Soft top coming apart and leaking

TroyWhite
Nov 30, 2023

Rank III

Nov 30, 2023

Wanted to reach out to my fellow Gen 6 people to see if you have had the same experience as I am. First, we are a fully addicted Bronco family. We have five Broncos in total between My 16-year-old daughter 20-year-old son and myself. Many of you may know my son Parker from his social media @Bronco.88 and all the Bronco podcasts he has been on. We are very active in the southeast, especially Georgia Broncos. So that being said I definitely don’t want to bash Ford. I have a 2021 Outer Banks with a little over 55k miles on it. I dropped my Bronco off at the end of Oct with a laundry list of things that need attention. Everything from broken window switches to check engine lights and a soft top that leaked and the material was separating. I will finally be picking up my baby today with most everything repaired. This is where my problems come. My top is still not repaired. They are willing to re-glue the material on the interior which they are instructed on how to do by a Ford Service Bulletin that has been sent out at a cost of $1,157.50. Of course, that seems extremely high for some spray adhesive. I have dealt with the “Warranty Customer Service” dept and their supervisor. One of the worst experiences I have had with anyone at Ford. They did offer to reduce the price some. My main issue is paying out money for this when the main issue is the leak which they “hope” will be solved once they re-glue everything. I don’t feel that is going to solve the leak since the extra material is to help with rubbing when opening and closing the roof, not keep water out. Hate that I feel no matter if it is a hard or soft top on our Bronco it is a problem. Curious to see what experience you have had.
MWNew, AngusMac13

Rank V

Nov 30, 2023

My top was replaced under warranty- Twice!
Reserved 7/14/2020 - Ordered 1/20/2021- home on 9/18/21.
Outerbanks, A51, High package, Tow capability, (MIC top-REMOVED 8/12) , Aux
Chief Ron, BadBronco

Rank III

Nov 30, 2023

My top was replaced under warranty- Twice!

What were your problems?

Rank V

Nov 30, 2023

What were your problems?

The interior seam glue failed... I was the first replacement at my dealer... They did not do a great job--- They did it a second time and did it much better. I am going to have it done again as I have a slight rip that is covered by a current service bulletin.
Reserved 7/14/2020 - Ordered 1/20/2021- home on 9/18/21.
Outerbanks, A51, High package, Tow capability, (MIC top-REMOVED 8/12) , Aux

Rank V

Dec 05, 2023

Wanted to reach out to my fellow Gen 6 people to see if you have had the same experience as I am. First, we are a fully addicted Bronco family. We have five Broncos in total between My 16-year-old daughter 20-year-old son and myself. Many of you may know my son Parker from his social media @Bronco.88 and all the Bronco podcasts he has been on. We are very active in the southeast, especially Georgia Broncos. So that being said I definitely don’t want to bash Ford. I have a 2021 Outer Banks with a little over 55k miles on it. I dropped my Bronco off at the end of Oct with a laundry list of things that need attention. Everything from broken window switches to check engine lights and a soft top that leaked and the material was separating. I will finally be picking up my baby today with most everything repaired. This is where my problems come. My top is still not repaired. They are willing to re-glue the material on the interior which they are instructed on how to do by a Ford Service Bulletin that has been sent out at a cost of $1,157.50. Of course, that seems extremely high for some spray adhesive. I have dealt with the “Warranty Customer Service” dept and their supervisor. One of the worst experiences I have had with anyone at Ford. They did offer to reduce the price some. My main issue is paying out money for this when the main issue is the leak which they “hope” will be solved once they re-glue everything. I don’t feel that is going to solve the leak since the extra material is to help with rubbing when opening and closing the roof, not keep water out. Hate that I feel no matter if it is a hard or soft top on our Bronco it is a problem. Curious to see what experience you have had.

Hi TroyWhite! I can look into your bronco's soft top/leak concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your bronco's VIN?