Goat Mountain, Oregon

swooshdave
Jan 02, 2024

Rank V

Jan 02, 2024

Great drive to the Green Mountain and Goat Mountain area. We started in Molalla and I was afraid we’d hit more dead ends. I had heard there were a lot of closed gates coming from the west side. We only ended up turning around twice. From the north side of Green Mountain there was a spectacular view. We could see all the way to downtown Portland. By the time we got to the top of Goat Mountin the weather had come in and we could barely see down to Clear Lake. Be aware it’s a wicked steep drop down to the lake. Then we drove down to the lake. It’s a very pretty lake and I’d love to come back in the summer. Unfortunately there was a lot of trash everywhere we went. We picked up what we could. I had hoped to run into some snow so we may go back up if we do get a little snow. Both the road to the top of Goat Mountain and to Clear Lake are pretty rough, perfect for the Broncos.

Attachments

Bschurr, Laura

BYOB… Bring your own Bronco!

Jan 03, 2024

Appears yall had a great trip regardless of the weather. Appreciate the pics!

🐎
2023 Wildtrak, sas, mid, soft top. Not crazy offroader…. Just a normal trail junkie
Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 08, 2024

Great drive to the Green Mountain and Goat Mountain area. We started in Molalla and I was afraid we’d hit more dead ends. I had heard there were a lot of closed gates coming from the west side. We only ended up turning around twice. From the north side of Green Mountain there was a spectacular view. We could see all the way to downtown Portland. By the time we got to the top of Goat Mountin the weather had come in and we could barely see down to Clear Lake. Be aware it’s a wicked steep drop down to the lake. Then we drove down to the lake. It’s a very pretty lake and I’d love to come back in the summer. Unfortunately there was a lot of trash everywhere we went. We picked up what we could. I had hoped to run into some snow so we may go back up if we do get a little snow. Both the road to the top of Goat Mountain and to Clear Lake are pretty rough, perfect for the Broncos.

Beautiful pictures! Looks like it was a great trip.
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Jan 08, 2024

Another great sounding trail drive. Thank you for collecting trash.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s

No Ragerts

Jan 08, 2024

Looks amazing - Thanks for sharing!

It really toasts my bread to find garbage while off-roading. In fact, litter in general is so disrespectful.

There is a saying in SCUBA diving - “take only pictures and leave only bubbles” and the same should hold true for this activity as well.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)