No 2 door soft top. Why?

Kanyankahaka
Jun 29, 2021

Rank III

Jun 29, 2021

Since Ford is having monumental issues resolving the hardtop shortage, why don’t they offer the soft top as an option on the 2 door. We specified a painted modular hardtop, but we now have to wait until 2023 to see it. If they offered a soft top I would change my order, opt for the soft top now, and buy the modular hardtop when it’s available. Come on Ford…
Boogeyman1, TK1215
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2021

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Or delivery with no top?
Boogeyman1, TK1215

Your unofficial Favorite Author

Jun 29, 2021

I'd prefer a soft top, why was it never an option in the first place?
2dr Badlands 2.3 Manual w/Mid, Rapid Red
My blog, Mfcomics.net, my stories: https://payhip.com/MFComics
TK1215, Tissy

Libations MOD

Jun 29, 2021

I'd prefer a soft top, why was it never an option in the first place?
Well, now there are a lot of "why's" that we would love to know from Ford!
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
TK1215, 73chesney

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Why did all the dinosaurs die?
Why are boobs good?
Why doesn't Ford offer a soft top on the 2 door Bronco?
Why does the Noid hate Dominoes?

The world will never know...
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
SirRomey, Team Puryear

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Since Ford is having monumental issues resolving the hardtop shortage, why don’t they offer the soft top as an option on the 2 door. We specified a painted modular hardtop, but we now have to wait until 2023 to see it. If they offered a soft top I would change my order, opt for the soft top now, and buy the modular hardtop when it’s available. Come on Ford…
I'm not sure but I was told its because 2DR orderers (not sure thats a word) are too soft already and wouldn't be able to handle it?
https://youtu.be/9jB7-0QehTE
the poacher, jwysopal

Home, home on the range

Jun 29, 2021

I'm not sure but I was told its because 2DR orderers (not sure thats a word) are too soft already and wouldn't be able to handle it?
So why are they offering a 2dr softtop to purchase in the accessories catalog? Not sure I agree. If that were the case I don't think they could have the top removable at all.
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022
SlashRacer, TK1215

Jun 29, 2021

+1 for Jeep for offering soft top standard

Too soft huh? That doesn't sound good, think it's just good ole fashion greed
SlashRacer, TK1215

Rank VI

Jun 29, 2021

I wanted a soft top in the first place but it wasn't available. I don't think they can switch now because it would only add complexity and likely slow things down further. They need to concentrate on one thing if they want to be more efficient.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole
TK1215, Gloff

Rank III

Jun 29, 2021

Drive a soft top on a serious, hot, dusty, desert trail... you'll develop a strong opinion quickly.
2 doors are aimed at more technical trail use with buyers willing to compromise capacity over function. The soft top functions poorly.
the poacher, UpNOver

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

So why are they offering a 2dr softtop to purchase in the accessories catalog? Not sure I agree. If that were the case I don't think they could have the top removable at all.
I was just making a funny about 2DR owners. LOL
https://youtu.be/9jB7-0QehTE
Sdakotabronco, TK1215

Jun 29, 2021

Drive a soft top on a serious, hot, dusty, desert trail... you'll develop a strong opinion quickly.
2 doors are aimed at more technical trail use with buyers willing to compromise capacity over function. The soft top functions poorly.

True, but I'm thousands of miles from the desert, be more ideal for a nice Jersey day or an Indian summer.

Why dual tops are the best option, always the AM
UpNOver, TK1215

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Yeah, I know…..but here it goes anyways.

Take this for what it’s worth, but my Bronco sales rep just called me for the first time in nearly a year. I had sent him a text over the weekend asking him to add the roof rails to my 2dr build.

He started going over my build for verification, and wanted to know, as their #1 allocation, if I’d be willing to switch to a 4dr soft top. Said he has 7 pulls that were behind me and got scheduled and wants to take care of me. He said, if I don’t switch, then I won’t see my Bronco this year. I told him I wouldn’t switch, even if it meant a 2022 model.

He told me he was going to have his GSM make some phone calls and see if there’s chatter of 2dr soft tops, or what the plan is for 2dr’s. When he called back he told me not to switch. Said his GSM talked to a Ford rep in the know, and that Ford bought out their hard drop contractor (Webasto?) and that the plan was to focus on the 2dr MIC tops, and that’s where the bulk of the MIC tops would be going (2drs) moving forward, since the 4dr has the soft top option.

Like I said, take it for what it’s worth, but he seemed adamant about this information, and closed with hope that my build would be scheduled next Thursday. We shall see.

Edit: He said “bought out”, but I didn’t ask for clarification. He may have been confused and was just addressing the old news of Ford taking over Webasto operations.
flatlander40, 14U

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 29, 2021

I was just making a funny about 2DR owners. LOL
Don't worry ,we'll get the last laugh when your two too many doors is wedged between the trees.
Sdakotabronco, Buckin Bronco

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jun 29, 2021

The 4 door owners will quickly learn that their old lady doesn't like four wheeling and will smack the crap out of him first time on the trail for making her rug rats scream. My former future brother in law can attest to bruises and scratches he recieved the first time he took his family four wheeling. was the last time too.

2 doors are perfect and why the original was so well loved. You go with your hunting or fishing buddy.No compromise.
the poacher, 14U

Rank II

Jun 29, 2021

FWIW I believe Ford has enough mic top capacity for FE, WT and 2 Door Broncos they are going to build for MY21. They do not have enough 4 Door Mic Tops to run MAP at full capacity. A res. holder who has a 4 door Bronco with a Mic Top on order could see a Build identical to their build at their Dealer with a soft top for sale while they are still waiting for their Mic Top build..
TK1215, KennyMac

Rank V

Jun 29, 2021

Yeah, I know…..but here it goes anyways.

Take this for what it’s worth, but my Bronco sales rep just called me for the first time in nearly a year. I had sent him a text over the weekend asking him to add the roof rails to my 2dr build.

He started going over my build for verification, and wanted to know, as their #1 allocation, if I’d be willing to switch to a 4dr soft top. Said he has 7 pulls that were behind me and got scheduled and wants to take care of me. He said, if I don’t switch, then I won’t see my Bronco this year. I told him I wouldn’t switch, even if it meant a 2022 model.

He told me he was going to have his GSM make some phone calls and see if there’s chatter of 2dr soft tops, or what the plan is for 2dr’s. When he called back he told me not to switch. Said his GSM talked to a Ford rep in the know, and that Ford bought out their hard drop contractor (Webasto?) and that the plan was to focus on the 2dr MIC tops, and that’s where the bulk of the MIC tops would be going (2drs) moving forward, since the 4dr has the soft top option.

Like I said, take it for what it’s worth, but he seemed adamant about this information, and closed with hope that my build would be scheduled next Thursday. We shall see.

Edit: He said “bought out”, but I didn’t ask for clarification. He may have been confused and was just addressing the old news of Ford taking over Webasto operations.
Yes!! Bring on the 2 doors!!
7/14/20 Res, took delivery 4/7/22!!
A51 2 door Badlands, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Lux, MGV, MIC, Roof Rails, Tow
flatlander40, Sdakotabronco

Libations MOD

Jun 30, 2021

FWIW I believe Ford has enough mic top capacity for FE, WT and 2 Door Broncos they are going to build for MY21.
So, is that "enough" 7,000 for the FE?? Maybe 8,000 for some FE and WT, or enough for people that ordered say the first 3-4 days?? Here in lies where they wont say a word
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
14U, TK1215

Rank II

Jun 30, 2021

So, is that "enough" 7,000 for the FE?? Maybe 8,000 for some FE and WT, or enough for people that ordered say the first 3-4 days?? Here in lies where they wont say a word
If every thing goes right 50,000 plus Broncos will be built between now and the end of the year. They have allotted just short of 7000 FEs for MY21. Ford Knows how many 2 Door Broncos and WT are going to be built for MY21, Ford is not sharing that info. Ford is sharing they do not have enough MIC Tops for the 4 Door so that Map can run at full Production. Map will run at full speed and is telling 4 Door res. Holders to consider changing their order from a Mic to a soft top so they can build their order before Dealer stock. I did hear that early 2 Door Res Holders should hear something soon on the other web site, and this person has been very accurate. Good Luck.
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Libations MOD

Jun 30, 2021

So, ummm not all FE's will be built?!? WTF LMAO 50K is extremely short, no wonder they won't come out in the public to talk they cant handle the heat they would get!