$44 Amazon 4 way air up kit? Anyone?

Ben221
Feb 23, 2024

Rank II

Feb 23, 2024

Noticed this for sale on Amazon and it seems like a good price for a basic kit. Thoughts?
UserError

Gladesmen

Feb 23, 2024

That is not a bad price for that set up, but I wouldn’t say it is great either. Those coil hoses are a real PITA they get tangled easily and hung up on stuff and have a mind of their own. The Morrflate 4 way is about 4 times as much but it is really a nice piece. And if you get it on sale you can save about $50 on one. And you can get a two way from Trickydick. https://td-distributing.myshopify.c...lflate-2-way-hose-with-locking-valve-chucks-1
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Tricky Dick, 615_Bronco

Rank II

Feb 23, 2024

Tricky dick has a fair deal for sure. So what I did was take the 27’ or so hose that came with the Napa compressor, Ordered Amazon 4 barbed chucks, 3 barbed 3 way couplers, one barbed splice, and one 1/4” shut off valve. Splicing these into the current Napa hose and just enough to reach all 4 tire on the 2 door. Cost $28. You can deflate by disconnecting the compressor and opening the shut off valve. You can check to pressure but shutting the valve off also. Poor man’s fix.

I also added a pressure switch and universal coupler to my Napa compressor and then swapped the base plate to the back so it can lay flat and is more stable sitting on the rad support or uneven ground.

I think it will mount under the hood if I want to and just need a 150 amp relay.

IMG_6213.jpegIMG_6214.jpegIMG_6212.jpegIMG_6215.jpeg
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Gladesmen

Feb 23, 2024

That is a way to do it. How does that NAPA Compressor like laying on its side?
Funny the NAPA Maxitrac Compressor is always sold out but their Horizontal compressor is in stock.
That compressor should fit nicely in a Harbor Freight Apache 3800 box in case you need some storage for it. https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-weatherproof-protective-case-large-black-63927.html
Also I added an Anderson connector and 150A breaker so I wouldn't have to mess with the Alligator clips on the battery or lifting the hood for my Trickflate.
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Tricky Dick, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Feb 23, 2024

Definetely interested in that box. The closest Harbor F is about 35 minutes. It seems to be fine on its side. I think the pistons and internals will be fine and it will not be used frequently so not concerned. I can still run it standing up leaned against something but I think that is over kill. I like to flat and good access to the switch and chuck.

Going to mock it up under the hood for fun and check out that connector but the concept is the least expensive Inflate or deflate on a budget. I will be in this set up $150. $119 for the compressor on Valentine’s Day sale and then the fittings and pressure switch. Even bought the Y 3 ways as they are half the cost of a T fitting.
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Feb 23, 2024

Definetely interested in that box. The closest Harbor F is about 35 minutes. It seems to be fine on its side. I think the pistons and internals will be fine and it will not be used frequently so not concerned. I can still run it standing up leaned against something but I think that is over kill. I like to flat and good access to the switch and chuck.

Going to mock it up under the hood for fun and check out that connector but the concept is the least expensive Inflate or deflate on a budget. I will be in this set up $150. $119 for the compressor on Valentine’s Day sale and then the fittings and pressure switch. Even bought the Y 3 ways as they are half the cost of a T fitting.

Once you get it completed I would like to know how it works, how long it takes to fill your tires. Since I don’t print my own money I do enjoy finding less expensive and DIY alternatives.
Ben221

No Ragerts

Feb 23, 2024

Tricky dick has a fair deal for sure. So what I did was take the 27’ or so hose that came with the Napa compressor, Ordered Amazon 4 barbed chucks, 3 barbed 3 way couplers, one barbed splice, and one 1/4” shut off valve. Splicing these into the current Napa hose and just enough to reach all 4 tire on the 2 door. Cost $28. You can deflate by disconnecting the compressor and opening the shut off valve. You can check to pressure but shutting the valve off also. Poor man’s fix.

I also added a pressure switch and universal coupler to my Napa compressor and then swapped the base plate to the back so it can lay flat and is more stable sitting on the rad support or uneven ground.

I think it will mount under the hood if I want to and just need a 150 amp relay.

IMG_6213.jpegIMG_6214.jpegIMG_6212.jpegIMG_6215.jpeg

Well played - I have a Maxi Trac that’s probably 10 years old and still going strong. I DIY’d a similar pressure switch and quick connect that I installed from an older post on a Jeep forum for my TJ back in the day. I too fabricated a 4 way inflation octopus from 1/4 tubing, schrader valve and pressure fittings for the closed, clamp on chucks too! Overall, it’s a great set up & I recently made one for @fallenhazard for under $40 in parts.

The satisfaction of a functional DIY project is rewarding indeed!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Ben221, Deano Bronc

Rank IV

Feb 23, 2024

Like the DIY options also, the prices for the name-brand options are little too steep for me, being a very occasional air-up-and-downer here.
Here is my follow up question for those with experience: Is the extra $$ and materials (storage space in 2-door) really worth doing a 4-tire setup rather than a 2-tire setup? I'm considering one of the single piston 5.6 cfm pumps with a dual-hose setup, and just moving it from Driver to Pass side. Morr has one of those with the pro/auto shutoff marked down some. I'm thinking the few minutes to move the dual hose once would be offset by having less stuff to unpack and put away (smaller compressor, half the hose to put away). Especially if using the auto-shut off, should be easy to still get all 4 to the same pressure. Or would I have ragerts? 😁
22 Badlands 2-door, 7MT, HP Red, delivered Nov 2022
Former fords: '83 Mustang Conv, '94 Bronco XLT, '05 Excursion PSD, '10 Expedition EL EB (still the family wagon).
Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Feb 23, 2024

Like the DIY options also, the prices for the name-brand options are little too steep for me, being a very occasional air-up-and-downer here.
Here is my follow up question for those with experience: Is the extra $$ and materials (storage space in 2-door) really worth doing a 4-tire setup rather than a 2-tire setup? I'm considering one of the single piston 5.6 cfm pumps with a dual-hose setup, and just moving it from Driver to Pass side. Morr has one of those with the pro/auto shutoff marked down some. I'm thinking the few minutes to move the dual hose once would be offset by having less stuff to unpack and put away (smaller compressor, half the hose to put away). Especially if using the auto-shut off, should be easy to still get all 4 to the same pressure. Or would I have ragerts? 😁

Just my $.02 for the price of just the Morrflate single piston you can get the Trickflate or NAPA duel piston with pressure switch and add a Trickflate 2 way hose. https://td-distributing.myshopify.c...0-l-min-air-compressor?variant=43969554481406 I still use the dash to tell me when my tires are inflated properly.
and as far as all the tires being equal even with my nice Morrflate 4-way hose one tire is always about 1 psi off when filling. it is never the same tire either.
as far as space savings the single compressor is tad bit smaller, but if you can spare the space (about the size of a kleenex box or less) the twins are fast and the 2 way will be fine. although the 4-way is really not much bigger. It is easy for me to use your space and spend your money.😁
But I do find myself using the compressor and hoses all the time. I even used it to fill the tires on my yard wagon that took all of 10 seconds to fill those tires.
Tricky Dick, Ben221

Moab or bust!!!

Feb 23, 2024

That is a way to do it. How does that NAPA Compressor like laying on its side?
Funny the NAPA Maxitrac Compressor is always sold out but their Horizontal compressor is in stock.
That compressor should fit nicely in a Harbor Freight Apache 3800 box in case you need some storage for it. https://www.harborfreight.com/3800-weatherproof-protective-case-large-black-63927.html
Also I added an Anderson connector and 150A breaker so I wouldn't have to mess with the Alligator clips on the battery or lifting the hood for my Trickflate.

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to head to HB to pick a case up before I head out west.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
TK1215, Jakob1972

Gladesmen

Feb 24, 2024

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to head to HB to pick a case up before I head out west.

Oh one thing if you get the Apache 3800 case it will only fit the twin compressor, I am not sure if you jump up to the next size you can fit the hoses in as well. Now that I have this set up and used a few times, I kinda like the hoses being in a separate bag I use those every time I air up or down I only use the compressor on air ups. This is my set up and the second pic is how it rides the little step up area is perfect for the Morrflate bag and/Or my traction boards when those come along.

Attachments

Deano Bronc, Rydfree

Bailing forward!

Feb 24, 2024

Just my $.02 for the price of just the Morrflate single piston you can get the Trickflate or NAPA duel piston with pressure switch and add a Trickflate 2 way hose. https://td-distributing.myshopify.c...0-l-min-air-compressor?variant=43969554481406 I still use the dash to tell me when my tires are inflated properly.
and as far as all the tires being equal even with my nice Morrflate 4-way hose one tire is always about 1 psi off when filling. it is never the same tire either.
as far as space savings the single compressor is tad bit smaller, but if you can spare the space (about the size of a kleenex box or less) the twins are fast and the 2 way will be fine. although the 4-way is really not much bigger. It is easy for me to use your space and spend your money.😁
But I do find myself using the compressor and hoses all the time. I even used it to fill the tires on my yard wagon that took all of 10 seconds to fill those tires.

One nice thing about a 2 way is a lot of people like to run different pressure front/rear, so a 2 way will equalize them if you want to do that.
Sven, Fillups

Rank II

Feb 26, 2024

You can do 2 tires with a 4 way kit with closed chucks if you want. Cant do 4 with a 2 way. Obvious I know.
Jakob1972

Bailing forward!

Feb 26, 2024

You can do 2 tires with a 4 way kit with closed chucks if you want. Cant do 4 with a 2 way. Obvious I know.

I was more speaking to the benefits of a 2 way vs single hose. It's a small upgrade that goes a long way.
Ben221, Sven