Possibilty of moving an order to another dealer.

rwb
Oct 11, 2021

Rank I

Oct 11, 2021

So with all the hoopla going about the allocation system. Has anyone pulled an order from a smaller dealership to a larger dealership? Worth the effort? Does it re-set your place in line? I'm in SoCal, my dealer is selling at MSRP, but is a small to medium-sized dealership with really no cars on the lot at the moment. With Galpin ford about an hour away, and probably having to move my order to a 22 soon, just wondering if its worth it to try. Thanks in advance for your points of view
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2021

Rank V

Oct 11, 2021

So with all the hoopla going about the allocation system. Has anyone pulled an order from a smaller dealership to a larger dealership? Worth the effort? Does it re-set your place in line? I'm in SoCal, my dealer is selling at MSRP, but is a small to medium-sized dealership with really no cars on the lot at the moment. With Galpin ford about an hour away, and probably having to move my order to a 22 soon, just wondering if its worth it to try. Thanks in advance for your points of view
Will your dealer also allow you to move your deposit to another dealer? Mine is $2K and non-refundable :-(
Hobgoblin, rwb

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 11, 2021

Switching dealers does not reset your place in line, it'll still ultimately be based on your reservation timestamp.

BUT switching ultimately may also not help. Allocations are (roughly) based on the number of overall vehicle sales with a special emphasis on Bronco Sport sales. The problem is dealers with more sales will also generally have more orders. Your current dealer may have... say... an allocation of 20 Bronco units with 100 orders. You could switch to a dealer with an allocation of 400 Bronco units, but they may have 2000 orders for Broncos. So did switching dealers help your place in line? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to say.

So... what you need to find is the unicorn dealer that has a ton of overall vehicle sales—especially Bronco Sport sales, but a low overall number of Bronco orders. Good luck. (y)
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
SlashRacer, TK1215

Rank I

Oct 11, 2021

Will your dealer also allow you to move your deposit to another dealer? Mine is $2K and non-refundable :-(
I did not have to put a deposit down, only the $100 to ford.

Rank VI

Oct 11, 2021

I did not have to put any other deposit down now. Only $500 when the VIN is issued. It is refundable though.

The large non-refundable deposit is also something that hurts customers in this new allocation game. $2,000 is enough to keep most people where they are and just wait it out. That was another thing that I was looking to avoid when I placed my order. Not a great situation for sure.

Looking for rocks!

Oct 12, 2021

Switching dealers does not reset your place in line, it'll still ultimately be based on your reservation timestamp.

BUT switching ultimately may also not help. Allocations are (roughly) based on the number of overall vehicle sales with a special emphasis on Bronco Sport sales. The problem is dealers with more sales will also generally have more orders. Your current dealer may have... say... an allocation of 20 Bronco units with 100 orders. You could switch to a dealer with an allocation of 400 Bronco units, but they may have 2000 orders for Broncos. So did switching dealers help your place in line? Maybe, maybe not. Hard to say.

So... what you need to find is the unicorn dealer that has a ton of overall vehicle sales—especially Bronco Sport sales, but a low overall number of Bronco orders. Good luck. (y)
I'm a little confused on your statement about the emphisis on Bronco Sport. IIRC, the percentages were 50% previous 3 years Ford sales, 25% 2021 Bronco allocations and 25% Bronco Sport sales. While this formula is total BS, not sure I'm seeing an emphasis.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 12, 2021

I'm a little confused on your statement about the emphisis on Bronco Sport. IIRC, the percentages were 50% previous 3 years Ford sales, 25% 2021 Bronco allocations and 25% Bronco Sport sales. While this formula is total BS, not sure I'm seeing an emphasis.
Yup you are correct on the formula.

Ford sells a dozen or so different vehicles, yet the sales formula puts emphasis on the Bronco Sport sales specifically. Essentially the formula makes it so sales of the Bronco Sport count more towards your Bronco allocation than sales of other vehicles.

So let’s say there was two dealers that both sold 10000 vehicles total the last three years. If one dealer sold 50 Bronco Sports and the other dealer sold 175 Bronco Sports, the dealer that sold 175 would get a higher Bronco allocation.

You also said the formula takes into account the 2021 Bronco allocation. This is also true, but you as a customer looking to get a Bronco don’t want a dealer with high 2021 allocation, because the 2021 allocation formula heavily takes into account the amount of Bronco reservations converted to orders. Which means the dealer has a ton of Bronco orders and any allocation they do get may go to other Bronco buyers.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
rwb

Rank IV

Oct 12, 2021

Who's to say a big dealer wont 99 all their orders and rake in stock they can sell with $10k ADM all year? Or worse yet, if you have a good time stamp and they like your build they can simply auction it off to the highest bidder, along with 40% of their orders without penalty. Honestly your reservation means absolutely nothing anymore, unless you find a dealer you can 100% trust and are willing to wait a few years. Otherwise your best bet is to actually forget the reservation and find dealer stock close to your build somewhere. As someone else put it, the truth came out and the reservation system was a marketing email list for Ford, it had nothing to do with getting a bronco.
2DR CO FE
rwb

Rank 0

Oct 12, 2021

Moved from Pittsburgh to Rehoboth Beach, DE. The opposite of you I want from a large dealership to a smaller one. Coordinate directly with Ford. Your place in line remains static even if u change states
rwb