Quick ratio steering box options?

LoneRanger
Jul 29, 2020

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Jul 29, 2020

Patches has a substantial leak on the steering gear. Pretty sure the lower seal has blown out. Any thoughts on vendors? While I am sure I could get this info in minutes on CB, I am trying to stay on this site. lol

L.R.
srick76, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2020

Rank 0

Jul 29, 2020

Hey LoneRanger. You do have several options and some depend on what you already have. Since your title mentions quick ratio steering, I assume you already have the 4-turn style P/S box found later in the model years. The earlier version Ford used was a 6-turn, but those can be converted to a quicker ratio.

If you just want to rebuild yourself, you could source a rebuild kit at your local parts store, or one of the Early Bronco vendors. I see you are in FL, so Jeff's Bronco Graveyard will be the closest to you: https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Steering-Box-Power-Factory/products/35/

If you want to have your box professionally rebuilt or converted, you could contact West Texas Offroad as they are well known in the community to provide top notch service.

Hope this helps some.
Dan's73, Green bean 73

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

Jul 29, 2020

Hey LoneRanger. You do have several options and some depend on what you already have. Since your title mentions quick ratio steering, I assume you already have the 4-turn style P/S box found later in the model years. The earlier version Ford used was a 6-turn, but those can be converted to a quicker ratio.

If you just want to rebuild yourself, you could source a rebuild kit at your local parts store, or one of the Early Bronco vendors. I see you are in FL, so Jeff's Bronco Graveyard will be the closest to you: https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Steering-Box-Power-Factory/products/35/

If you want to have your box professionally rebuilt or converted, you could contact West Texas Offroad as they are well known in the community to provide top notch service.

Hope this helps some.
I have a box from West Texas off-road already, but that is "supposed" to be for Pandas 67'. Maybe I'll steal it...

L.R.

Rank 0

Feb 01, 2021

I had the box for my '73 rebuilt by West Texas Offroad several years ago, 4-turn ratio, and have been very happy with it.
LoneRanger