Punting... ☹️

MediocreDan
Jun 10, 2022
MediocreDan

Jun 10, 2022

My WildTrak was supposed to be a gift to myself on my 45th birthday. I thought I ordered in plenty of time.

I will turn 46 on Sunday and I've reached my limit. (Roughly a year and a half.) I switched dealers once because that "was a problem." With little to no info coming from Ford - my dealer telling me things like "You'll know before I do!", I've decided to start looking in a completely different direction. The situation and the dream that I had of getting another Bronco (like I had when I was 16) and enjoying it with my family, is simply too tarnished at this point. I put the blame squarely on @Ford Motor Company but really enjoyed reading this site and the folks here. I have a full-year membership here - stickers - the hat - the grille badge but enough is enough.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to scoop up my hat and badge but they are now free to a good home. PM me and I'll even cover shipping. I'll stay on here for a bit.

I appreciate the heck out of all of you and I wish you nothing but amazing luck and time with your new Broncos!

Have a great weekend!
EZAPAR, Sdakotabronco

Life is a Highway

Jun 10, 2022

My WildTrak was supposed to be a gift to myself on my 45th birthday. I thought I ordered in plenty of time.

I will turn 46 on Sunday and I've reached my limit. (Roughly a year and a half.) I switched dealers once because that "was a problem." With little to no info coming from Ford - my dealer telling me things like "You'll know before I do!", I've decided to start looking in a completely different direction. The situation and the dream that I had of getting another Bronco (like I had when I was 16) and enjoying it with my family, is simply too tarnished at this point. I put the blame squarely on @Ford Motor Company but really enjoyed reading this site and the folks here. I have a full-year membership here - stickers - the hat - the grille badge but enough is enough.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to scoop up my hat and badge but they are now free to a good home. PM me and I'll even cover shipping. I'll stay on here for a bit.

I appreciate the heck out of all of you and I wish you nothing but amazing luck and time with your new Broncos!

Have a great weekend!
Sorry to hear brother, and I feel ya. This isn’t easy. Back in early 2021 I joked about this being my 60th birthday present. I turn 58 at the end of July and I have no build in sight. Please stay in touch and drop into the bar for a visit. Let us know what you end up getting.
rws, SethPoeski

Rank VI

Jun 10, 2022

My brother in law ordered both a Bronco in Aug 2020 and Land Rover Defender around the same time hoping to have a new off-road vehicle for his 50th birthday in Mar'22 (if the Land Rover came first he'd drive until the Bronco came in then sell it. If the Bronco came in first, he'd just walk on the Land Rover). Neither happened. He's still in Bronco limbo-land without a build date. His Land Rover has been built and hopped on a train from Slovakia to France where it is currently waiting to be loaded onto a ship to make the Atlantic crossing. Unfortunately with supply chains all jacked, it's been stuck in France for almost 3 months now, and Land Rover has no idea when it will make it up on a ship. He's frustrated, but there's nothing else out there he wants, so he waits.

I hope that whatever direction you decide to go that you are able to get it in a reasonable amount of time for you and your family to enjoy. Good luck.

I'm up to my eyeballs in Bronco hats, but if nobody else is interested in the grill badge, I'd be happy to take it off your hands.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
SlashRacer, BroncOitis

Rank VI

Jun 10, 2022

Maybe a sportier little two-seater?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
BroncOitis, TK1215

Rank III

Jun 10, 2022

Have a great weekend!
Sorry to read and hear your story, I have been looking for other vehicles because I am ready to jump myself. Enjoy life, stay happy and safe
rws, CarolinaCactusGreyBabe

Rank V

Jun 14, 2022

I have no data on my order. Folks ask me when I'm going to get my truck. I'm at the point that if it isn't a great build, and I'm going over it with a fine tooth comb, then I will let the dealer have it. I have a 12 year old Jeep that runs like a champ, low miles, great shape. Minor things from time to time, but at 12 years old I expect that. I can put a lot of maintenance on it for $60K. Ford needs to talk to the public. I wonder how many customers they have lost and will in the future. The shortages are their issue, period. Big profits and extremely bad planning have put them in this hole. As the recession sets in, it will be interesting to see how many of the folks that were going to mortgage their 2nd born, will still feel the same about a truck. If you are old enough to remember the 1980 hit, the only difference is time.
Rydfree, BroncOitis

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2022

Unfortunately, your first dealer told you the truth. Ford contacts the customer long before they contact the dealer. My Wildtrak was ordered 1 year snd 3 days ago. It’s built awaiting shipment to the dealer. All communications regarding the Wildtrak were emailed to me. Ford has yet to contact my dealer. They will contact them when it’s actually shipped.

I completely understand your frustration and don’t blame you.

Good luck with your next vehicle purchase.
Dimo302, rws

Rank III

Jun 14, 2022

Have a great weekend!
I hear you and kinda did the same. I reserved mine thinking it'd be for my 48th bday. Then 49th.. then my 50th I was sure I'd be rewarded. Nope. Only crickets from Ford and my dealer is useless. Hello new Toyota Tacoma! In truth, I couldn't be happier. I might sell my Bronco shwag too - the poster, the flag, the hammock, the calendar. FYI it's been 690 days for me.
rws, Squatchin

Rank V

Jun 14, 2022

I hear y’all, this crap about time stamps vs dealer allotments, builds for dealer stock are BS. Not a single Bronco should have shipped for dealer stock until the last f$&*ing reservation/order has been filled. Just because I selected a small local dealer that gives good service vs the high volume metro dealer should not have pushed me back. This will in all likelihood be the last Ford I ever buy and it is all I have driven since I was 14. That goes goes for my 30 vehicle HVAC fleet as well, all GM from here.
“BCH BRNC“ BlkDia 2Dr/MIC/2.7/AT/Carbon Gray/Mid Pkg
Res:10/20, Orders: MY ‘21 04/21, MY ‘22 10/21, Prod 8/8, Del 8/29
richtor, Chinook

Rank VI

Jun 14, 2022

Do like me, buy so many accessories for your Bronco that you can’t afford to walk away :p
mikeeshim, rws

GASQUATCH

Jun 14, 2022

I understand the frustration...there are some RSVP killers (like tow package, tops, etc) that just hang the trucks into oblivion. I dont know what everyone is ordering, but once I changed from WT w/tow, to a BL w/o tow, I had schedule the next week. My RSVP was a year and a half....hard to imagine a manufacturer able to survive these kinds of delays.
On my F150 powerboost group and Edge ST groups, everyone is having same delays with certain options (bluecruise for instance). Even my son's 2013 focus transmission is on oblivion hold for parts until November. I ended up buying a different car for him as months without a car is not realistic. I have been waiting for 4 Polaris Rangers (at work) since November and they are now earmarked for for week in July...will see if that date holds.

crazy times we live in.
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red
BroncOitis

Rank V

Jun 15, 2022

Sorry to hear this. What direction are you going now?
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jun 15, 2022

Have a great weekend!
I feel for you!
I know exactly how you are feeling, this is a long and winding road that started out as a freshly paved road that has turned into a dirt road with no end in sight.
You keep going, the road has more and more potholes and it just keeps getting worse, there is a point, when the potholes are so bad that you need to turn off that road and get to a different road that is much better than the one you were on.
I am sure that there is nothing we could say that would change your mind at this point, I hope you find that smooth road that you seek, and you're able to have that vehicle one day to hit those nicely paved roads that don't end up turning into dirt.......
Just as @TK1215 has said, swing by @ResidualGenius Build and Libations Bar, and say hi to the gang there before you take off on your new adventure down that well paved road..........
Good Luck to you in whatever direction that road takes you!
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
BuckYeah, ResidualGenius

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jun 15, 2022

I hear you and kinda did the same. I reserved mine thinking it'd be for my 48th bday. Then 49th.. then my 50th I was sure I'd be rewarded. Nope. Only crickets from Ford and my dealer is useless. Hello new Toyota Tacoma! In truth, I couldn't be happier. I might sell my Bronco shwag too - the poster, the flag, the hammock, the calendar. FYI it's been 690 days for me.
I did the exact same thing as you, I Ordered a J**p Wrangler Willys fully loaded in March and "no lie" got it 5 weeks later.
However I am going to sell (as @tlowell01 has stated) the J**p when the Bronco is finally in transit to the Dealership, unfortunately it sounds like I will be reordering for the 3rd time at the end of 2022 for a 2023......:(
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
rws, Jboohound

Rank V

Jun 15, 2022

Have a great weekend!
If I was at that point I'd just go to a Ford dealer and make a deal on a Bronco off the lot. I see them every day in Central and North Jersey, some really nice trucks. Two weeks ago I counted 5 Broncos at a Ford dealer on RT9.
BroncOitis

Rank III

Jun 15, 2022

It’s not just Ford having issues. I had decided I was going to jump ship, pick up a Toyota RAV4 Prime plug-in hybrid. I know, I know … completely different vehicle. Was thinking I’m not going to pay these ridiculous gas prices for a vehicle that gets 20 mpg. Well, that idea fell off a cliff. Wait time for a Toyota RAV4 hybrid or plug-in hybrid, Tacoma, Tundra, etc, is two years. Same for Volkswagens, BMWs, Audis, and a number of other brands. I’ve been looking at them all, because my VW GTI has 120,000 miles on it and interest rates are creeping up. Well, I’m back to staying with Ford and waiting for my Bronco. I guess what I’m saying is if it’s what you want, might as well stay the course. The chances of getting something else is pretty slim.
richtor, MobScene13

Life is a Highway

Jun 15, 2022

I did the exact same thing as you, I Ordered a J**p Wrangler Willys fully loaded in March and "no lie" got it 5 weeks later.
However I am going to sell (as @tlowell01 has stated) the J**p when the Bronco is finally in transit to the Dealership, unfortunately it sounds like I will be reordering for the 3rd time at the end of 2022 for a 2023......:(
Right there with you brother!
richtor, BroncOitis

Life is a Highway

Jun 15, 2022

Right there with you brother!
Like all little boys, I will look you in the eye and say “mines longer than yours” the wait that is! :ROFLMAO:
ChickasawNDN, rws

Rank IV

Jun 15, 2022

I get it totally. I liked the Bronco as a fun midlife crisis car to relive a piece of my youth. The 2023 Supra is coming out with a manual - I am gonna throw a res on it and the first one to deliver wins.
Dimo302, Jboohound

Rank V

Jun 15, 2022

Have a great weekend!

Dan, we are of the same generation. so I am here to talk you down. Kate Bush has trended for her "Stranger Things"' renaissance but do your remember the duet with Peter Gabriel "Don't Give Up?"

I'm waiting too. Not as long, but regardless of trying to read the who, what, when, why and how... you will get your Bronco. I (we) need you to not give up. The joy of you posting when it arrives will be a celebration for all of us. Grab my hand, take a deep breath, close your eyes and envision that moment.

Don't give up
You still have us
Don't give up
We don't need much of anything
Don't give up
'cause somewhere there's a place
Where we belong

IN BRONCO NATION.

** I've had the $hittiest night with a neighbor harassing me. So I really need this win. Please tell us all you are still in.
2022 Wildtrak | Eruption Green | 2Dr | Sasquatch | Lux | Tow | Leather-trim SStone Blk Seats | MIC | Mod Bumper
Order 11/10/21
August feel: Boo. Sept. 9: I GOT A VIN! Oct. 27: Built!
AutumnHawk, Corncob