Off-Roadeo NH - Lodging Options?

BuiltRight
Aug 23, 2021

Rank III

Aug 23, 2021

Hey all!

Making some last minute plans for my Aug. 30 trip and wanted to see if anybody had experience with the lodging options suggested in the email (copied below for reference) or any others? My trip will be a quick in and out, driving from CT, so I don't care much about surrounding amenities, but others might. If there are other suggestions or additional feedback on the options given, I'll gladly update this post as a reference for future NH Off-Rodeo visitors.

I've reached out to the Gunstock Mtn campground and am waiting to hear back regarding options for one or two nights and availability.

- Matt

Steele Hills Resorts
516 Steel Hill Rd Sanborton, NH 03269

The Summit Resort
177 Mentor Ave, Laconia, NH 03246

Center Harbor Inn
294 Whittier Hwy Center Harbor, NH 03226

Hampton Inn & Suites Tilton
195 Laconia Rd Tilton, NH 03276
Deano Bronc
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2021

Rank II

Aug 23, 2021

Hey all!

Making some last minute plans for my Aug. 30 trip and wanted to see if anybody had experience with the lodging options suggested in the email (copied below for reference) or any others? My trip will be a quick in and out, driving from CT, so I don't care much about surrounding amenities, but others might. If there are other suggestions or additional feedback on the options given, I'll gladly update this post as a reference for future NH Off-Rodeo visitors.

I've reached out to the Gunstock Mtn campground and am waiting to hear back regarding options for one or two nights and availability.

- Matt

Steele Hills Resorts

The Summit Resort

Center Harbor Inn

Gunstock has a website to book the campground and they have a couple cabins. I booked through the site for my October Roadeo

Rank III

Aug 23, 2021

Gunstock has a website to book the campground and they have a couple cabins. I booked through the site for my October Roadeo
Thanks, yea, I saw that. Trying to figure out of single-night stays are possible and are just on a first come basis.

Formerly True

Aug 23, 2021

I chose the Hampton. I'm paying about $340 for two for two nights

Rank V

Aug 24, 2021

Tilton and Center Harbor are both a ways from Gunstock…better to look at some of the places in Alton or Laconia. The Fireside Inn, Naswa, or Margate Resorts are all much closer to Base Camp, if they have available rooms for your stay dates. Even the Steele Hill Resort is not right at the mountain. Just a thought…
BuiltRight

Rank II

Aug 31, 2021

Thanks, yea, I saw that. Trying to figure out of single-night stays are possible and are just on a first come basis.
They required a 2 night min when I booked. But, can't beat the price and location. An, it is the closest option to being "In the Wild"

Rank V

Sep 10, 2021

We'll be at Ames Brook Campground in Ashland (about 35 minutes from Gunstock) the night before and after. It looked pretty cool, and we booked it the day we booked off roadeo, to be sure we had a place. We're also dragging our camper 3k miles for it, so were just aiming for a fun looking affordable campground anywhere in the vicinity. Booked the day they announced the new location, didn't even slow down to realize at the time there was an on site campground...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow

Rank V

Sep 28, 2021

I did the NH off roadeo this past weekend. I had a great time. Stayed at the Steele Hill resort. Here is the good, bad, and ugly....

Cost: $400 bucks after taxes and fees and got a $50 resort card to use at the bar or restaurant.
Room: Super, super small room. In fact, you have to turn sideways in some spots to fit between the bed and other stuff. I actually laughed out loud when I opened the door and saw the room.
Location: about 25 minutes from the event. But, easy drive and no big deal. The view was pretty good, especially you get the rooms at the bottom of the hill. They have better views.
Pool: I call the pool out because it's pretty much all there is and it pretty awesome. Huge hot tub that seats around 30 people. There is also a small sauna.
Bar: Very small bar but has great drink offerings. Lots of beach-style drinks because the pool is adjacent to the bar and you can drink in the hot tub. Shout out to Rebecca the bar tender. She's cool.
Overall: It is a super weird vibe. My wife and I laughed many times during the stay at how odd it all seemed. But, to be honest, the really small room, high price, and older facilities and amenities was offset by the fact that it was super laid back and relaxing.

as far as the Off Roadeo goes...incredible. Dan was my driving instructor and he was awesome. Cool guy with tons of knowledge.
Level3Looper, KennyMac

Rank V

Sep 28, 2021

I did the NH off roadeo this past weekend. I had a great time. Stayed at the Steele Hill resort. Here is the good, bad, and ugly....

Cost: $400 bucks after taxes and fees and got a $50 resort card to use at the bar or restaurant.
Room: Super, super small room. In fact, you have to turn sideways in some spots to fit between the bed and other stuff. I actually laughed out loud when I opened the door and saw the room.
Location: about 25 minutes from the event. But, easy drive and no big deal. The view was pretty good, especially you get the rooms at the bottom of the hill. They have better views.
Pool: I call the pool out because it's pretty much all there is and it pretty awesome. Huge hot tub that seats around 30 people. There is also a small sauna.
Bar: Very small bar but has great drink offerings. Lots of beach-style drinks because the pool is adjacent to the bar and you can drink in the hot tub. Shout out to Rebecca the bar tender. She's cool.
Overall: It is a super weird vibe. My wife and I laughed many times during the stay at how odd it all seemed. But, to be honest, the really small room, high price, and older facilities and amenities was offset by the fact that it was super laid back and relaxing.

as far as the Off Roadeo goes...incredible. Dan was my driving instructor and he was awesome. Cool guy with tons of knowledge.
I'm heading up to NH in three weeks for Off-Roadeo. Booked a room at the Steele Hill Resort as well. I'll search out Rebecca the bartender for a cocktail!
FE: 4 Dr, A51, NP
BRaptor: HPR; Original GT Res - 7/14/20
country roads

Rank III

Mar 24, 2022

Bumping this thread ... any good suggestions of locations close to Gunstock? I'm going in Late July.. We were going to book Steele, but with it being 30+ minutes away, we weren't sure... I looked at Naswa, but the prices that weekend were high (~$300/night). May look into camping at Gunstock as well..

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

Bumping this thread ... any good suggestions of locations close to Gunstock? I'm going in Late July.. We were going to book Steele, but with it being 30+ minutes away, we weren't sure... I looked at Naswa, but the prices that weekend were high (~$300/night). May look into camping at Gunstock as well..
Went with Steele, $321 for 2 nights with $50 credit on my bar errrrr food tab. Going 7/13 -7/15...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank III

Mar 24, 2022

Went with Steele, $321 for 2 nights with $50 credit on my bar errrrr food tab. Going 7/13 -7/15...

The more I'm looking at alternatives, the Steele gets more attractive. We'll be there for 3 nights.. I'm not against spending more money as long as there is some value in it. Steele at least seems to have nice pools, good bars, restaurants, etc..

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

The more I'm looking at alternatives, the Steele gets more attractive. We'll be there for 3 nights.. I'm not against spending more money as long as there is some value in it. Steele at least seems to have nice pools, good bars, restaurants, etc..
Guessing they have free continental breakfast, lunch is provided so I'll probably try to find a local mom and pop restaurant for dinner. Don't drink and drive, pretty sure we can drink $50 worth at the bar...
'21 AMB Basesquatch 2 Door. 2.7. 569 days from reservation to delivery

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

Hey all!

- Matt

Steele Hills Resorts

The Summit Resort

Center Harbor Inn

[/QUOT
I stayed at the Inn at Mill Falls, in Meredith, NH. It's 25 minutes away and great. They have rooms from really nice to nice. I've stayed there a number of times over the years and it's always good.

https://www.millfalls.com
2021 Big Bend / 4 Dr / Antimatter Blue / Soft Top / Manual
Reserve Date: 12/20/20 Order Date: 4/6/21 Blend Date: 8/6/21 Production Date (ReRelease): 9/24/21 Delivery date: 10/23/21

Rank II

Apr 06, 2022

I am planning to fly-in from California for NH Off-Roadeo , can anyone suggest a close major airport?

Rank V

Apr 06, 2022

I am planning to fly-in from California for NH Off-Roadeo , can anyone suggest a close major airport?
Logan in Boston is probably the closest major airport.
2021 Big Bend / 4 Dr / Antimatter Blue / Soft Top / Manual
Reserve Date: 12/20/20 Order Date: 4/6/21 Blend Date: 8/6/21 Production Date (ReRelease): 9/24/21 Delivery date: 10/23/21

Rank III

Apr 06, 2022

Manchester/ Boston MHT is the closest if you can get a flight in there 11/2 hours from gunstock

Rank IV

Apr 06, 2022

Manchester/ Boston MHT is the closest if you can get a flight in there 11/2 hours from gunstock
Agreed, I live here too and MHT is much easier if you can get in. It is a smaller airport but the traffic coming out of Boston especially on a Fri afternoon is miserable. So try for MHT! I can't wait, I am signed up for Jun 18th. Hope I get my Bronco before then! LOL!
'22 OBX | 4 Dr | 2.7L | MIC | High Pkg | Shadow Black |Res 2.23.21 | Ord 10.23.21 | 4.5.22 BLEND | Delivered 7.23.22. 🖤

Rank III

Jun 13, 2022

I'll be doing the NH Off-roadeo July 9th. Staying at Gunstock Mountain Resort campground in a cabin with my son and nephew. Excited to get up there and enjoy the weekend.

I just took delivery of the bronco a few weeks ago, but still haven't been reimbursed for the Off-roadeo. When does that usually occur? Do I need to do anything?
mgraced

Rank IV

Jun 13, 2022

I'll be doing the NH Off-roadeo July 9th. Staying at Gunstock Mountain Resort campground in a cabin with my son and nephew. Excited to get up there and enjoy the weekend.

I just took delivery of the bronco a few weeks ago, but still haven't been reimbursed for the Off-roadeo. When does that usually occur? Do I need to do anything?
Pretty sure it will be shortly after you do the Roadeo. Oddly enough, I put a $200 deposit down and I still have not gotten my Bronco but I got refunded the week after I did the Roadeo. Not complaining other than not getting my Bronco yet, but everything Ford is illogical.
'22 OBX | 4 Dr | 2.7L | MIC | High Pkg | Shadow Black |Res 2.23.21 | Ord 10.23.21 | 4.5.22 BLEND | Delivered 7.23.22. 🖤
H47Av8r