Roof Rack

AustinGinja
Jul 07, 2021

Rank 0

Jul 07, 2021

Does anyone know why adding Sasquatch won’t allow for a roof rack? I want to add one once Mine is built. This won’t be a problem will it? Thanks in advance for any info!
Howdy, Bike007b
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 07, 2021

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

GVWR!
It’s silly but it’s because the government said so
SuperMike, Howdy

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2021

Haha, it's because Ford said so, not the government.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2021

GVWR!

I’m pretty sure NSA, FBI, usda, FAA, DOT, are all against racks on Saq! The last thing any government agency wants is someone saying “look at that sweet ride, and look at the rack on it”.
The government is very much against that kind of Liberal thinking.
Really, I don’t know I want one myself!
the poacher, AustinGinja

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jul 07, 2021

The Sasquatch is too tall for the assemblers to reach to put it on. Sounds as good as any other reason although maybe its too tall for the car carrier.
the poacher, AcesandEights

Member 2541 Jerry

Jul 07, 2021

Does anyone know why adding Sasquatch won’t allow for a roof rack? I want to add one once Mine is built. This won’t be a problem will it? Thanks in advance for any info!
My “assumption” if Ford Engineers and or for safety standards compliance .
I have no doubt that Ford would love to add on as much gear as possible as long as you were willing to shell out the cash.
So obviously there is some “other” reason.

I would “assume” you can bolt one on yourself, after delivery. I also “assume” Ford will void any rollover responsibility if you added anything “not” factory approved.

how such a simple question can spin political is beyond my comprehension.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Howdy, Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jul 07, 2021

My “assumption” if Ford Engineers and or for safety standards compliance .
I have no doubt that Ford would love to add on as much gear as possible as long as you were willing to shell out the cash.
So obviously there is some “other” reason.

I would “assume” you can bolt one on yourself, after delivery. I also “assume” Ford will void any rollover responsibility if you added anything “not” factory approved.

how such a simple question can spin political is beyond my comprehension.

The spin is a little dry humor.
Howdy, 14U

Rank XII

Jul 07, 2021

Ford says there is a fix for MY22 4-door Sasquatch...not sure if that's a software, component change or both.
the poacher

Rank V

Jul 07, 2021

GVWR!

I’m pretty sure NSA, FBI, usda, FAA, DOT, are all against racks on Saq! The last thing any government agency wants is someone saying “look at that sweet ride, and look at the rack on it”.
The government is very much against that kind of Liberal thinking.
Really, I don’t know I want one myself!

Sarcasm aside, it’s because the stated GWVR and measurements from the factory cannot exceed that or the manufacturer gets in big trouble from the DOT. That’s why ratings on 2x4 versus 4x4, unaltered from the factory, are a couple hundred pounds off thanks to the drive shafts and hitch receiver class and whatnot. It’s gets really complicated really quickly and it’s hard to explain via this forum.
That said, nobody will stop a SAS owner from adding an aftermarket rack to their truck. They just can’t do it on online B&P because they know it then messes with the weight ratings they’ve given to the gooberment.
the poacher, Bike007b

Libations MOD

Jul 07, 2021

i think it was the FCC
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
AcesandEights, Bike007b