Rear brakes rub/squeak upon backing/ vibration

GiddyupSport
Nov 23, 2021

Rank IV

Nov 23, 2021

Does anyone have problems with your Sport brakes squeaking or rubbing upon backing?

Also anyone notice a vibration while driving 25-27 mph??
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2021

Rank III

Nov 24, 2021

The squeaking noise backing up is common, you can find numerous threads about it. Caused by condensation, completely normal.

Which model do you have? Wondering if you have a 1.5 or 2.0?
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank IV

Nov 24, 2021

The squeaking noise backing up is common, you can find numerous threads about it. Caused by condensation, completely normal.

Which model do you have? Wondering if you have a 1.5 or 2.0?
Okay. At least its a common (although annoying) occurrence. Thanks for your reply. 1.5

Rank 0

Nov 24, 2021

Does anyone have problems with your Sport brakes squeaking or rubbing upon backing?

I noticed this on the Big Bend version I had. Since getting my Badlands version, I haven't noticed it at all.

Rank III

Nov 24, 2021

I noticed this on the Big Bend version I had. Since getting my Badlands version, I haven't noticed it at all.
I noticed it on both my OBX and BL. Nothing much, just a little squeal sometimes when I back up first thing.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank IV

Nov 25, 2021

I noticed it on both my OBX and BL. Nothing much, just a little squeal sometimes when I back up first thing.
My OB is pretty consistent making this sound.
And Im taking it in to check out the vibration issue (maybe alignment?)

Rank III

Nov 25, 2021

If you are hearing it all the time then maybe you should have it checked.
Could be alignment, could be tire not balanced.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak

Rank 0

Jan 22, 2022

The vibration you’re feeling could be caused by a dent in your rims. Maybe hit a bad pothole. Have them check that if the alignment looks fine

Rank IV

Jan 22, 2022

The vibration you’re feeling could be caused by a dent in your rims. Maybe hit a bad pothole. Have them check that if the alignment looks fine
Thank you. I checked at the dealership and after rotating, etc I still notice it occasionally at a steady 25-26 mph speed.

Rank IV

Apr 04, 2022

Thank you. I checked at the dealership and after rotating, etc I still notice it occasionally at a steady 25-26 mph speed.
I took my OB Sport back to the service tech regarding the vibration when keeping a constant 25 mph speed. It seems this might be “characteristic” of the 1.5 liter when it goes from 3 to 2 cylinders and they suggested I drive it in Sport mode. I tried this and it does work. Nice to have a solution that doesn’t cause a repair at least.