New Bronco Nation membership numbers... I don't get it!

Calgecko

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 28, 2020
Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Every time I pull up the site, I see the "Latest Bronco Nation Member Number" counter - and one day, it'll be over 100,000 ... and then the next time, it'll be 2,000 something... I don't understand! What is the methodology behind the Bronco Nation member number assignment? does it just randomly assign a number between 0 and 1 million? It seems like it should be in sequential order, but that's apparently not the case.
I know... a silly little thing, but it has had me wondering for MONTHS ... figured I'd ask :)

Reactions: TorgSurv

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Moab, Ut
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

There are now two membership tiers. Regular membership numbers started at 1 and go up sequentially (0 through 100 were set aside for og staff members and vips, #1 going to the purchaser of Bronco vin 001), and are now up in the 2000s. Digital memberships (which get the full site access, prestige, etc, but not the member only swag) started at 100,000.

AcesandEights

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
I think it's based loosely on timestamp, but also commodity constraints, and then BN can assign a priority code so it's basically a number between 00000 and any randomly generated combination of numbers and letters, but the letters are like a silent "h" and can't be seen or heard. You have to use a decoder pin to know what the next number will be, but then that number can be pulled at any time and reallocated to a different place in line. Hope that helps indeedy.