Patché the redoux!

LoneRanger
May 02, 2021

RedNexican X Apalacian American: Goofyness!

May 02, 2021

Well it went like this: I sold, then asked for permission/ Is this the right thing to do? Then we went to SuperCel as we have
been doing for years now. We saw Loads of Broncos, old, newer, and so new no one has one yet! Then we bought another project! Everyone meet Patché! This will be the more refined version of Patches! We're very excited to tear into it and have some REALLY cool things planned (that I've never seen done before).

Just a few pics sitting on the trailer and rollin it into the shop.

We've ripped out the radiator, ditched the factory AC, got rid of the rusted hood hinges, and got the door hinges loose (on the driver side).

Good progress for an hour or so.
media.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpg

L.R.
Jakob1972, SlashRacer

May 02, 2021

Out with the old, cut out grind up, carry on!

Pretty common stuff here, stock pass side frame mounts always rust to crap. Drill a few spot welds and bring/cut the junk out of the way. Will make new stuff with sheet metal. Engine trans and tcase came up and out with out too much fuss, will probably reinstall the full driveline the same way. Axle was fun, lots of non cooperative bolts there. But I prevailed!

Will keep plugging along.

L.R.

Attachments

May 02, 2021

Plugging away after patching in a few panels and making some new, got it welded back in place. Body mounts are good to go, new battery support is in, and on to a cowl patch panel.

L.R.media.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpg

May 02, 2021

Well I have way to many photos to stick in here since the last update.
passenger side pan is replaced, along with a few piddly other things. Had a major section to replace along the mid body mounts. That was a pain. Had a buddy come over and tig in a bunch of holes in the hood (another huge PITA) dumb ass fiberglass hood scoop that served ZERO purpose. :rolleyes:
Started patching some rusty junk on the tailgate too, most would have junked it or used it for shop art, but im gonna recycle it. Fair sized order from WIldHorses showed up too. Most for after paint, but there were a few goodies that I needed in those boxes! Im no body guy but new sheet metal all fits horrible. Its an aggravating thing, but out with the old and in with the new. 2623[1].jpg thing to deal with.
2615[1].jpg2598[1].jpg
2518[1].jpg2595[1].jpg2596[1].jpg
2437[1].jpg2448[1].jpg
2422[1].jpg
2404[1].jpg

May 02, 2021

More "stuff" I wanted to show this cowl repair as it was fairly substantial. had to weld a patch for a nut for the lower steering column support. It had rotted completely away! Weve also started going through the stock heater core, disassembly cleaning, paint and reassemble. it will probably be done tomorrow (6/16/21). Also picked up a used Warn 8274 circa 1984 that we have rebuilt and it will go on the front of the new truck. Also some more patching on the tailgate.

2612[1].jpg 2587[1].jpg
2397[1].jpg
2384[1].jpg2393[1].jpg
2305[1].jpg2383[1].jpg 2302[1].jpg2303[1].jpg
.2300[1].jpg

May 02, 2021

Still plugging along, got the BN refresh kit, sure wish I had a BN flag to hang in my shop. Notched the motor crossmember, and will be POR15ing the frame tonight.media.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpgmedia.jpg

May 02, 2021

I almost cant believe how much has been done since the last post. entire drivetrain is complete, motor, transmission, t-case all rebuilt, fuel lines run, 23 gal tank is in and brake lines run. We go to paint in 9 days! Will do my best to update this thread as I am able!

Its now November 29th 2022!

L.R.

May 02, 2021

Reserved 7

May 02, 2021

Reserved 8

May 02, 2021

Reserved 9

May 02, 2021

Reserved 10

Moab or bust!!!

May 03, 2021

Very cool! What made you pull the trigger on this particular Bronco?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

May 07, 2021

Very cool! What made you pull the trigger on this particular Bronco?
It has a Jacksonville JSO code. The prior owner got it out of Tampa. Its NEVER left FLorida. We think thats pretty cool! It is all original, never touched. straight as an arrow, rear seat delete and radio delete. Its going to be a good one!

L.R.
Jakob1972, Deano Bronc

Moab or bust!!!

May 07, 2021

It has a Jacksonville JSO code. The prior owner got it out of Tampa. Its NEVER left FLorida. We think thats pretty cool! It is all original, never touched. straight as an arrow, rear seat delete and radio delete. Its going to be a good one!

L.R.
Very cool! I was wondering if there wasn't a "story" around this purchase. Can't wait to see the journey this takes!
Sorry, what does JSO code mean?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

May 14, 2021

L.R.
Very cool! I was wondering if there wasn't a "story" around this purchase. Can't wait to see the journey this takes!
Sorry, what does JSO code mean?

Dealer code.

L.R.
Deano Bronc