Well I think I'm going to stick to my plans.

BASH_5137
Jan 15, 2022

Rank V

Jan 15, 2022

Made a few change the day after the again a few days later. Color is on my mind still but I think I'm ok with what I got ordered.

2022 Outerbanks in white with fenders a handles white. 18 inch tire non SAS. Plans to upgrade to 33 in a year or to no big rush. Ordered the bumper, soft top,Axl switches for lights already ordered LOL. 2.7 engine, wanted electric seats so got the leather seats in roast. Advanced 4x4 so 4.27 gears. Question is the block heater something you can order later or must be in the build. Give me your thoughts on my paint schemes. I still have time to make one last change I think.

Attachments

Deano Bronc, BuckYeah
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022

No Ragerts

Jan 15, 2022

Made a few change the day after the again a few days later. Color is on my mind still but I think I'm ok with what I got ordered.

2022 Outerbanks in white with fenders a handles white. 18 inch tire non SAS. Plans to upgrade to 33 in a year or to no big rush. Ordered the bumper, soft top,Axl switches for lights already ordered LOL. 2.7 engine, wanted electric seats so got the leather seats in roast. Advanced 4x4 so 4.27 gears. Question is the block heater something you can order later or must be in the build. Give me your thoughts on my paint schemes. I still have time to make one last change I think.
Personally, I like the white - the Maxlider Brothers built “Clydesdale” for the 2019 SEMA show and it remains one of my favorite Bronco builds to date.

Not sure if you can easily add the block heater after the fact but, like most factory offered options, it will be more expensive after the fact as compared to inclusion on your initial build.

What top have you selected?

1815C351-0204-4D32-80B3-C62FC6546543.jpeg
^^ Clydesdale 2019

70614DFE-1453-4E07-9BCE-620746AB0FE4.jpeg
^^ Clydesdale 2021
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
OBXmy202?, BroncOitis

Standing Grumpy Face

Jan 15, 2022

I love white Broncos. But I would never own one. I'd want to throat punch everyone who makes a stupid OJ Simpson reference.

And speaking from experience the only thing that will lock you into a decision is getting a VIN. LOL Here is my progression.

Black Diamond
Velocity Blue
Hard Top
Auto
Advance 4x4
Mid package
Tow

Black Diamond
Velocity Blue
Soft top
Auto
Advance 4x4
Mid package
Tow

Outer Banks
Velocity Blue
Navy pier interior
Soft top
Advance 4x4
High package
Auxiliary switches

Black Diamond
Carbonized Gray
Soft top
Auto
Advance 4x4
Mid package
Modular Bumper
Optional wheels

Big Bend
Cyber Orange
Medium sandstone interior
Soft top
Auto
Sasquatch package
Mid package
Auxiliary switches

Black Diamond
Cyber Orange
Soft top
Auto
Advance 4x4
Mid package
Modular Bumper
SlashRacer, OBXmy202?

Formerly True

Jan 15, 2022

put the block heater with your order. save you the hassle of adding it later. I love the cyber orange I think it makes added decals pop more.
BroncOitis, BASH_5137

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Jan 15, 2022

I would think you could add the block heater later. The wire to the plug is probably in the loom already, but capped off if the option is declined. But, it would be easy enough to add at any point during your wait provided the VIN hasn't already been established and the build date prescheduled. When in doubt, add it. Beats having buyer's remorse.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank V

Jan 16, 2022

Pick the white it was my first pick thank for all the help BN.
BuckYeah, Bschurr

🗻🏔️🏜️38°33'14.1"N 109°32'04.7"W🏜️🏔️🗻

Jan 16, 2022

Installing a block heater is relatively easy, however why not have it installed now, it will cost the same having it installed as if you installed it and it will be under warranty. Buying an aftermarket one will still cost $80⁰⁰ to $120⁰⁰ and having it installed with your build is only $100⁰⁰.
I have heard of people installing them on their own and occasionally they will start to leak...only makes sense to have MAP install it.. (y)
*632* Days to get A 2021 - 2022 -
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.
ResidualGenius, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 17, 2022

Ya updated build today to the block heater, An advanced 4x4 should be all set but for accessories!
BroncOitis, Deano Bronc

Jan 17, 2022

Ya updated build today to the block heater, An advanced 4x4 should be all set but for accessories!
That's good, I'm glad you did it before hand, this is one option that makes sense since it will cost the same before or later to have it installed. Lately I've been waking up to around 3° to about 18° the vehicle I have now only has remote start, "still nice" however I just don't like the sound of the engine from a cold start. The vehicle that I had before the one I drive now had an engine block heater, not only does it start so much easier it heats up the inside of the vehicle pretty quick...
Good Choice @BASH_5074 .......
2023 Big Bend - 2 Door 2.3L Velocity Blue, Squatched, Mid package, Running Boards, Roof Rack, and Engine Block heater.

Rank V

Jan 26, 2022

I ordered the block heater for the extra hundred dollars. Only problem I have is that when it is plugged in the hood will not latch down preventing a remote start. The horn beeps letting you know the hood isn’t latched. So I have to unplug it, close the hood, and then start it. Anyone have any ideas? The plug is short under the hood so it can’t be pulled through the grill, etc.

Jan 26, 2022

I ordered the block heater for the extra hundred dollars. Only problem I have is that when it is plugged in the hood will not latch down preventing a remote start. The horn beeps letting you know the hood isn’t latched. So I have to unplug it, close the hood, and then start it. Anyone have any ideas? The plug is short under the hood so it can’t be pulled through the grill, etc.
What I had to do with my last vehicle, was to add a very small extension cord so it would stick out of the bumper then would tuck it away when I was done. You could try that and see if you can get it to work...
Bschurr

No Ragerts

Jan 26, 2022

What I had to do with my last vehicle, was to add a very small extension cord so it would stick out of the bumper then would tuck it away when I was done. You could try that and see if you can get it to work...
Or splice it under the hood and hide the new end in a convenient location under the bumper…
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
BroncOitis

Jan 26, 2022

One last thing!
Make sure you use some ties so the cord is not to fall.
Then when I was done with winter I would unplug it for the summer and store the extension cord in my garage. However if it is not in the way or sticking out then you can just leave it with your Bronco. I hope this helps....
Bschurr