Pay dealer '22 MSRP... Then Ford offers rebate for '21 reservation holders..?

PVB-90
Oct 14, 2021

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

Again, had the pleasure the of going to my dealer today to convert my 21 Bronco to a 22 Bronco. Intention was to sign a buy order/purchase agreement to lock in price and avoid the risk of the dealer adding fees upon delivery, and to lock in my '21 MSRP as a 2020 reservation holder...

Was told that I would pay the dealer 2022 MSRP in full... and then Ford would offer a rebate for the difference in price between '21 and '22... however they (Ford dealership) could not confirm...

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Would you be comfortable signing a purchase agreement for a 22 MSRP, knowing (?) Ford will offer a rebate at a future time?
Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2021

Rank III

Oct 14, 2021

It is true. Ford listed what the rebates are based on your original reservation so not all are the same.
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

This is actually well addressed in the BN livestream today. @BigHoof is correct
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
Hobgoblin, KennyMac

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 14, 2021

It is true. Ford listed what the rebates are based on your original reservation so not all are the same.
Just to clear this up a bit for anyone who strolls across this thread later…
  • Your original order had to be placed on or before March 19th to be eligible for the price protection certificate.
  • Your rebate amount is based on the trim you had on order as of October 1st. Which may or may not necessarily be the trim you selected on your original reservation.
As @tlowell01 mentioned, the live stream yesterday did a pretty good job explaining all of this. Recommend folks watch it if they’re confused.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
Deano Bronc, Hobgoblin
Moderator Staff member

Administrator

Oct 14, 2021

And for some peace of mind, from the Ford FAQs (emphasis mine):
How does the price protection program work?

Customers who qualify for the price protection program will be provided with a certificate for redemption when taking delivery and purchasing their Bronco 2-door or 4-door model. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with their selected dealer. NOTE: Customers are able to apply their certificate to different series for 22MY, however, their certificate amount will reflect the series on order as of Oct 1, 2021.
2021 Oxford White 2-door non-Sas Mid package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
2021 Carbonized Gray 2-door Sas High package 2.7L/10-speed Badlands with MIC top
Keeping the Jeeps: stock '89 XJ and 3.5" lifted '00 XJ on 31s
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Oct 14, 2021

I wouldn't trust that as far as I could throw Jim Farley. With how many lies and miscommunications there have been over the past year and a half - If you believe or trust that they're going to issue you a refund, you might as well kiss that money good bye - and if it shows up, take that as a gift/surprise... but there's no WAY I'd be counting on getting it. They have been nothing but deceitful and dishonest with us about nearly everything.. why would they start telling the truth now?
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks
Gimesnow, Rydfree

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Oct 14, 2021

I wouldn't trust that as far as I could throw Jim Farley. With how many lies and miscommunications there have been over the past year and a half - If you believe or trust that they're going to issue you a refund, you might as well kiss that money good bye - and if it shows up, take that as a gift/surprise... but there's no WAY I'd be counting on getting it. They have been nothing but deceitful and dishonest with us about nearly everything.. why would they start telling the truth now?

There's no way I would be buying a Ford product or be on a Ford forum if I felt that way about them . Are you still planning on rewarding that perceived treatment from Ford by still giving them your money ?
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
TK1215, Deano Bronc

Official unofficial BN Photographer

Oct 14, 2021

There's no way I would be buying a Ford product or be on a Ford forum if I felt that way about them . Are you still planning on rewarding that perceived treatment from Ford by still giving them your money ?

Not sure how long you've been following the saga of the Bronco debacle, but there have been numerous lies and deceptions since this started in July 2020. With the recent Allocation topic being the most recent, which will be pushing some orders for some dealers/buyers to 2023 ... I did end up calling it quits back in December, and bought my first Chevrolet (the Bronco would be my 9th Ford)... I had a change of heart in February and confirmed my order for my Bronco, and have been waiting (like 95% of us) for my order to be built, but now - this total screw up by those morons in Blue, really has me wondering. I need to find out from my dealer how or if they are impacted by the allocation issue before I make my decision on whether to cancel my order or continue with this exercise in futility.
Reservation: 7/20/20 | MY '21 order: 2/1/21 | MY '22 order: 10/22/21 | Blend 8/5, built 8/8, 'built' status 8/27, in my driveway 10/12/22
Auto Photographer in Sacramento CA:
www.instagram.com/photographybymarkbrooks

Rank VI

Oct 14, 2021

When I went yesterday to my Ford Dealership the only price increase between my 2021 and 2022 build and price sheet was the addition $695 in the cost of the hardtop. The Wildtrak was MIC Standard in 2021 it is now Soft top Standard. Everything else was a side by side match.

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

Been following all of the pricing change posts on the forum. I will be ordering my Badlands 2 dr hopefully today. When I priced it out on the website, my 2022 identical build was actually less expensive as a 2022. Am I missing something.
Badlands 2 Dr
2.3 with the 7 speed MT
Leather Vinyl Seating
Lux package

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

Been following all of the pricing change posts on the forum. I will be ordering my Badlands 2 dr hopefully today. When I priced it out on the website, my 2022 identical build was actually less expensive as a 2022. Am I missing something.
Badlands 2 Dr
2.3 with the 7 speed MT
Leather Vinyl Seating
Lux package
Check your bumper option, the HD modular was standard last year *on a Badlands
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
RagnarKon

Burrito Connoisseur

Oct 16, 2021

Badlands 2 Dr
2.3 with the 7 speed MT
Leather Vinyl Seating
Lux package
@KennyMac nailed it. In 2021 the HD modular bumper was standard. In 2022 it is a $525 option.

Once you add on the HD modular bumper, you should see a $250 price increase. Or if you don't want the bumper... congrats, your build is now cheaper.
2022 4dr Badlands, 2.3L Manual, Mid pkg
YouTube: youtube.com/@ragnarkon
KennyMac, Rydfree

Rank VI

Oct 16, 2021

@KennyMac nailed it. In 2021 the HD modular bumper was standard. In 2022 it is a $525 option.

Once you add on the HD modular bumper, you should see a $250 price increase. Or if you don't want the bumper... congrats, your build is now cheaper.
Thanks for the reply, I knew I had to be missing something.

Don't Follow Me ,I'm about to do something Stupid

Oct 16, 2021

Or if you don't want the bumper... congrats, your build is now cheaper.
Plus you still get the certificate / rebate from Ford for the price protection :)
2Dr Badlands - MIC - Area51 - 2.7 Auto - MGV - Headliner - High Pkg
Reserved 7/20/20 Delivered 5/6/23
"Ford said, hey we're gonna fulfill all reservations and pre-orders before we build stock units."
TK1215, Laura
OBXBroncoGuy

Oct 16, 2021

And for some peace of mind, from the Ford FAQs (emphasis mine):
How does the price protection program work?

Customers who qualify for the price protection program will be provided with a certificate for redemption when taking delivery and purchasing their Bronco 2-door or 4-door model. As a reminder, the final selling price is based on the buyer’s agreement with their selected dealer. NOTE: Customers are able to apply their certificate to different series for 22MY, however, their certificate amount will reflect the series on order as of Oct 1, 2021.

When? Cause mine was suppose to have been built, now Nov week of 22. Do they send it out when its being shipped? Guessing its an email? Maybe the original email? Don’t think it matters to me since I believe I’m locked in at my dealership.

Rank V

Oct 16, 2021

confirmed my 22 from 21 due to color. new ppw has increase of model year upcharge only. was informed (by salesguy) that all applicable rebates would apply. guess the key word here is appliacable.
now my orig res. 5/21 order confirm 7/21. so does the rebate apply here and what about customer satisfaction rebate, should that not apply, since i cannot get what i originally order that ford confirmed ?.

Rank V

Oct 17, 2021

confirmed my 22 from 21 due to color. new ppw has increase of model year upcharge only. was informed (by salesguy) that all applicable rebates would apply. guess the key word here is appliacable.
now my orig res. 5/21 order confirm 7/21. so does the rebate apply here and what about customer satisfaction rebate, should that not apply, since i cannot get what i originally order that ford confirmed ?.
No, you only qualify for the price protection rebate if you placed your order before 3/19/21
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
Deano Bronc

Life is a Highway

Oct 17, 2021

Again, had the pleasure the of going to my dealer today to convert my 21 Bronco to a 22 Bronco. Intention was to sign a buy order/purchase agreement to lock in price and avoid the risk of the dealer adding fees upon delivery, and to lock in my '21 MSRP as a 2020 reservation holder...

Was told that I would pay the dealer 2022 MSRP in full... and then Ford would offer a rebate for the difference in price between '21 and '22... however they (Ford dealership) could not confirm...

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Would you be comfortable signing a purchase agreement for a 22 MSRP, knowing (?) Ford will offer a rebate at a future time?
My dealer said rebate is done at the time of pick up. Mine is exactly the same after rebate
Deano Bronc, KennyMac

Life is a Highway

Oct 17, 2021

Wow

Life is a Highway

Oct 17, 2021

Check your bumper option, the HD modular was standard last year *on a Badlands
You are correct