Roof Rack for OBX w/ Sasquatch?

dvazana
Feb 16, 2021

Rank III

Feb 16, 2021

Why is it that I cannot include the roof rack if the Sasquatch package is selected for the Outer Banks? I've already configured and sent in my order, but have since done much tinkering and have created 12 new Broncos I'd also like to buy :).
My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. Thanks!
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2021

Libations MOD

Feb 16, 2021

Because you have a 4dr SAS and its a GVWR in 21MY
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deano Bronc, dvazana

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 16, 2021

Why is it that I cannot include the roof rack if the Sasquatch package is selected for the Outer Banks? I've already configured and sent in my order, but have since done much tinkering and have created 12 new Broncos I'd also like to buy :).
My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. Thanks!
Yeah, its been discussed but no problem asking.
Take a look here. It's pertains to a BL but the same reasoning for a OBX.
https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/roof-rails-on-badlands-sasq.2867/#post-36008
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
dvazana

Rank III

Feb 16, 2021

Thanks! So is there a solution? For a 4dr with Sas? That is in fact what I'd already ordered (4-dr, sas, obviously no rack). I came back to build because I wanted the HD modular bumper, aux switches and tow package. It seems pretty vital to be able to have roof storage since I expect the doors and roof to be cargo very often.
Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Feb 16, 2021

Thanks! So is there a solution? For a 4dr with Sas? That is in fact what I'd already ordered (4-dr, sas, obviously no rack). I came back to build because I wanted the HD modular bumper, aux switches and tow package. It seems pretty vital to be able to have roof storage since I expect the doors and roof to be cargo very often.
Yea, buy it after your Bronco comes in from Ford or AM
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Deano Bronc, dvazana

Rank VI

Feb 17, 2021

I ordered the 2-door OBX with SAS and roof rack...glad the kids are raised and out of the house. Anyone who wants to ride with me have to be flexible enough to get in/out of the back seat.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
Deano Bronc, dvazana

Rank V

Feb 18, 2021

So I've been poking around about the Bronco GVWR and found info from this source: (https://www.keepyourdaydream.com/payload/) not regarding to the Bronco but GVWR in general.
Did the calculation using my weight and using the Bronco Nation details with the weight spec on the 4dr WT and Black Diamond 2.7L as a comparison. I feel like the weight of the Roof rack couldn't exceed more then 100 pounds, not sure why that's an issue from the engineering point. Normally roof rack in most modern sedans, wagons, SUV and crossovers only have a roof capacity of 165 pounds (https://gearjunkie.com/car-roof-rack-capacity-tips). I maybe doing something wrong but this just doesn't seem to add up, if the result I am getting is leaving me with over 1000lb payload to play with then what is the problem. Sure we could get carried away with exceeding the weight limit, but really the roof rack that could weight less then 50lb be a problem. I think it more toward the issue of shortage from the manufacturers, beside we have the painted hardtop thats being delayed and more and the computer chip is going to be next. What you think guys think?
IMG_20210217_185510_01.jpg
IMG_20210217_185510_02.jpg
Bronchi

Rank VI

Feb 18, 2021

You've done a lot of research...my guess is the vehicles are pre-production and the calculations have a broad safety range. Until the production vehicles are built and final tests are completed, Ford won't commit. For instance, it seems from what I have read, the MIC hard top color is significantly darker in the latest pre-production models than the first models (grayish in color). The color change indicates the manufacture process of the MIC hardtops has changed (maybe only color), but the final chemical mix has to be tested and the MIC hardtop will have to go through failure analysis. The failure analysis will test the strength, shear, weight, torsion (assuming there is body flex, fasteners, etc. I'll follow your post and the discussions.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches