Place two orders?

Macross
Feb 07, 2022

Rank V

Feb 07, 2022

My current order is with a dealership I am not entirely confident in. They are the lowest markup within an hour of my home (+1k), but they took forever to actually place my order and communication has been painful.
I've been thinking about putting a second order in with a more reputable dealership that is about 2 hours away, but I don't want to cancel my current order and lose whatever progress I have made in the seemingly infinite line to get one.. All of that being said I am thinking about contacting this other dealership and placing a backup order with them. Maybe somehow it gets filled with them first, or maybe this other dealer really is bad and tries to screw me over so I at least have a running second order to fall back on.

Has anyone tried this or know of any potential issues it could create?
Bronco ordered: 4-door, Black Diamond, 2.7, MID, MIC w/rack, Eruption Green Metallic
ETA 7-14 days!
TreBronco
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 07, 2022

Rank VI

Feb 07, 2022

Can you transfer your current order to the other dealer?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Dan66

Knows the cheat code.

Feb 07, 2022

Can you transfer your current order to the other dealer?
You can move a reservation, but not once the order is placed.
Follow me on instagram. lol.

Rank V

Feb 07, 2022

You can move a reservation, but not once the order is placed.
Yeah, it is an order at this point.
Bronco ordered: 4-door, Black Diamond, 2.7, MID, MIC w/rack, Eruption Green Metallic
ETA 7-14 days!

Rank IV

Feb 07, 2022

My dealership required a non-refundable 1,000$ on top of the initial 100$ reservation, so for me, I am just waiting it out rather than spend another 1,100$ for a second order. I do know someone who placed an order with the dealership and placed an order themself online for the exact same build and they just received their online self-order build but their delivery date for the dealership build is in May.

Rank V

Feb 07, 2022

My dealership required a non-refundable 1,000$ on top of the initial 100$ reservation, so for me, I am just waiting it out rather than spend another 1,100$ for a second order. I do know someone who placed an order with the dealership and placed an order themself online for the exact same build and they just received their online self-order build but their delivery date for the dealership build is in May.
The odd thing is they told me I'd need to put down $1,000 (refundable) but never have taken it from me.
ETA 7-14 days!

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 07, 2022

I have three orders at three different dealers.

• Order #1 is below invoice with a dealer that has hundreds of orders but got screwed on allocations. That one will be lucky to get pulled before 2024.
  • Order #2 at invoice. Dealer talked a good game but now isn't very transparent with current orders or allocations. So I have no idea where I stand.
  • Order #3 at MSRP. Dealer said they have around 70 orders and allegedly plenty of remaining allocations. We shall see.
I can't see having more than one order being an issue. I mean how does Ford know you don't plan on buying more than one?? And I would not tell your first dealer about your intention of placing another order. Let it ride and see what happens.

Rank 0

Apr 21, 2022

And We all Wait Longer as a bunch Of abandon orders get built !!
AcesandEights

Rank VI

Apr 21, 2022

Doesn't really matter if the person ahead of you is happy, right?
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
Dan66

Rank 0

Apr 21, 2022

Doesn't really matter if the person ahead of you is happy, right?
For Sure No One Here seems bothered Waiting another 16 MONTHS Because of these guys

Rank VI

Apr 21, 2022

My current order is with a dealership I am not entirely confident in. They are the lowest markup within an hour of my home (+1k), but they took forever to actually place my order and communication has been painful.
I've been thinking about putting a second order in with a more reputable dealership that is about 2 hours away, but I don't want to cancel my current order and lose whatever progress I have made in the seemingly infinite line to get one.. All of that being said I am thinking about contacting this other dealership and placing a backup order with them. Maybe somehow it gets filled with them first, or maybe this other dealer really is bad and tries to screw me over so I at least have a running second order to fall back on.

Has anyone tried this or know of any potential issues it could create?

Okay so a few things to address...

1.) Order banks closed on March 7th 2022, you can no longer place a new order for a 2022 - you would have to wait for the 2023 order banks to open later this year in summer.

2.) I have three orders, yes, three. 1 Base 4 door, 1 Base 2 Door, 1 Big Bend 4 Door with MIC, Tow, Manual and LED. You can certainly place more orders theres no issue. One of mine is built today, the Big Bend is scheduling now and im waiting on the base 2 door.

Unfortunately you are stuck with this dealer if you want your 2022, you could take it, and reorder for 2023 and trade it toward that.
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19

Rank 0

Apr 21, 2022

1.) Order banks closed on March 7th 2022, you can no longer place a new order for a 2022 - you would have to wait for the 2023 order banks to open later this year in summer.

2.) I have three orders, yes, three. 1 Base 4 door, 1 Base 2 Door, 1 Big Bend 4 Door with MIC, Tow, Manual and LED. You can certainly place more orders theres no issue. One of mine is built today, the Big Bend is scheduling now and im waiting on the base 2 door.

Unfortunately you are stuck with this dealer if you want your 2022, you could take it, and reorder for 2023 and trade it toward that.
and we wonder why it takes so long to get our bronco 3 orders ??
thgdfathr

Rank VI

Apr 21, 2022

and we wonder why it takes so long to get our bronco 3 orders ??

Ordered one for me, one for family and business use, and one for the business strictly. They will be used for product development, testing, content and more. Not to mention being rented so others can experience Bronco.

My 2 extra orders, placed on the last day (3/7) are not what’s slowing down thousands of orders placed before.
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19
2021Outer Banks Sp

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 21, 2022

For Sure No One Here seems bothered Waiting another 16 MONTHS Because of these guys

Other peoples orders really don't have any effect on your order. Your particular dealers allocations and any constraints your order has are the biggest deciding factors on if your order gets selected. This is not a wait in line for the next opening situation. If that was the case early reservation holders would already have theirs.

Rank 0

Apr 21, 2022

if your Purchasing all three thats fine This is about placing several orders to get one and abandon the rest ! if we all do that it will cause orders to lag badly is all I am Say'n

Rank 0

Apr 21, 2022

Other peoples orders really don't have any effect on your order. Your particular dealers allocations and any constraints your order has are the biggest deciding factors on if your order gets selected. This is not a wait in line for the next opening situation. If that was the case early reservation holders would already have theirs.
Of coarse they do ? they only produce so many right ! everyone on that line Count and Hold up others
AcesandEights

Standing Grumpy Face

Apr 22, 2022

Of coarse they do ? they only produce so many right ! everyone on that line Count and Hold up others

So you are going to blame another buyer because your order hasn't been pulled yet. If you are waiting a really long time that other order has nothing to do with why yours hasn't been pulled yet. There are obviously other circumstances that have held yours up.

I'm not going to apologize for having three orders. I stated the reason why I made two and three. I fully intend to buy my one that just went into production. And I will drive it until my first order finally gets pulled in a few years.

Rank 0

Apr 22, 2022

No man no I am saying people that place multiple orders but only buy one but order 5 that’s as simple as I can make it

Black Velvet

Apr 22, 2022

And We all Wait Longer as a bunch Of abandon orders get built !!
That makes you funny o_O
No man no I am saying people that place multiple orders but only buy one but order 5 that’s as simple as I can make it

Black Velvet

Apr 22, 2022

That makes you funny o_O
Just so wrong