Questions for Bronco Stuck in Production

Hblhtx
May 26, 2022

Rank 0

May 26, 2022

D0455B3C-A026-41B4-AEDD-5E745E4B1544.jpegI have a 4 Door non sas 4 door soft top outer banks ordered. The status changed to in production on 4/20 and has not changed since. I messaged someone on the Ford website chat today and they told me ETA for completion was July 29-Aug 4th?? Has anyone else experienced this or have any insight into this? Thanks in advance!
Deano Bronc, Coraleef
Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2022

Rank V

May 26, 2022

View attachment 36629I have a 4 Door non sas 4 door soft top outer banks ordered. The status changed to in production on 4/20 and has not changed since. I messaged someone on the Ford website chat today and they told me ETA for completion was July 29-Aug 4th?? Has anyone else experienced this or have any insight into this? Thanks in advance!
They should be able to give you an idea of the hold. Probably microchips, or tow.

Burrito Connoisseur

May 26, 2022

This almost always means that your Bronco is waiting on a holding lot somewhere while it waits for a module. It's related to the microchip shortages.

Your dealer should be able to pull up a Vehicle Visibility Report that will tell you what's holding it up (but again, probably microchip related).
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank III

May 26, 2022

View attachment 36629I have a 4 Door non sas 4 door soft top outer banks ordered. The status changed to in production on 4/20 and has not changed since. I messaged someone on the Ford website chat today and they told me ETA for completion was July 29-Aug 4th?? Has anyone else experienced this or have any insight into this? Thanks in advance!
did you get modules and a tear tag yet?

Rank III

May 26, 2022

This almost always means that your Bronco is waiting on a holding lot somewhere while it waits for a module. It's related to the microchip shortages.

Your dealer should be able to pull up a Vehicle Visibility Report that will tell you what's holding it up (but again, probably microchip related).
I asked mine to run that report and he sent me this. I wish I had access to the other tabs but I don't want to bug him any further. Perhaps the ETA section is promising?

Attachments

Burrito Connoisseur

May 26, 2022

I asked mine to run that report and he sent me this. I wish I had access to the other tabs but I don't want to bug him any further. Perhaps the ETA section is promising?
Ah, he just sent you the most recent status rather than the full history. Eh, that’s fine.

If it was fully completed the status would be ”Released - Awaiting shipment”. Obviously doesn’t say that, so we know it’s off of the main assembly line, but it hasn’t been released yet. Which probably means it is waiting for a handful of microchips.

The part I don’t fully understand (that maybe a lurking Ford employee can answer for us), is why some assembly plants have a “Released to offsite” or “Plant Hold” status when there is a build issue or you are waiting for a component, but Michigan Assembly doesn’t seem to use that status. :unsure:
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon

Rank III

May 26, 2022

Ah, he just sent you the most recent status rather than the full history. Eh, that’s fine.

If it was fully completed the status would be ”Released - Awaiting shipment”. Obviously doesn’t say that, so we know it’s off of the main assembly line, but it hasn’t been released yet. Which probably means it is waiting for a handful of microchips.

The part I don’t fully understand (that maybe a lurking Ford employee can answer for us), is why some assembly plants have a “Released to offsite” or “Plant Hold” status when there is a build issue or you are waiting for a component, but Michigan Assembly doesn’t seem to use that status. :unsure:
I was thinking that perhaps the have some chips allocated, but since my shipping date appears to not be til end of June, they are going to use the currently available chips in units that are scheduled for an earlier delivery? It's those ETA dates that have me most curious.