Off-Road Coverage Now Available

Ford Motor Company
Jan 18, 2024

Rank V

Jan 18, 2024

Ford Motor Company has changed the game and is thrilled to be the first OEM to offer the all-new Off-Road Coverage.

The Off-Road Coverage option is available on select Ford Protect® extended service plans.*
• TireCARE • TireCARE Plus • TripleCARE • TripleCARE Plus •
Add the Off-Road Coverage option and venture off the beaten path with more confidence than ever. The peace of mind of owning a Ford - made just for you.

*Plan availability, benefits, coverage and provider may vary by state.
Please refer to the service contract provisions for terms and conditions, including a list of covered repairs. Purchasing the Off-Road Coverage option is only available on TireCARE, TireCARE Plus, TripleCARE and TripleCARE Plus extended service plans. TripleCARE and TripleCARE Plus are not available in Florida.

To learn more about the extended service plans, Click Here.
Gyoja, Chief Ron

Rank IV

Jan 18, 2024

Huh. Bet it costs a pretty penny. In my state glass is already covered.
65B.134 COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE; GLASS BREAKAGE.
Any policy of automobile insurance, as defined in section 65B.14, subdivision 2, providing comprehensive coverage, whether designated as such or included in a policy providing broader coverage, must provide at the option of the insured complete coverage for repair or replacement of all damaged safety glass without regard to any deductible or minimum amount.

Like most all insurance policies I like to carry the minimum. Every widget a person buys someone wants you to insure it.

The other thing here is the seller of these policies MAKE money on them. Most all policies holders don’t.

Here we go again…
Chief Ron, the poacher

Mako M35

Jan 19, 2024

I have the tire care and it has replaced 2 tires and repaired one tire. It costs me 600 dollars for the option and at 300
dollars a tire plus labor it has paid for it self. It is good for 60 months and unlimited miles. I have put 15000 miles on my Bronco this first year. I have also rotated my tires every oil change so 4 times ( I always do a 1500 mile oil change on my new vehicles) then every 3000-4000 after that. The OEM tires seem a little suspect for punctures. They warranty covers any tire or wheel that I decide to install.
Deano Bronc

Gladesmen

Jan 19, 2024

I have the tire care and it has replaced 2 tires and repaired one tire. It costs me 600 dollars for the option and at 300
dollars a tire plus labor it has paid for it self. It is good for 60 months and unlimited miles. I have put 15000 miles on my Bronco this first year. I have also rotated my tires every oil change so 4 times ( I always do a 1500 mile oil change on my new vehicles) then every 3000-4000 after that. The OEM tires seem a little suspect for punctures. They warranty covers any tire or wheel that I decide to install.

I have that tire Deal as well but IIRC I have to buy the tires from a Ford dealership. in the 14 months and 23K miles of ownership, I have never needed it. I have also rotated the tires at every oil change. cheap insurance for those pricy tires.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
the poacher

Rank IV

Jan 19, 2024

The "TripleCARE Plus*" is a tempting product, but as stated above I'm sure its not cheap! The TireCare plus is something BMW should offer, their "beadless run-flat tires" are crap! My wife In 2 years has "popped" a tire 3 times just from small pot-holes.
extra toasty, Deano Bronc