OBX Interior Colors/Options

hondo27
Nov 17, 2020

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

If anyone sees good pics of the interior OBX options, can we thread them here? The BN interior materials video had some franken-Bronco combos (the anodized roast paired with both the navy pier & black/leather interiors). The recent press images of the open air camping configuration appear to be an Outer Banks Roast Leather interior: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34661474/ford-bronco-tailgate-camping-overlanding/

Selfishly, I'm most curious how an anodized roast dash is going to look/age...
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2020

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

I would like to see some decent, well lit, not over-exposed pictures of all the interiors. I'd like to see the Navy Pier as well. How blue looking is the armrest in person. The Black Diamond MGV looks all black in the build and price but looks black and grey in photos someone took and posted. I'm still stuck deciding between BD MGV or OBX Navy Pier. The blue stitching with roast is too much of a clash with itself unless the blue is more toned down than it looks in the build and price.
hondo27, John B+9

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

Agreed, the accent colors are a cool concept but only valuable in real life if they match/compliment your exterior color choice.

Same opinion of the interior color options which seem to straddle the fence by picking a balanced combo of TWO colors (grey/blue and black/brown) for each interior instead of settling on one or at least making one the primary and only complimenting with a secondary. Even more puzzling is anodizing the dash options in this trim level which I'm nervous about regardless of the color. More pics would definitely help across the board.

I can't help but wonder if these pics were the original OBX leather interior given all the "horizontal ribbing" references to the OBX cloth trim descriptions given in the materials video. I'd sign up for this combo in a heartbeat and the final options feel like a pretty big miss (at least based on the B&P renderings). Hope to see more real world pics soon.

Attachments

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

It occurred to me that I have a few pictures of the Roast OBX interior from earlier this summer. The employee preview was held a few months before the build and price came out. This was shortly after the TV reveal but a long time before the build and price came out. I haven't looked back through my pictures from that day in months. I didn't notice the blue accents that day when looking at the OBX. They didn't stick out to me. They don't bother me when looking at the photos. They stick out like a sore thumb to me in the build and price, especially in the 360 view when panning around. I'd really love to see a full Navy Pier interior in person or good photos as opposed to the computer generated B&P view.

Attachments

Reldn, David

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

These are awesome, thank you! I really hope the dash looks like this and not like it shows in the builder. I want to love the black/brown but the B&P preview is really killing me. If this is what it ends up looking like, I'd feel better about pairing it with my ideal exterior color (A51).

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

Your pictures inspired me to dig for other images of the concept vehicle. This was posted on the Bronco6g forums yesterday; looks like we weren't the only ones curious about this! Reading through that thread, people are also looking for clarification on if the dashes will be smooth or textured; there was a comment that also pointed out the materials video previewing a smooth surface (vs the textured dashes in your pictures and these videos).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tour-of-the-bronco-outer-banks-fishing-guide-concept.8935/
OurBroncoLife

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

I'm with you on that. I wrote the Black Brown OBX off after looking at it in the B&P. I hate the blue accents and think the dash top orange/brown looks a bit obnoxious. Looking at my pictures from seeing it in person before I knew what it was I think it looks quite good. I remember it looking good that day. I'm going Area51 for exterior color also no matter what else I do.
hondo27

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

Your pictures inspired me to dig for other images of the concept vehicle. This was posted on the Bronco6g forums yesterday; looks like we weren't the only ones curious about this! Reading through that thread, people are also looking for clarification on if the dashes will be smooth or textured; there was a comment that also pointed out the materials video previewing a smooth surface (vs the textured dashes in your pictures and these videos).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/tour-of-the-bronco-outer-banks-fishing-guide-concept.8935/

I don't know if it will be smooth or grained. What I know about prototype vehicles, which these all are, is that frequently interior parts don't have surface graining yet that will later on. There is no way to know until they specifically answer that question or show an image that is true production parts. The dash top is almost never smooth glass plastic. It almost always has some texture to it on every vehicle out there.
David

Rank VI

Nov 17, 2020

What I know about prototype vehicles, which these all are, is that frequently interior parts don't have surface graining yet that will later on.
This is what we've seen as well. Most of the pre-production units have some elements that aren't 100% reflective of production which is why we normally include pre-production disclaimers.
Bronco Nation Member #144
David in the Bronco Nation Forums
BroncoTroubadour on Instagram

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

This is what we've seen as well. Most of the pre-production units have some elements that aren't 100% reflective of production which is why we normally include pre-production disclaimers.

In this instance though, the less refined surface was in the materials video and the textured surface is in the pre-production model. Should we consider the materials video or the pre-production vehicle to be closer to what will be in the 2021 models?

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

In this instance though, the less refined surface was in the materials video and the textured surface is in the pre-production model. Should we consider the materials video or the pre-production vehicle to be closer to what will be in the 2021 models?

They are all pre-production vehicles with pre-production parts at this point in time.

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

They are all pre-production vehicles with pre-production parts at this point in time.

I track, simply applying the logic that the materials video is more recent than the release of the fishing concept. This is also more closely aligned with what is rendered in B&P. This is why I'm operating under the assumption that the materials video is more likely to be accurate (smooth vs textured dash).

All that said, I hope it looks closer to what's in the fishing concept. I understand it's educated guessing at this point.

Rank IV

Nov 17, 2020

I track, simply applying the logic that the materials video is more recent than the release of the fishing concept. This is also more closely aligned with what is rendered in B&P. This is why I'm operating under the assumption that the materials video is more likely to be accurate (smooth vs textured dash).

All that said, I hope it looks closer to what's in the fishing concept. I understand it's educated guessing at this point.

When I watch the materials walk through. I get the impression they are trying not to show the details of the dash. They pan it with poor focus and washed out lighting. There are a few glimpses of the Badlands dash where you can see that the top and bottom are grained for a fraction of a second when they are in focus before switching off screen. It's all guessing right now.

Attachments

Standing Grumpy Face

Nov 17, 2020

Just saw these posted on FB. Love the blue accents. But not with that color scheme.

84E280FE-C0BF-45F1-AB60-D92128795460.jpeg2F76791E-2DA0-4D04-9D07-C99961EFE1AB.jpegBA2F6027-9EFE-4F1E-B394-BE423A42FAAE.jpeg1796C651-A150-446E-A62F-88BCF22B5B2B.jpeg
vintage, hondo27

Rank 0

Nov 17, 2020

Just saw these posted on FB. Love the blue accents. But not with that color scheme.

View attachment 5651View attachment 5652View attachment 5653View attachment 5654

Great photos! Feeling better about the dash every time something new like this drops. Opposite feeling about the power seats, but trusting that this is another one of those prototype model scenarios. NO way the leather option isn't powered but costs the same as Navy Pier which is.

Gladesmen

Nov 17, 2020

Just remember those grab handles have the Bronco bolts so there will be replacements in the future I figured if I don’t like the color on them I will trade them out for something I like better.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank VI

Nov 17, 2020

That blue clashes so bad.
Raptor w/ lux package, orange belts. Code Orange.
BN #306
ElJeffe

Rank 0

Nov 18, 2020

Recent photos of a First Edition, which will only have Navy Pier interior for those curious:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...production-with-rear-cupholders-spotted.8988/
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Nov 19, 2020

More Navy Pier pics. This time from a 2-door OBX. I'm increasingly confident that the OBX trim levels will not have a textured dash, rather the smooth "anodized" plastic look shown in the materials video.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/race-red-outer-banks-sasquatch-navy-pier-interior-seats.9029/

Rank V

Nov 22, 2020

Thats our video (y)