Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 7, 2020
San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Steinfeld
So before I ask let me put it out there that I went into ordering my vehicle knowing I would be paying a premium (I got a first edition) and have no problem paying full msrp. My question is, is there any haggling to be done over price because it's a pre-order and already reserved for me? Or is the dealer basically stuck at that price? I would like to know just so I'm not going in trying to get a little bit knocked off and them tell me no when I can know before. Only talking about the price of the vehicle of course, not extras and accessories and warranties ect.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

So before I ask let me put it out there that I went into ordering my vehicle knowing I would be paying a premium (I got a first edition) and have no problem paying full msrp. My question is, is there any haggling to be done over price because it's a pre-order and already reserved for me? Or is the dealer basically stuck at that price? I would like to know just so I'm not going in trying to get a little bit knocked off and them tell me no when I can know before. Only talking about the price of the vehicle of course, not extras and accessories and warranties ect.
It makes no difference that you have a reservation. You can still negotiate the price or other perks.

TXArchitect

Rank VI

Champion I

Sep 16, 2020
Cibolo, TX, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Brittain
Member #

You can also apply an X Plan to the pricing. Could drop maybe $1,200 off the price.

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Some dealers are at $1000 under invoice. Requires travel for most. I got lucky, my local dealer is doing invoice. You may want to try TOS for more details...

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

If you have more than one ford dealership in your area you can just ask the dealership whose going to give you the best deal then switch to that dealership, or you can just use it as leverage to say I know xxx dealership will do it for MSRP will you match it.
I thought about telling my dealership if they cut me a special deal I will let them keep my Bronco for a week or so to let folks look before I pick it up. No test drives but I want something in writing before I go that route.

Calgecko

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 28, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

I just moved my reservation to Serramonte Ford in the Bay Area because they're honoring X plan pricing... that's worth a couple hours of driving.

Reactions: JFord

Steinfeld9

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 7, 2020
San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Steinfeld
Yup, Kearny Mesa is offering X plan .. go with them!
I did, thank you so much! Just an FYI if anyone else is trying to use the X-plan I had to seriously tell them to check the fine print because the dealership was dead set on not having the x-plan for the sport. Its not available for the Bronco, it most definitely is for the Bronco Sport. (kind of irritated that I could hear the sales managers in their office trying to argue saying that I was wrong, then one of them decided to look it up and changed his tune, the actual sales associate and every other person was great though)

rms34208

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 13, 2020
Florida, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Siegel
I,m excited about the Sport. I can,t wait till the dealers have demo models, and hopefully the Bronco will be available as well by May for comparison.