how to get max flex with 37's

fresh coast
Mar 20, 2024

Rank 0

Mar 20, 2024

so i have a 3" suspension lift as it is and did the max tire clearance kit. all works good on road, but i can see i'll need a body lift for when i'm at full lock i will definitely rub when flexed hard. i'm not going to give broncbuster that kind of money for something so simple. i can fab my own bumper brackets. do i need a 3" or can i do a 2 or 2.5" body lift? any way i can figure it out with measurements and math? mods i have done are 3" coilover lift, core 4x4 crawl series trailing arms and track bar with 0 offset/ 4.75" backspace wheels. tires are patagonia m/t 02. thanks for the help in advance.

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 21, 2024

What Max Clearance kit did you use? Everything I've read about it is that a 3" lift, with the JKS max clearance kit should take care of any rubbing. I'd love to know if that's not the case since that's the direction I was planning to go in.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
fresh coast, EZAPAR

Rank 0

Mar 21, 2024

i used jks and this is what i thought too and i believe they say that for the mall crawler aspect. i'll call jks tomorrow as they're somewhat local to me. i'll post their answer for sure.

Mar 21, 2024

i used jks and this is what i thought too and i believe they say that for the mall crawler aspect. i'll call jks tomorrow as they're somewhat local to me. i'll post their answer for sure.

Yeah, it might have something to do with your wheel offset as well. I'm curious what JKS has to say. What they say on their website is "Full clearance through wheel travel at 2-4" of lift with 37x12.50 tires (17x9 to 20x9 with 4.5-5.5" backspacing recommended)".
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather

SQUACHD

Mar 21, 2024

My rig is a SAS Badlands. I have 37s with a Zone 3" which lifts front 3" and rear 2" to account for rake. I also have 0 offset Black Rhino wheels. I did have some slight rub against the rear crash bar thing in wheel well. I took sawzall and cut it off, cleaned frame surface and spray painted it black. No rub at all now regardless of articulation. That back bar serves no purpose any way with SAS.
Bronco.jpg
22 Badlands 4 dr, sas, lux, mic, 2.7, cactus gray. Ordered 2/21/22 - Re Order 9/22/2022 for 23 model
TechnicalDisaster, fresh coast

Rank 0

Mar 21, 2024

i called and left a message at jks, but still waiting for a reply. my rig is a black diamond non SAS, so maybe that has something to do with it. although, a non SAS with 3" of suspension lift still puts it at 1.5" higher than a SAS. be nice if jks stated that in the description. it's not a big deal, but just more time and money on a body lift and i ordered 3" pucks from ebay and will source the bolts myself. the front 2 are going to be a challenge to source so i'll have to make those probably. then once i figure all that out and it works then i'll fab some bumper brackets. a lot to do for a trip i have planned 1st week of may while working 7/10s😖

@tommygraham, could you tell me what height you have from ground to center of wheel flares? so maybe i just need a 1.5" body lift then? thanks

Rank 0

Mar 28, 2024

just got an email from scott at jks and he says it should work. not very reassuring and the fact that tommy has way more clearance. saturday i'm heading out to holly oaks to hit the flex ramp and everything else after that. i have a 3" body lift coming and will trim it to length as i want max flex without too much wheel well showing at static. tommy thanks for taking those measurements for me!

Edit: my fender flare to ground measurements are: front 41" rear 40.5" (need to fix that)
Tommygraham front and rear are 42.25" and 42.75". So you can see why I was worried.
tommygraham

Rank 0

Apr 01, 2024

Update: So Saturday I went to Holly oaks and just like JKS said I had enough room for full articulation, but it did kiss the lil channel of the rear well that protects the brake light harness. I will be adding an 1" body lift and going to see if I can move the harness back a touch and dimple that channel inward. On our romp around the park I had some electrical gremlins show up. Not happy at all about that. So on a steep decent she sputtered and died. Yup that was not fun as there were nasty ruts and large rocks to avoid with no power. It would crank but not fire. Disconnected the battery for 20 mins and no dice. I figured it was no air, fuel or spark so I started hunting down those paths and immediately eliminated air. Looked at fuel pump 30A fuse and it was blown!!! Swapped the trailer tow fuse and away I went. I have several codes that will clear but show back up next start up. It's all fuel related so I guess tonight I'll crawl under and start looking at harness connections starting at the tank. 2 weeks ago I dropped the tank partially to swap out the upper trailing arm. Always something especially when getting ready for a trip. Oh I don't think it's that serious as it will still start remotely and on its scheduled starts. Thanks everyone for the help and hopefully this helps other people too.
Deano Bronc, tommygraham

Life is a Highway

Apr 01, 2024

Sounds like you are correct. Hopefully not anything to crazy. Keep us posted
fresh coast

Rank 0

Apr 01, 2024

So I got home from work and crawled under and wiggled the pump connection and checked evap connection and all appeared solid. Cleared codes, let some air out of tires and hit the highway. Cel is currently gone after some erratic driving to try and trigger something. Here's to hoping! Had 7 codes all related to fuel system, intake and exhaust cam position and both O2 sensors.
We shall see and my warrantied shocks showed up so one more long night of projects.
Sven

Rank 0

Apr 02, 2024

Well the gremlins are back, must be cuz it's raining here. 20 codes(several are repeats) on a 35 min ride to work. I know the dealership isn't going to be quick to jump on this. New cars aren't reliable as old beaters. I guess this is the new norm

Apr 02, 2024

Well the gremlins are back, must be cuz it's raining here. 20 codes(several are repeats) on a 35 min ride to work. I know the dealership isn't going to be quick to jump on this. New cars aren't reliable as old beaters. I guess this is the new norm

Yeah? Clearly you've never owned an old British sports car . LOL

Slickrock withdraws

Apr 02, 2024

Yeah? Clearly you've never owned an old British sportier. LOL

Awe yes...the prince of darkness..Lucas!
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22

Apr 02, 2024

Awe yes...the prince of darkness..Lucas!

Yup, and they were the inventors of the intermittent wiper. I used to buy the switches by the case.
Sven