Patience

ZeeMan
May 07, 2022

Rank III

May 07, 2022

I used to believe that patience was a virtue, Ford is slowly changing my mind.
UtahGreg, HerBronco
Last edited by a moderator: May 07, 2022

Rank III

May 07, 2022

I have a family member who works at MAP. Trust me: Management wants them back on 5-10’s + Saturdays and Sundays. They just don’t have the parts right now. They can barely make it to 40 hours / week.
bek, Darrel

Libations MOD

May 07, 2022

I have a family member who works at MAP. Trust me: Management wants them back on 5-10’s + Saturdays and Sundays. They just don’t have the parts right now. They can barely make it to 40 hours / week.
SO we should be looking at more bumps coming soon then i see ugh
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending

Rank III

May 07, 2022

there is an old "jokes for the john" with vultures similar to this shirt ......

https://usateelowprice.com/product/patience-my-ass-im-gonna-kill-something-art-shirt/
Darrel, Deano Bronc

Mud,Sweat and Gears

May 07, 2022

LR48, TK1215

Rank V

May 07, 2022

Frustrating for sure. I am happy when anyone gets theirs but don't understand why some of us have ordered over a year ago and still waiting and others have ordered 3 months ago and are good to go with vin.
the poacher, cdrdan71

Rank 0

May 08, 2022

Frustrating for sure. I am happy when anyone gets theirs but don't understand why some of us have ordered over a year ago and still waiting and others have ordered 3 months ago and are good to go with vin.
This exactly!!!! Dont deliver new order until you have all other orders met, or better yet reach out to people and say, if you remove X we can build your car in the next build, let people choose...
Res 8/20/21, order 10/16/21, No build info yet. Outerbanks, non Sas, Lux, 4A, Leather, Modular bumper, Soft top.
the poacher, Chinook

OBIE

May 08, 2022

U are correct. (I know the Launch Manager there...)
Arrowbear Rider, Big Papa

Rank VI

May 08, 2022

It’s really simple Ford has their head up their ass and all you will hear from them are excuses, just like a dealership.
Chinook

Rank V

May 08, 2022

If I didn’t see so many dealer builds filled I would have no problem waiting my turn. However, I am now at 95% I will be putting my dream build Badlands up for sale when/if they ever complete it from Ice Mountain. I do not believe I will be able to get over my hatred that has built up during this process. I am 100% I will never buy another Ford or Lincoln in my lifetime and will tell anyone willing to listen to do the same. This has been a slap in the face to any customer on Ice Mountain and many others. But I will buy it when it comes (I know someone else will if I don’t) and make my profits and move on. Everything happens for a reason and I’m sure on the other side of this something positive will happen.
MY22 Badlands, Eruption Green, Sasquatch, 2.7, Lux. Res. Date 5/27/21, Ordered 10/15/21, On Ice Mountain…
the poacher, Bronco 202?

Rank II

May 08, 2022

If I didn’t see so many dealer builds filled I would have no problem waiting my turn. However, I am now at 95% I will be putting my dream build Badlands up for sale when/if they ever complete it from Ice Mountain. I do not believe I will be able to get over my hatred that has built up during this process. I am 100% I will never buy another Ford or Lincoln in my lifetime and will tell anyone willing to listen to do the same. This has been a slap in the face to any customer on Ice Mountain and many others. But I will buy it when it comes (I know someone else will if I don’t) and make my profits and move on. Everything happens for a reason and I’m sure on the other side of this something positive will happen.

I’m not saying it’s 100% the case, but I know outside of the demos that the dealership has all of the broncos they have sold have been orders that customers backed out on. So what I think is aggravating is there is no cancel process for people that have already purchased a bronco or decided not to buy so that the ones really wanting theirs can get them.
Bronco 202?, Arrowbear Rider

May 08, 2022

I’m not saying it’s 100% the case, but I know outside of the demos that the dealership has all of the broncos they have sold have been orders that customers backed out on. So what I think is aggravating is there is no cancel process for people that have already purchased a bronco or decided not to buy so that the ones really wanting theirs can get them.
The real issue is the shady ADM fees these dealers are adding. I’d be fine with customers backing out and the dealerships selling the broncos at (or even close to) MSRP. That way people that didn’t want to wait could try and buy one at a reasonably affordable price, but $10,000-20,000 over MSRP…that’s the slap in the face. I hope @Ford Motor Company takes notice of those dealerships and holds them accountable at some point. They are obviously doing it to make the most money they can off the small percentage of Americans willing and able to spend that extra cash, while Ford’s truly loyal fan base has been slapped in the face.
2022 Big Bend, 4 door, Cactus Grey, on 285/70/17 KO2s
Bronco 202?, FISH HUNTER

Rank III

May 08, 2022

The real issue is the shady ADM fees these dealers are adding. I’d be fine with customers backing out and the dealerships selling the broncos at (or even close to) MSRP. That way people that didn’t want to wait could try and buy one at a reasonably affordable price, but $10,000-20,000 over MSRP…that’s the slap in the face. I hope @Ford Motor Company takes notice of those dealerships and holds them accountable at some point. They are obviously doing it to make the most money they can off the small percentage of Americans willing and able to spend that extra cash, while Ford’s truly loyal fan base has been slapped in the face.
I’m just curious: You don’t believe in a free market? If so, that’s cool. Nonetheless. I’d simply hope that you apply that same philosophy to ALL businesses, meaning you don’t want ANY business to charge an amount you believe is exorbitant, “too much”, or unfair.

These dealers are charging an amount people are apparently willing to pay. And if people stop paying, the dealers will adjust their pricing. Plus, free market pricing is the American Way.
Arrowbear Rider, LR48

May 08, 2022

I’m just curious: You don’t believe in a free market? If so, that’s cool. Nonetheless. I’d simply hope that you apply that same philosophy to ALL businesses, meaning you don’t want ANY business to charge an amount you believe is exorbitant, “too much”, or unfair.

These dealers are charging an amount people are apparently willing to pay. And if people stop paying, the dealers will adjust their pricing. Plus, free market pricing is the American Way.
I think your interpretation of free market is a bit off. Simple definition of free market:

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by buyers and sellers negotiating in an open market without market coercions. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority other than those interventions which are made to prohibit market coercions. Examples of such prohibited market coercions include: economic privilege, monopolies, and artificial scarcities.[1]

So, that being said, if only wealthy can afford the $10-20k ADMs, then that would be “economic privilege,” since most middle class people would not be able to avoid a $70k vehicle.

Next: monopolies. There is only one company making the bronco. I’m fact, there are only a few American car manufacturers in general, so I would argue that by giving us limited options, those manufacturers would theoretically qualify as a monopoly. I have no choice but to go to Ford for a Bronco, they own that vehicle and I can get it else where. By adding a large ADM, they are reinforcing their monopoly over a popular vehicle.

Next would be the argument of “artificial scarcities.” I think most would argue that a government mandated shutdown that led to an abundance of scarcities would be considered artificial.

I think you are referencing late stage capitalism. I do apply the principal to all companies. If they all stated charging exorbitant amounts, I would stop buying, along with many others. Your point is that it’s a free market to businesses to charge what they want…that’s not free market unless all of the buyers agree to the value of said product. I’d venture a guess if we took a poll, the majority of people on this site would vote that a bronco is not worth $10-20K over MSRP, so yeah…not free market principals.
Big Papa

Rank III

May 08, 2022

I think your interpretation of free market is a bit off. Simple definition of free market:

In economics, a free market is a system in which the prices for goods and services are self-regulated by buyers and sellers negotiating in an open market without market coercions. In a free market, the laws and forces of supply and demand are free from any intervention by a government or other authority other than those interventions which are made to prohibit market coercions. Examples of such prohibited market coercions include: economic privilege, monopolies, and artificial scarcities.[1]

So, that being said, if only wealthy can afford the $10-20k ADMs, then that would be “economic privilege,” since most middle class people would not be able to avoid a $70k vehicle.

Next: monopolies. There is only one company making the bronco. I’m fact, there are only a few American car manufacturers in general, so I would argue that by giving us limited options, those manufacturers would theoretically qualify as a monopoly. I have no choice but to go to Ford for a Bronco, they own that vehicle and I can get it else where. By adding a large ADM, they are reinforcing their monopoly over a popular vehicle.

Next would be the argument of “artificial scarcities.” I think most would argue that a government mandated shutdown that led to an abundance of scarcities would be considered artificial.

I think you are referencing late stage capitalism. I do apply the principal to all companies. If they all stated charging exorbitant amounts, I would stop buying, along with many others. Your point is that it’s a free market to businesses to charge what they want…that’s not free market unless all of the buyers agree to the value of said product. I’d venture a guess if we took a poll, the majority of people on this site would vote that a bronco is not worth $10-20K over MSRP, so yeah…not free market principals.
So much wrong with everything you said. Starting at the end: The buyers ARE agreeing to the value of said product; hence, they’re currently paying more for it. If they stop, prices will adjust.

I like how you basically insinuate Ford is a monopoly. Why? Because they finally built a product everyone has to have—AND they’re the only ones building it! That’s your reasonable, rational theory. Penalize them for it.

A free market includes EVERYONE—those economically-privileged, and those who aren’t. And guess what, Chief? If you’re not economically-privileged, then MAYBE you will not be able to participate in this market at this time, but nobody is excluding you. And I’d say, if you’re trying to participate anyhow, your priorities are out-of-order.
Arrowbear Rider, MnLakeBum

May 09, 2022

So much wrong with everything you said. Starting at the end: The buyers ARE agreeing to the value of said product; hence, they’re currently paying more for it. If they stop, prices will adjust.

I like how you basically insinuate Ford is a monopoly. Why? Because they finally built a product everyone has to have—AND they’re the only ones building it! That’s your reasonable, rational theory. Penalize them for it.

A free market includes EVERYONE—those economically-privileged, and those who aren’t. And guess what, Chief? If you’re not economically-privileged, then MAYBE you will not be able to participate in this market at this time, but nobody is excluding you. And I’d say, if you’re trying to participate anyhow, your priorities are out-of-order.
You have family that works for ford? Makes sense now…

you know what, you’re absolutely right. Have a great day
Bronco 202?, Bronco V-8

May 09, 2022

Here ya go, chief.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/oligopoly.asp
the poacher

Rank III

May 09, 2022

So if Ford built milk-toast, boring products like it did for years, I could see you complaining about that, and rightfully so…

On the flip side, when they come up with a real hit, but things aren’t quite going YOUR way, you criticize them for that, too.

The moral: Ford can’t win with someone like you.
Arrowbear Rider

May 09, 2022

So if Ford built milk-toast, boring products like it did for years, I could see you complaining about that, and rightfully so…

On the flip side, when they come up with a real hit, but things aren’t quite going YOUR way, you criticize them for that, too.

The moral: Ford can’t win with someone like you.

I criticized the dealerships charging absurd ADMs, not Ford. In fact, if you had read my post, you would have seen I said that I hoped Ford takes notice, because it gives them a bad name. Given your defensive nature on this topic, I’m assuming you work for a dealership or are close with people that do, so I did not mean to offend you or those people, but I stand my ground on calling these ADMs shady and a problem. If you believed in a free market like you so claimed, then me or anyone else complaining about how they have handled this shouldn’t bother you, because that would actually be a structure of a free market.

I’m sorry if you don’t understand what a free market is, but I would suggest doing some research on topics you decide to argue over, because it isn’t a great look. I’m more than willing to listen to an actual counterpoint, but if all you have are insults, then I know all I need to about you and I’ll be done with you.
Bronco 202?, Bronco V-8

Rank III

May 09, 2022

I criticized the dealerships charging absurd ADMs, not Ford. In fact, if you had read my post, you would have seen I said that I hoped Ford takes notice, because it gives them a bad name. Given your defensive nature on this topic, I’m assuming you work for a dealership or are close with people that do, so I did not mean to offend you or those people, but I stand my ground on calling these ADMs shady and a problem. If you believed in a free market like you so claimed, then me or anyone else complaining about how they have handled this shouldn’t bother you, because that would actually be a structure of a free market.

I’m sorry if you don’t understand what a free market is, but I would suggest doing some research on topics you decide to argue over, because it isn’t a great look. I’m more than willing to listen to an actual counterpoint, but if all you have are insults, then I know all I need to about you and I’ll be done with you.
The dealerships are not violating their franchise agreements by charging more though? Nor are they breaking any laws? So what are you talking about? Now, maybe a McDonald’s franchise agreement mandates standardized pricing for a Big Mac? But that’s the burger business, apparently…. In this business, dealers can charge more, or less, so what are they doing wrong?

I’m sorry you’re butt-hurt and triggered. I didn’t insult you, and the minimal “research” I had to do to counter your argument was more than sufficient enough: The dealers are acting within the boundaries of their franchise agreements and the law. There’s your free market, Chief.
LR48, Arrowbear Rider