SCAMS SCAMS SCAMS.............. AND MORE ...

Plotus
Dec 19, 2023

Plotus

Dec 19, 2023

AS WE APPROACH THE NEW YEAR 2024....... YEA...... I was born in 1951 and could of never of imagined the state of things today..... Back then we had Dick Tracy and later '1984' to look forward to, ie little smart-things phones and later a blueprint for Tyrany.
Today is what matters and the current crop. It seems the common man or woman is such a target that we must be prudent......... 'Trust??...... but Verify' is the name of the game. We can all participate here in this topic/post and list what scams you have been keen to discover currently. And especially dealing with our Bronco's. All topics ought to be of concern though, so lets try to provide a heads-up on the current crop out there, that we just might without proper examination, walk headlong into.....

THE DISCUSSION IS YOURS ...........
RED DEATH, PSUTE

KCsBronco

Dec 19, 2023

Yeah, these days fraudsters' definitely a booming growth business. We haven't yet seen any Bronco sourced fraud, but email & phone scams happen daily. I can hardly remember when we assumed every phone call was legit - How things have changed!!

Cheers
RED DEATH, PSUTE

Rank IV

Dec 19, 2023

My wife is a real-estate agent, in the last 6 months she has had 2 clients get "phishing messages" and wire money the day before settlement to offshore accounts... All the agents at her firm have in there email signature to Never wire money with out speaking with them first.
when you make an offer on a house it is pretty much public knowledge. Problem is we all have these things called "cell phones" but nobody uses the "phone part" to talk to anybody anymore. Its all "click here" or "text Yes" or "click to pay now" Always do your homework when it comes to your money!!!
RED DEATH, Deano Bronc

I want to go back!

Dec 19, 2023

Seems like it is well known how much demand there is for a hard top. Facebook is full of people “selling” them. People with new accounts, no friends, and want private messages for all communications. Ford is creating a market of scammers by not coming through and making these available.
RED DEATH, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 19, 2023

AS WE APPROACH THE NEW YEAR 2024....... YEA...... I was born in 1951 and could of never of imagined the state of things today..... Back then we had Dick Tracy and later '1984' to look forward to, ie little smart-things phones and later a blueprint for Tyrany.
Today is what matters and the current crop. It seems the common man or woman is such a target that we must be prudent......... 'Trust??...... but Verify' is the name of the game. We can all participate here in this topic/post and list what scams you have been keen to discover currently. And especially dealing with our Bronco's. All topics ought to be of concern though, so lets try to provide a heads-up on the current crop out there, that we just might without proper examination, walk headlong into.....

THE DISCUSSION IS YOURS ...........

Man you are old....1951!

Wife and other folks at church have gotten text messages stating it was our priest asking for money for the homeless. Total of 8 so far. Some took the bait.
Chief Ron, PSUTE

Will Flyfish for food.

Dec 19, 2023

This time of year you have guys in red suits scamming every one too.
Chief Ron, Sven

Plotus

Dec 20, 2023

You know, the Salvation Army people with the kettle..... I always give to them..
Deano Bronc, Roughstock11

Formerly True

Dec 23, 2023

I'm now very careful what I buy on Amazon. Bought a few things that never shipped. Had to deal with Amazon to get my money back. I always check the seller and if Amazon is fulfilling it.
RED DEATH, Chief Ron

Hey y’all, watch this!

Dec 23, 2023

What about all the mail offers you get to extend your manufacturer’s warranty. I started getting them literally the day after I bought my Bronco. Most say your warrant is about to expire and you only have a short time to extend it. 9 months since I got the Bronco and I still get 1 or 2 a week. I don’t know if they’re “scams” but they sure want your money and they are annoying. Mine go right in to shredder.
‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
Plotus, RED DEATH

Slickrock withdraws

Dec 23, 2023

If you all send me one dollar each I will tell you how to avoid them!
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22
Plotus, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Dec 23, 2023

What about all the mail offers you get to extend your manufacturer’s warranty. I started getting them literally the day after I bought my Bronco. Most say your warrant is about to expire and you only have a short time to extend it. 9 months since I got the Bronco and I still get 1 or 2 a week. I don’t know if they’re “scams” but they sure want your money and they are annoying. Mine go right in to shredder.

1703369913288.png
Deano Bronc, RED DEATH

Hey y’all, watch this!

Dec 23, 2023

If you all send me one dollar each I will tell you how to avoid them!

My check is in the mail!
‘23 Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak 2.7L-V6 4 dr. MIC Sas Lux and Lovin’ it!!
Deano Bronc, Sven

Slickrock withdraws

Dec 23, 2023

My check is in the mail!

I believe that is one of the three Great lies I've always heard about.😶
2 Dr BL MGV High 2.3 Auto SAS MIC Tow....
7/13/20 res 1/21/21 order
Got my VIN 9/30.....Build week 11/15 Delivered 1/14/22
Deano Bronc, Sam I Am 1966

Rank V

Dec 24, 2023

"We put your refund on your card."
Deano Bronc, Sam I Am 1966

Rank I

Dec 27, 2023

Not Bronco specific- but don't use your debit card to buy gas!! Many of the current card skimmers are almost impossible to see on the pump. Any good credit card will get you your money back quickly, but if you're paying with a debit card and enter your pin, it may take a LONG time to recover any stolen money from your account, if you can at all.

The article below details the paper thin skimmers that were placed inside the card slot of the gas pump, along with a small camera to capture your PIN. Again- use those credit cards so that you are protected against someone stealing your card information!
https://www.denver7.com/news/front-...cover-nearly-paper-thin-card-skimmers-on-atms
Plotus, Deano Bronc