. When you get a new winch you should unspool and then redpoll under load to ensure it’s tight.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

Rank XXXXXXVVVVVIIII

Sep 25, 2022

You could remove the snorkel and have a aluminum vent plate made
pjosias, 2020FordRaptor