Painted Tops in 2023?

BuckYeah
Jan 22, 2022

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 22, 2022

I've heard that you can order body-colored tops for your Bronco in 2023. Hmm... So I did a couple of (quick) Photoshops. I realized that I like seeing my Bronco covered in Velocity Blue from head to toe!

If my order gets bumped to model year 2023, I might just re-order it this way. :cool:

Exterior-Left-Front-RGB-VB-MIC-Top.jpg

Exterior-Right-Rear-MIC-VB.jpg
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
TurboS-957, Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2022

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 22, 2022

Looks great, I'm still holding out for a white top.
Jakob1972, JIOxfordWhite

Jan 22, 2022

Looks great, I'm still holding out for a white top.

For sure. That would contrast nicely and be a nod to the vintage Broncs!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Bronco V-8, MarSkaggs

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 22, 2022

I've heard that you can order body-colored tops for your Bronco in 2023. Hmm... So I did a couple of (quick) Photoshops. I realized that I like seeing my Bronco covered in Velocity Blue from head to toe!

If my order gets bumped to model year 2023, I might just re-order it this way. :cool:

View attachment 26715

View attachment 26716
That does look great, however I would not mess with the fender flares, not sure how the Outer Banks would look with Handles and fender flares all the same color. (Nope) I like it exactly how it is sitting now.. :p
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
Deano Bronc, BuckYeah

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 22, 2022

That does look great, however I would not mess with the fender flares, not sure how the Outer Banks would look with Handles and fender flares all the same color. (Nope) I like it exactly how it is sitting now.. :p
Ooooppppssss!
Missed the mirror also on the Outer Banks being all the same color...
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
BuckYeah

Jan 22, 2022

My only concern would be having to handle the removable components more carefully; I wouldn't want to scrape them up during removal and reinstallation. :oops:
Deano Bronc, BroncOitis

Rank II

Jan 22, 2022

Your photoshop looks great and is a perfect balance of black accents and blue. Like! Any chance you can do one in oxford white?
Reserved on 7/24/20; waited 905 days.
Wildtrak, 4 dr, 2.7L, HOSS, Fox shocks, LUX, SAS, removed > Tow Package, MIC, Oxford White. Amazing experience at Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin, TX '23
BuckYeah, Bronco 202?

Rank VI

Jan 22, 2022

there has been 0 information on the modular hardtop since january of last year. Based on fords problems with the MIC top we have no clue if its still in existence

in which this was postedmodular top.jpg

Jan 22, 2022

Your photoshop looks great and is a perfect balance of black accents and blue. Like! Any chance you can do one in oxford white?

Sure! My hourly rate is $65. :LOL:

Seriously, thanks. I'm not thrilled with the hue/saturation. It would have been easier to match the body color if the top in the original image was silver; that way, I could play with the brightness settings to my advantage. I did this just to get a rough idea of what all that paint might look like.

In answer to your question, I could give it a go. I simply downloaded the image from the Ford Build & Price website. BUT, your Bronco needs to be a 2 door with the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, I'd have to create a new path layer and that's too much work. LOL
JIOxfordWhite, Bronco 202?

Jan 22, 2022

there has been 0 information on the modular hardtop since january of last year. Based on fords problems with the MIC top we have no clue if its still in existence

in which this was postedView attachment 26725

I'm basing my original post on what was said by Esteban Plaza-Jennings, the Bronco Brand Manager at Ford Motor Company. He appeared on a recent Bronco Nation interview. He's the guy in charge, so what he says has weight. He said that painted tops would be available in MY 2023. I'm not going to debate whether it's true or not. It's what's been said, so I'm just taking it at face value for now. His remarks were the impetus for my visual renderings.
Deano Bronc

Jan 22, 2022

Quick chops. Apologies if your trim and options do not match. I'm too lazy to reinvent the wheel. LOL

To quote the Ford website, "Digitally generated image shown. Actual vehicle may vary. See your dealer for details." :P

White-Bronco-Front-Left-White.jpg

White-Bronco-Rear-Right.jpg
Deano Bronc, Crawler Green

Rank II

Jan 22, 2022

Quick chops. Apologies if your trim and options do not match. I'm too lazy to reinvent the wheel. LOL

To quote the Ford website, "Digitally generated image shown. Actual vehicle may vary. See your dealer for details." :p

View attachment 26727

View attachment 26728
Oh my goodness! Thank you @BuckYeah !!!! Looks amazing!!! Very retro appeal. I have 4 door Wildtrak on order in white and I am pissed they change the painted door handles to black. With the white on white look the handles in black are the perfect accent and balance. I appreciate you taking time to create this so I could have a visual it helps. As for your payment....your $65 check is in progress of being ordered. Given paper and pen supply chain issues production may be awhile. The check order may have to be converted to a 2023 or 2024 order and delivery date. However, if you update your price to $0 I'm certain delivery can be by tomorrow. :)
Reserved on 7/24/20; waited 905 days.
Wildtrak, 4 dr, 2.7L, HOSS, Fox shocks, LUX, SAS, removed > Tow Package, MIC, Oxford White. Amazing experience at Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin, TX '23
HeyDobby, Deano Bronc

Jan 22, 2022

To quote the Ford website, "Digitally generated image shown. Actual vehicle may vary. See your dealer for details." :p

View attachment 26727

View attachment 26728
Oh my goodness! Thank you @BuckYeah !!!! Looks amazing!!! Very retro appeal. I have 4 door Wildtrak on order in white and I am pissed they change the painted door handles to black. With the white on white look the handles in black are the perfect accent and balance. I appreciate you taking time to create this so I could have a visual it helps. As for your payment....your $65 check is in progress of being ordered. Given paper and pen supply chain issues production may be awhile. The check order may have to be converted to a 2023 or 2024 order and delivery date. However, if you update your price to $0 I'm certain delivery can be by tomorrow. :)

LOL You goofball! I like it. Honestly, I do this sort of thing for fun, so it’s free of charge. Glad you liked them.
JIOxfordWhite

Rank VI

Jan 23, 2022

View attachment 26727

View attachment 26728
I have never been a fan of white vehicles.....

...until now! Nice render.
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22
BuckYeah

Home, home on the range

Jan 23, 2022

It looks good, but I do like the contrast of the white and the darker accents of the top, mirrors, and fenders.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
HeyDobby, BuckYeah

Jan 23, 2022

It looks good, but I do like the contrast of the white and the darker accents of the top, mirrors, and fenders.

I agree for the most part. Contrast is important! Still, there's a lot of flat black and dark glass to counter the amount of paint used on the Bronco. The darker accents actually help balance the brighter colors such as Cyber Orange and Race Red. So, if ordering one of those colors, I would opt for the MIC carbonized gray-like colored top. It would help to visually offset the brightness.

When all is said and done, I'd like to see how all the colors appear on the Bronco, including the top. I guess I'll have to wait until 2023! :geek:
Sdakotabronco

Rank II

Jan 23, 2022

View attachment 26715

View attachment 26716
Looks so good! I’ve been debating on going the aftermarket route and having my EG get painted to color match too. OBX model so I go back and forth
BuckYeah

Rank V

Jan 23, 2022

Sure! My hourly rate is $65. :LOL:

Seriously, thanks. I'm not thrilled with the hue/saturation. It would have been easier to match the body color if the top in the original image was silver; that way, I could play with the brightness settings to my advantage. I did this just to get a rough idea of what all that paint might look like.

In answer to your question, I could give it a go. I simply downloaded the image from the Ford Build & Price website. BUT, your Bronco needs to be a 2 door with the Sasquatch package. Otherwise, I'd have to create a new path layer and that's too much work. LOL

I was gonna comment about the hue/saturation issue. But….

Meanwhile I’m trying to find the 64 count crayon box. “Honey, where’s the cactus grey crayon?”

“What do you mean crayola doesn’t make one in that color? That’s bull shi….
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage
BuckYeah, Crawler Green

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 23, 2022

I have never been a fan of white vehicles.....

...until now! Nice render.
I had a white Pinto wagon, bought it for 800 bucks, put 40k miles on it and only put gas in it.
BuckYeah

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 23, 2022

I was gonna comment about the hue/saturation issue. But….

Meanwhile I’m trying to find the 64 count crayon box. “Honey, where’s the cactus grey crayon?”

“What do you mean crayola doesn’t make one in that color? That’s bull shi….

You got a color printer, find a color thats close and print you own label....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Crayola_crayon_colors
BuckYeah