New Area 51 Bronco Sport Big Bend Owner

dragonbillz
May 20, 2021

Rank I

May 20, 2021

Had my new Bronco Sport for about a week now. I bought mine in Manchester NH and I was able to drive it home in less than 3 hours. I noticed one issue, the side window was scratched when the shop removed the stickers for me. I am so upset that the first scratches were from the shop. The shop tried to buff the scratches out, but you can still see them. The sales team said if they replaced the glass it would be a bigger problem with not lining up correctly and more than likely end up with a water leak. This has nothing to do with Ford or the vehicle integrity. I am very happy with the vehicle and what it can do. So far I have only been on the road. The picture is my Bronco Sport in the Boston Seaport.

Attachments

Moonshine, 14U
Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2021

Rank VI

May 20, 2021

Beautiful Bronco! Congratulations!
The first scratches are always the most difficult. After that we called them “beauty marks”. I wish you many happy trails ahead and enjoy the fond memories as more beauty marks are added to the collection.
As a fellow New Hampshire resident, I hope our paths cross!
SlashRacer, DRWright

Rank VI

May 20, 2021

Had my new Bronco Sport for about a week now. I bought mine in Manchester NH and I was able to drive it home in less than 3 hours. I noticed one issue, the side window was scratched when the shop removed the stickers for me. I am so upset that the first scratches were from the shop. The shop tried to buff the scratches out, but you can still see them. The sales team said if they replaced the glass it would be a bigger problem with not lining up correctly and more than likely end up with a water leak. This has nothing to do with Ford or the vehicle integrity. I am very happy with the vehicle and what it can do. So far I have only been on the road. The picture is my Bronco Sport in the Boston Seaport.
Sounds like they fed you a load of bs. Anytime I buy a new vehicle I have them write down a repair order for anything I see. That way it is on file and they can't say that it happened after you drove it off the lot. Most of the time I didn't go back to get any issue I found fixed but I did have 1 fender flare replaced because it had big scratches on it.

If they tell you that your window will leak after they work on it then you should say. Well sounds like you'll be fixing it twice!
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
14U, Bronc96

Rank I

May 20, 2021

I don't see it as a big deal, I am just enjoying my new ride. I love the look of this vehicle and all the nods to the original Bronco's. It's nice to see Ford take it's legacy and keep it going. I always wanted a Bronco 2, and to see the Bronco Sport living up to the expectations is really nice.
Bronc96, SlashRacer

Rank I

May 20, 2021

My Ford Bronco is a Big Bend with a sunroof, and some really nice looking rims.

Attachments

Bronc96, SlashRacer
OBXBroncoGuy

May 20, 2021

Welcome and welcome to the family!
14U, SlashRacer

Rank VI

May 20, 2021

My Ford Bronco is a Big Bend with a sunroof, and some really nice looking rims.
Excellent, enjoy, good luck with it!
SlashRacer, BuzzyBud

Rank IV

Jun 06, 2021

Loving my Cactus Gray Big Bend…also with the moonroof and the 18” wheel option…people stop me all the time and ask about the vehicle.

Attachments

srick76, Bronc96

Rank 0

Jun 06, 2021

Hi. Can you upload other pictures? I ordered an Area 51 Wildtrack and am curious to see more pictures.
SlashRacer

Rank I

Rank I

Jun 07, 2021

Hi. Can you upload other pictures? I ordered an Area 51 Wildtrack and am curious to see more pictures.
I posted some new pics.
DRWright, SlashRacer

Rank VI

Jun 07, 2021

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new Bronc! Sweet looking ride! (y)
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 07, 2021

We have had the exact same window scratch issues from the dealerships removal.
don’t let them BS you !
They are at fault.
The window better not leak when they change it out !
They are diverting their screw up onto you.
My dealership tried the same buff thing. No it’s Deep scratches. Hold them responsible, we are.
they ordered our replacement glass several months ago, you may as well get the ball rolling.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
DRWright, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Jun 07, 2021

We have had the exact same window scratch issues from the dealerships removal.
don’t let them BS you !
They are at fault.
The window better not leak when they change it out !
They are diverting their screw up onto you.
My dealership tried the same buff thing. No it’s Deep scratches. Hold them responsible, we are.
they ordered our replacement glass several months ago, you may as well get the ball rolling.
I will start the process.
14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 07, 2021

I will start the process.
BC1BD966-2149-4FDB-A197-432CF06A963A.png9B1A2215-5C35-42C4-B82D-398C2C48A2BA.png
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 07, 2021

Located directly under that back door inspection sticker. If you don’t make an issue of it , then they will continue to do it to everyone else’s vehicles.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
DRWright

Rank VI

Jun 07, 2021

Located directly under that back door inspection sticker. If you don’t make an issue of it , then they will continue to do it to everyone else’s vehicles.
That's why it is very important to look over your vehicle very closely at delivery and have them write down an order to repair everything you see that may be wrong. You may never go back to get it fixed and you may feel differently a few days later and want it fixed. It will always be less of a hassle if there is paperwork showing that you had concerns before taking delivery.

It should never be your fault and you don't have to settle for problems with a new vehicle. Especially if they give you bs excuses not to do it.
Wildtrak, 4DR, Iconic Silver, High, Camo Seats.
14U

Rank V

Jun 10, 2021

WOW and you wernt going to have that corrected originally...

No way would i let that be ok.
In fact
I wont buy a vehicle until its all cleaned up ready to go for my
Pre-signing test drive.