2023 Bronco wildtrak hardtop wind noises

WildsheepGS4
May 11, 2023

Rank II

May 11, 2023

Just received my Bronco Wildtrak yesterday. Race RED , fully loaded sound deadening hardtop. I have never been a jeep person, but I am very slowly warming upto this Wildtrak. My daily driver is usually a F 150 37 package raptor, and that is like being in a well insulated bank vault. The only thing that I do not like about the bronco is when I hit 60 MPH and beyond there is a distinct whistling noise coming from the passengers side front and rear area I believe where the window slides up into the rubber roof seal when you close the door. It does not seem to do it on the drivers side. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this in there 4 door hardtop bronco ? And if so, is there any fix to this. This is the only thing that could push me away from keeping it. Other than that I love it, but unfortunately I spend enough time on the highway that it could keep me from keeping it.

The other question I have is are there any tunes that can be done to achieve more horsepower and torque that will not void the Ford Warranty. I started looking at STEEDA, but I was wondering if there was any others. And I am going to assume that even the bronco raptor will have the hardtop wind noises ?

Any Help would be appreciated.

Thank You.
Big Papa, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2023

Friendly Neighborhood Sasquatch

Life is a Highway

May 11, 2023

Thank you @Sulley for reposting this thread!
Roughstock11

Rank II

Rank II

May 11, 2023

Another question, what are you guys running for tire pressures on the 35's ?

Rank VI

May 11, 2023

Another question, what are you guys running for tire pressures on the 35's ?
Is your question about highway driving?

If so, I am at 38-39

Off Road, 20-25
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
WildsheepGS4

Rank II

May 11, 2023

Is your question about highway driving?

If so, I am at 38-39

Off Road, 20-25

Thank You. The dealership has them at 45-50 psi. Thank you.

Rank IV

May 12, 2023

Jeeps are noisy. Broncos are noisy. Nature of the beast my friend. Above 60 MPH, noise becomes prevalent. The top is removable, sound gets in thru the panel gaps.
Jakob1972, Rydfree

Rank V

May 12, 2023

For the tune, get the Ford Performance parts tune. Have your dealer or ASE mechanic install it for the warranty.
WildsheepGS4

Rank II

May 12, 2023

For the tune, get the Ford Performance parts tune. Have your dealer or ASE mechanic install it for the warranty.
Thank you. Have you had it installed ?

Rank II

May 12, 2023

Jeeps are noisy. Broncos are noisy. Nature of the beast my friend. Above 60 MPH, noise becomes prevalent. The top is removable, sound gets in thru the panel gaps.

Understandable and acceptable to some, but I feel like if you are paying anywhere from $ 50,000.00 to $ 95,000.00 ( bronco raptor) a customer should not have to experience any type of noise or water leak from a hardtop whether the top is removable or not. Absolutely unexusable, especially after producing these for 2 years at this point knowing that you had quality control issues.

Rank II

May 12, 2023

After doing further research I guess ford issued a bulletin acknowledging the whistling noise at highway speeds and there is a fix for it that went out to dealerships. I guess it is a seal issue.

I was just curious if anyone had this happen and how long where you without your bronco ?

Rank V

May 12, 2023

Thank you. Have you had it installed ?
I have it on a 2.3L Badlands. Highly recommend it especially in Sport mode.
WildsheepGS4

Rank IV

May 12, 2023

Understandable and acceptable to some, but I feel like if you are paying anywhere from $ 50,000.00 to $ 95,000.00 ( bronco raptor) a customer should not have to experience any type of noise or water leak from a hardtop whether the top is removable or not. Absolutely unexusable, especially after producing these for 2 years at this point knowing that you had quality control issues.
Ford provides a 36,000-mile warranty that includes adjustment and alignment of body parts and panels. My 2-door drivers panel started making popping noises once the weather changed to winter. My dealer easily corrected the issue within a 1-day service visit. IIRC Ford issued a TSB about it. As you found there is a TSB regarding window alignment.

But my initial response was to your F150 "insultated bank vault" and "not a Jeep person" comments. The Bronco is far from an insulated bank vault, regardless of trim level and MSRP. The top and doors being removable does affect the design of the panel gaps, which is where sound can enter the cabin. The same parts are used for the $35K Base trim as for the $60K Wildtrack. Granted the Wildtrack has a bit more body insulation installed (additional parts) than the Base trim, but the top and doors are the same parts and either trim is produced on the same assembly line.

If you are looking for an insultated bank vault experience, the Bronco is not going to provide that for you because it was not designed to be that type of vehicle. The price difference between the Base trim and Wildtrak is in the suspension, drivetrain, additional body sound insulation, and electronics content. The MIC top and doors are the same for either trim level.
Rydfree, WildsheepGS4

Rank II

May 12, 2023

I have it on a 2.3L Badlands. Highly recommend it especially in Sport mode.
Thank you.

Rank II

May 12, 2023

Ford provides a 36,000-mile warranty that includes adjustment and alignment of body parts and panels. My 2-door drivers panel started making popping noises once the weather changed to winter. My dealer easily corrected the issue within a 1-day service visit. IIRC Ford issued a TSB about it. As you found there is a TSB regarding window alignment.

But my initial response was to your F150 "insultated bank vault" and "not a Jeep person" comments. The Bronco is far from an insulated bank vault, regardless of trim level and MSRP. The top and doors being removable does affect the design of the panel gaps, which is where sound can enter the cabin. The same parts are used for the $35K Base trim as for the $60K Wildtrack. Granted the Wildtrack has a bit more body insulation installed (additional parts) than the Base trim, but the top and doors are the same parts and either trim is produced on the same assembly line.

If you are looking for an insultated bank vault experience, the Bronco is not going to provide that for you because it was not designed to be that type of vehicle. The price difference between the Base trim and Wildtrak is in the suspension, drivetrain, additional body sound insulation, and electronics content. The MIC top and doors are the same for either trim level.

I agree with you in regards to the jeep style experience, and you are right, the bronco may not be for me because I have never been a Jeep fan. Matter of fact I can’t stand them. I probably won’t keep it because I don’t trust that it will not develop water leaks or have issues in the winter.

Although I will say that even for the customers who love these type of vehicles, excessive wind noise or water leaks is unacceptable, regardless of the price or trim.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

May 12, 2023

You cannot compare a vehicle with a removeable top to a vehicle such as a F-150. Just the thinner construction of the MIC top alone is a main reason for increased noise and then you have to account for the multi-panel design. The idea of it being a 50k plus vehicle has little to do with it. The Bronco is designed and equipped for a different purpose than a F-150 and most other (quieter) vehicles . You are paying a premium for different things . Did you ever plan to use it off-road as it was intended ? It definitely sounds as though the Bronco is not for you .
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
Eninty

Rank IV

May 12, 2023

I agree with you in regards to the jeep style experience, and you are right, the bronco may not be for me because I have never been a Jeep fan. Matter of fact I can’t stand them. I probably won’t keep it because I don’t trust that it will not develop water leaks or have issues in the winter.

Although I will say that even for the customers who love these type of vehicles, excessive wind noise or water leaks is unacceptable, regardless of the price or trim.
Well, I owned a 1995 Jeep YJ Wrangler for 14 years from new. A YJ is a very raw vehicle. Loud, zero sound insulation, metal dashboard, and thin fabric top. If one blasted the heater it kept you warm and with the windows properly zipped up, dry as well. But when wheeling it with the top and doors off, marvelous.

My Black Diamond Bronco is a virtual Cadillac in comparison to the YJ. The Bronco actually has electric windows and air-conditioning. But again, the Bronco is meant to run with the top and doors off too. Sorry, but that means a compromise, which is noise and water. Open the door of a Bronco in the rain, yup your pants get wet because there is no rain gutter. And maybe a drop of water sneaks through a seal every once in a while. If you expect that not to happen then you are in the wrong vehicle. The Bronco is meant for people who enjoy the outdoors, who go camping, hiking, etc. They don't mind wind noise and wetness. If you don't like wind noise and an occasional drop of water in the cabin, a Jeep or a Bronco is the wrong choice. The price is not reflective of the ability for containment from the elements, its actually the opposite. The price is because the roof and doors are engineered to be relatively easy to remove so the owner can experience and enjoy the elements. Thats all I'm trying to say.

If you want quiet and dryness in a ORV, that's what fixed-roof Range Rovers are for.
WildsheepGS4, Rydfree

Friendly Neighborhood Sasquatch

May 12, 2023

You cannot compare a vehicle with a removeable top to a vehicle such as a F-150. Just the thinner construction of the MIC top alone is a main reason for increased noise and then you have to account for the multi-panel design. The idea of it being a 50k plus vehicle has little to do with it. The Bronco is designed and equipped for a different purpose than a F-150 and most other (quieter) vehicles . You are paying a premium for different things . Did you ever plan to use it off-road as it was intended ? It definitely sounds as though the Bronco is not for you .
The Bronco is orders of magnitude louder than a Wrangler of the same year.Next year’s Wrangler has even more soundproofing and acoustic front glass.
WildsheepGS4

Rank IV

May 12, 2023

My 2008 BMW Z4 is much louder inside than my Bronco.