Simulated engine sounds (Love or Hate)

DRWright
Aug 21, 2020

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2020

I'm curious what everyone's opinions are on simulated engine sounds through the speakers.

I know this isn't a new thing but I'm interested to hear whether you think it is any good and I heard the Bronco has it.

In my opinion I prefer to not have any audio sounds generated. I'd rather hear the natural sound whether or not it sounds like a V8 or a wet fart.

Ideas? Thoughts?
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2020

Rank V

Aug 21, 2020

The first thing I did when I got my Focus RS was unplugged that artificial noise. It was amazing how quiet the car was after that.
pilonfx, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2020

Haven't had a car that pumped in engine noise so, I can't imagine it'll be nice. Like you I wanna hear outside noise.
Build week of 7/26....still....no its 8/16 now
pilonfx, BroncoMax

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 21, 2020

I had no idea that Ford was doing this. I had a '12 Mustang Boss and it had a sound tube that ran from the intake to the firewall. I removed it and plugged the open holes.
I just let a '17 Explorer Sport go back on lease and I thought it sounded pretty good when I nailed the throttle. It had a deep rumble to it. Now I am wondering if that was just the sound coming through the speakers. :rolleyes:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bsooudi, pilonfx

Standing Grumpy Face

Aug 21, 2020

I think my F-150 had it. But TBH I never noticed it. Of course my music would have drowned it out anyway. LOL
Bsooudi, pilonfx

Rank V

Aug 21, 2020

I had no idea that Ford was doing this. I had a '12 Mustang Boss and it had a sound tube that ran from the intake to the firewall. I removed it and plugged the open holes.
I just let a '17 Explorer Sport go back on lease and I thought it sounded pretty good when I nailed the throttle. It had a deep rumble to it. Now I am wondering if that was just the sound coming through the speakers. :rolleyes:

Looks like it likely is https://www.explorerforum.com/forum...-new-exhaust-but-i-didnt.457513/#post-3602860
Bsooudi, pilonfx

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2020

Yep, did the same thing to my 13 GT. The sound tube was definitely a waste of materials.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
Bsooudi, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 21, 2020

Uggg, my bubble has been bursted. I had hopes that the 2.7 might actually sound good which I guess it might sitting inside since they will probably use the same soundtrack. :LOL:
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bsooudi, pilonfx

Rank V

Aug 21, 2020

I was not aware they were doing this either. I think one of the first things I do is figure out how to disable that. I'd rather just hear the real thing or not hear it, i don't care what it sounds like, but I don't think i need fake engine sounds.
Laura, pilonfx

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 21, 2020

If they put a V-8 in it,they wouldn't have to resort to such childish tactics.
Laura, BroncoMax

Rank VI

Aug 21, 2020

If they put a V-8 in it,they wouldn't have to resort to such childish tactics.
I mean, simulated noise is just as bad as having a sound tube in my opinion. Coyotes have sound tubes.
BN #306
BroncoMax

Rank IV

Aug 22, 2020

It doesn't bother me in my F150, but my amp went out and I did enjoy it not making the noise. I have cars with loud exhaust so I'm not a fan of the piped in noise.

The big problem I see with it on the Bronco is if you have the top and doors off, everyone outside the vehicle will be able to tell the sound is coming from the speakers and not the exhaust. It will be laughable to the pedestrian on the corner that the engine noise wasn't real.
pilonfx, BroncoMax

Rank II

Aug 23, 2020

That’s a new one to me.. I hope you can get it programmed out/unhook somehow.
pilonfx, DRWright

Rank 0

Aug 23, 2020

Simulate this! IMG_1020.JPG
Bronclahoma, diggs

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2020

Simulate this! View attachment 2647
Oh my, how much power we putting down here with those twin choo choo bois?
BN #306
Deano Bronc, pilonfx

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Aug 23, 2020

MathProf, TXBronco

Rank 0

Aug 23, 2020

Oh my, how much power we putting down here with those twin choo choo bois?
650H/735T
Deano Bronc, DRWright

Rank VI

Aug 23, 2020

650H/735T
It looks thirsty! Probably stops at every fuel station for a thirst buster and a photo op!;)
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Aug 24, 2020

I sure hope Ford is listening to us and not put in simulated sound. That’s awful and what a waste.
Username, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Apr 27, 2021

Was anyone ever able to confirm if Ford put in simulated engine sounds for the Bronco? I was watching a recent video by All Terrain Nation where the host did a Bronco ride along and he made the opinion the V6 sounded too good so it must have had the simulated sound, the driver just kind of chuckled at him and didn't say anything
2 DR Badlands Velocity Blue, Lux, Auto, 2.7
DRWright, Deano Bronc