Slide Out Tailgate Seat And Tray - Available to Order

Marmot
Jun 23, 2022

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2022

It looks like the Slide out Tailgate assembly is now available to order via Ford Parts, but only against the MY23 Bronco vehicle option (fits 22/23).

https://parts.ford.com/
Assembly MSRP = $3,057.68
Factory option price (select models): $600
Total weight: 54lbs
Requires 4-door
Rated for 600lbs
Load floor brings trunk to an even level when seats are down (removes "mid-hump")

Full Assembly Part Number: 78467A33
Related Parts:
  • Floor Mat Part#: 7813046
  • Door Scuff Plate Part#: 7813228
  • Bracket Part#: 78402B60
  • Tie Down Hook Part#: 78467A36
  • Tailgate Latch Part#: 78467A38
  • Tailgate Support Cable Part#: 78467A39
  • Clip Part#: W710338
  • Clip Part#: W716053
  • Screw And Washer Part#: W721961
  • Screw Part#: W709055
1655991630858.png
22 Badlands | Eruption Green | 4Dr | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | MGV | MIC | Mod Bumper
Ordered
: 11/27/21 | Production: 10/25/22 | Blend: 10/26/22 | Built: 10/26/22 | Shipped: 11/08/22 | Delivered: 11/09/22
Progress pics and full build details can be found in my profile posts.
alzito, radar3d

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2022

Wow, $3k for a design that should've been (instead of swing gate) from the start! And this still doesn't give us a drop down tailgate, just somewhere to sit. And best we can do with the soft top is tilt forward a little and hope to not hit our heads? I want some of what Ford is smoking!
2021 Broncos - BaseSquatch 4dr. Rapid Red V6 Soft Top
Big Bed 4dr. AMB V6 Soft Top Tow (BIL's)
Nitto tires SUCK! You've been warned.
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jun 23, 2022

$3k+ is definitely steep. I really like the design and option, especially with the function and ability to still access the cargo/storage area underneath. I'm a fan of the swingout tailgate, but do wish this slide out was a standard option across the board.
22 Badlands | Eruption Green | 4Dr | 2.7L | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | MGV | MIC | Mod Bumper
Ordered
: 11/27/21 | Production: 10/25/22 | Blend: 10/26/22 | Built: 10/26/22 | Shipped: 11/08/22 | Delivered: 11/09/22
Progress pics and full build details can be found in my profile posts.
Jakob1972

Rank V

Jun 23, 2022

$3k+ is definitely steep. I really like the design and option, especially with the function and ability to still access the cargo/storage area underneath. I'm a fan of the swingout tailgate, but do wish this slide out was a standard option across the board.
I wonder if they have it priced at that amount to deter people from buying them for existing Broncos, so they can redirect the inventory to the orders being built.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A
radar3d, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Jun 23, 2022

I wonder if they have it priced at that amount to deter people from buying them for existing Broncos, so they can redirect the inventory to the orders being built.
I had the same thought. If it was reasonable every MY21/22 Bronco would have them and they would be hard to get for MY23s. But that should have been a standard option from the get go.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank V

Jun 23, 2022

I had the same thought. If it was reasonable every MY21/22 Bronco would have them and they would be hard to get for MY23s. But that should have been a standard option from the get go.
My dealer has been adding them to every stock unit they order....albeit they are ordering stripped down 4dr Big Bend and Outer Banks non sas, soft tops. Not really an option that would push me over the edge to buy one off the lot.
22 BB 4dr SAS 2.7 Mid Pkg Hot Pepper Red, Delivered 8/25
Previous 2019 F150 Ruby Red SCrew 3.5 Eco, XLT Sport/FX4 302A
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Jun 23, 2022

My dealer has been adding them to every stock unit they order....albeit they are ordering stripped down 4dr Big Bend and Outer Banks non sas, soft tops. Not really an option that would push me over the edge to buy one off the lot.
If I already had my Bronco I might buy one of those and swap out the tail gate and resale it.
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank V

Dec 08, 2022

I spent several hours talking to Ford yesterday inquiring about the slide out tailgate. I started with ford chat, only waited 10 minutes to chat. My two questions were 1. Why is the slide out tailgate offered on some Sasquatch packages and not on all Bronco’s. 2. Can I add this option as a after market option to my Bronco build. Ford chat could not answer question #1 and directed me to my dealer for question #2. Ford chat then transferred me to Ford marketing because they put the Bronco’s package together. Ford marketing could not answer the 2 questions , but told me that would be a great option to have. Ford marketing transferred me to ford parts with the comment I’m just a girl and don’t know much about the Bronco hope parts can help. I made contact with an individual at ford parts, and after 30 minutes on the phone I realized that this person has no clue what he was talking about. He could never provide me a parts number. He made comments that he wasn’t ford parts just the website. When I asked him to put me in touch with ford parts , he said he was ford parts. This guy mumbled on about parts that could possibly burn my bronco up so he couldn’t give me any part number that wasn’t related to my vin #. All three of Ford employees were very nice but none of them could help me. So I came to this forum to get my answer. I know I should have started hear. I’m still confused why some Sasquatch packages allow the slide out tailgate and others make you remove the Sasquatch from your build. Thanks for listening I’m a little frustrated

This is me in my happy place...

Dec 08, 2022

I spent several hours talking to Ford yesterday inquiring about the slide out tailgate. I started with ford chat, only waited 10 minutes to chat. My two questions were 1. Why is the slide out tailgate offered on some Sasquatch packages and not on all Bronco’s. 2. Can I add this option as a after market option to my Bronco build. Ford chat could not answer question #1 and directed me to my dealer for question #2. Ford chat then transferred me to Ford marketing because they put the Bronco’s package together. Ford marketing could not answer the 2 questions , but told me that would be a great option to have. Ford marketing transferred me to ford parts with the comment I’m she a girl and don’t know much about the Bronco hope parts can help. I made contact with an individual at ford parts, and after 30 minutes on the phone I realized that this person has no clue what he was talking about. He could never provide me a parts number. He made comments that he wasn’t ford parts just the website. When I asked him to put me in touch with ford parts , he said he was ford parts. This guy mumbled on about parts that could possibly burn my bronco up so he couldn’t give me any part number that wasn’t related to my vin #. All three of Ford employees were very nice but none of them could help me. So I came to this forum to get my answer. I know I should have started hear. I’m still confused why some Sasquatch packages allow the slide out tailgate and others make you remove the Sasquatch from your build. Thanks for listening I’m a little frustrated
1. It's about total available payload capacity, every option added to the Bronco reduces payload capacity. To the point, you could have a 5 seater, but by using up the payload capacity you ccould be left to legally (safely) only have the driver. Now we (owners) may NOT care about surpassing that number, but Ford and its legal team DO!!
We drive Broncos that rival the weight of F150s
2 . Yes
(EPJ -Said it could not be, and was a factory built only option. But anything is possible with enough money, time, and know how)
2023 Wildtrak, Iconic Silver, Hard top, ordered 10/5, built 12/13, delivered 1/18

Rank VI

Dec 08, 2022

If I already had my Bronco I might buy one of those and swap out the tail gate and resale it.
I don’t believe this is a “tailgate” it is just a little slide out tray/seat for “tailgating”
22 | Badlands | Cyber | NonSAS | MIC | 2.7 Auto | Lux | Leather | Tow |
Res: 07/27/2020, Order: 11/04/2021, Sched: 8/8, Re-Sched: 8/15, In-Prod: 8/15, Blend: 8/19, Mods: 8/23, Chip Hold: 9/29, Built: 10/3, Ship: 10/4, Train #: 10/5, Delivered: 10/20.
Mikes2021Bronco

Rank VI

Dec 08, 2022

I spent several hours talking to Ford yesterday inquiring about the slide out tailgate. I started with ford chat, only waited 10 minutes to chat. My two questions were 1. Why is the slide out tailgate offered on some Sasquatch packages and not on all Bronco’s. 2. Can I add this option as a after market option to my Bronco build. Ford chat could not answer question #1 and directed me to my dealer for question #2. Ford chat then transferred me to Ford marketing because they put the Bronco’s package together. Ford marketing could not answer the 2 questions , but told me that would be a great option to have. Ford marketing transferred me to ford parts with the comment I’m just a girl and don’t know much about the Bronco hope parts can help. I made contact with an individual at ford parts, and after 30 minutes on the phone I realized that this person has no clue what he was talking about. He could never provide me a parts number. He made comments that he wasn’t ford parts just the website. When I asked him to put me in touch with ford parts , he said he was ford parts. This guy mumbled on about parts that could possibly burn my bronco up so he couldn’t give me any part number that wasn’t related to my vin #. All three of Ford employees were very nice but none of them could help me. So I came to this forum to get my answer. I know I should have started hear. I’m still confused why some Sasquatch packages allow the slide out tailgate and others make you remove the Sasquatch from your build. Thanks for listening I’m a little frustrated
The reason you can’t get it on some probably has to do with GVWR they are trying to meet a weight limit/standard. For example you can’t get a roof rack on a 4 door badlands with the V6.
Res: 07/27/2020, Order: 11/04/2021, Sched: 8/8, Re-Sched: 8/15, In-Prod: 8/15, Blend: 8/19, Mods: 8/23, Chip Hold: 9/29, Built: 10/3, Ship: 10/4, Train #: 10/5, Delivered: 10/20.

Rank V

Dec 08, 2022

Yes I can see the weight issue , but this part weighs 54 pounds, why not remove the roof rack or something else instead of the Sasquatch package. It would be a lot easier to add an aftermarket roof rack then a slide out tailgate.

Rank VI

Dec 08, 2022

Yes I can see the weight issue , but this part weighs 54 pounds, why not remove the roof rack or something else instead of the Sasquatch package. It would be a lot easier to add an aftermarket roof rack then a slide out tailgate.
I was just using that as an example.

Rank V

Dec 08, 2022

1. It's about total available payload capacity, every option added to the Bronco reduces payload capacity. To the point, you could have a 5 seater, but by using up the payload capacity you ccould be left to legally (safely) only have the driver. Now we (owners) may NOT care about surpassing that number, but Ford and its legal team DO!!
We drive Broncos that rival the weight of F150s
2 . Yes
(EPJ -Said it could not be, and was a factory built only option. But anything is possible with enough money, time, and know how)
Ford web site will let you build a 4r Wild Trac fully loaded with the tailgate slide out but not on a OBX. I’m scratching my head

Moab or bust!!!

Dec 08, 2022

If I remember correctly, Esteban commented on this situation. He said that the ordering system has no way of taking into account the weight of each ordered option and then calculate the total weight of your ordered vehicle. Since there is no way to do that electronically, it automatically assume worse case.

I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense especially when you couldn't order the smallest of options on a 2.7 Sasquatch 4 door.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Gladesmen

Dec 08, 2022

I can tell you this, the tailgate is nice My brother has it on his Basesquatch. the only down side is it raises the load floor height so shorter folks might have a problem loading the back. but it also eliminated the step up when you fold the rear seats down. it is super smooth in its operation and you still have access to storage under. There is more storage than without the tailgate. I agree it is not a tailgate per se, more of an extendable shelf that holds 600lbs. down side is it is a little narrow it does not extend the width of the opening and you have the actual swing gate to deal with.
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 08, 2022

What's illustrated at the top is the sheet metal slide-drawer storage bin, which is an available accessory my dealer's price guy quoted at about $650. I've seen it. It looks good, strikes me as a solid build, and allows you to access both the tire tools and the storage bin, because it doesn't have a bottom panel, but is anchored on the ball-bearing rails. I'm thinking of getting it--but I'm trying to keep my accessory purchasing under control.
(Latest was the Thor Lightning compressor kit with mount, a Black Friday special at $560. If you're shopping for a compressor, look into it!)

Rank V

Dec 08, 2022

I think this is a fubar, because if you go through every Bronco build on ford‘s build and price sheet and add the slide out tailgate it doesn’t make sense to me that similar build’s allow it and others don’t. I have not heard a solid answer on this from ford or can’t find one, because ford chat is clueless.
I think it’s a great addition if you have roof racks to help load and store accessories

Rank IV

Feb 23, 2024

It looks like the Slide out Tailgate assembly is now available to order via Ford Parts, but only against the MY23 Bronco vehicle option (fits 22/23).

https://parts.ford.com/
Assembly MSRP = $3,057.68
Factory option price (select models): $600
Total weight: 54lbs
Requires 4-door
Rated for 600lbs
Load floor brings trunk to an even level when seats are down (removes "mid-hump")

Full Assembly Part Number: 78467A33
Related Parts:
  • Floor Mat Part#: 7813046
  • Door Scuff Plate Part#: 7813228
  • Bracket Part#: 78402B60
  • Tie Down Hook Part#: 78467A36
  • Tailgate Latch Part#: 78467A38
  • Tailgate Support Cable Part#: 78467A39
  • Clip Part#: W710338
  • Clip Part#: W716053
  • Screw And Washer Part#: W721961
  • Screw Part#: W709055
1655991630858.pngHi, where did you get this breakdown? I am trying to find a few replacement piece and so far Ford Parts has no idea...