Reservation date verses order Date

UpNOver
Jul 21, 2021

Rank III

Jul 21, 2021

Not sure there is any truth in this , but the info came from my Dealers new car manager.

He claims Ford is building units according to Reservation number ( 1st reserved - 1st out when possible) verses the actual order date ‍♂️.

seems odd to me but very possible.
ResidualGenius
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jul 21, 2021

Not sure there is any truth in this , but the info came from my Dealers new car manager.

He claims Ford is building units according to Reservation number ( 1st reserved - 1st out when possible) verses the actual order date ‍♂.

Order date doesn't mean anything as long as you did it within Ford's window. If they would have done it by order date, then you would have had long lines at the dealerships waiting to get in to order. That would have been quite the cluster although reservation night didn't exactly go as planned either.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
14U, UpNOver

Libations MOD

Jul 21, 2021

That was actually how Ford opened open reservation by, that they would do builds from the 1st reservation down as long as you ordered by March 19th (i think it was might be a few days off) but after that in April or May it went to they are building what they have the parts for so you could literally order today and based on your build get a build email before say a person that ordered in the 2nd hour now.
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Cheeselog, UpNOver

Rank III

Jul 21, 2021

Great info , it appears my Dealer is speaking the truth
ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Jul 22, 2021

He claims Ford is building units according to Reservation number ( 1st reserved - 1st out when possible) verses the actual order date ‍♂.

This is what was promised. There are many out there like me who ordered either after 9:30PM July 13th or as I did about 5AM on July 14th. I ordered on January 21st. I am very disappointed that I may not be one of the first people in my area to be driving a Bronco. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it before the Off-Rodeo in October that I signed up for.
7/14: Outer Banks, Eruption Green, Lux Package, 2.7 Eco, Sasquatch Package, Roof Rack, Towing Package, HD Modular front bumper, AUX switches
UpNOver

Rank V

Jul 22, 2021

It's an algorithm based on a few things:
  • Reservation date
  • Options ordered availability
  • Particular Bronco model (2-door or 4-door, Base or Wildtrack, etc) being run that week/month

So basically, one of the above can trump the other, and you can get one whenever it happens. I'm sure Ford won't stop building 100 extra Big Bends if all the reservation dates for that week have been filled. They'll just keep the line going, and someone gets an earlier notice. I'm also sure they don't just custom build all orders in Reservation order, that would be chaos on the assembly line.