Nevada Off-Roadeo more than I expected

Thane
Aug 25, 2021

Rank III

Aug 25, 2021

Went to the first Saturday Bronco Off Rodeo in Nevada, 16 Sasquatch Badlands 4dr (lifted, 35s with enhanced shocks) Broncos in two groups on private trails for 10 hours of instruction, trails and food. Way better than I expected. Trails were initially fairly easy and then we ended with a technical wash that did minor damage to a couple vehicles. Surprised Ford had green drivers climbing over some largish rocks. Excellent instruction for beginners and some good techniques for the experienced. I was just hoping for some seat time and received a lot more. Instructors were super friendly, clear spoken with obvious trail experience and overly tolerant, I would have dropped several WTFs... and just one of the reasons why I am thankfully not an instructor. The renovation of a Boy Scout camp is superbly executed to trade show levels, metal logos on distant water spouts, unique branded lighting, veneers, displays and signage and with great food/spaces.

Bronco felt very similar to 2" lifted FJ, similar tipping points, wider and 4dr longer. Intentionally hit some deep sockets at speed to stuff the suspension and find the stops, very compliant ride with good shock rate increasing resistance until hitting stops without slamming, not crazy soft/jarring event like stock FJ suspension. Dropping off rocks the shocks were very controlled and predictable, trail assist amazingly smooth. Turn assist is the real deal, drag turns on trail switches is giddy smile inducing. Lockers engage instantly with clear indicators, easy button location (Toyota take notice). Releasing the swaybar provided similar articulation as and FJ with no swaybar. Operating lockers, disconnect, trail turn and swaybar disconnect was immediate and intuitive, GOAT modes take your eyes off the trail for a menu wondering search... The 4 cylinder was responsive and did not struggle.

Count me very impressed with the Bronco and the event.
Bronco.jpgBronco 1.jpgBronco 2.jpgBronco 3.jpgBronco 4.jpg
DesertEagle1776, bigbend4J
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2021

Rank V

Aug 25, 2021

Went to the first Saturday Bronco Off Rodeo in Nevada, 16 Sasquatch Badlands 4dr (lifted, 35s with enhanced shocks) Broncos in two groups on private trails for 10 hours of instruction, trails and food. Way better than I expected. Trails were initially fairly easy and then we ended with a technical wash that did minor damage to a couple vehicles. Surprised Ford had green drivers climbing over some largish rocks. Excellent instruction for beginners and some good techniques for the experienced. I was just hoping for some seat time and received a lot more. Instructors were super friendly, clear spoken with obvious trail experience and overly tolerant, I would have dropped several WTFs... and just one of the reasons why I am thankfully not an instructor. The renovation of a Boy Scout camp is superbly executed to trade show levels, metal logos on distant water spouts, unique branded lighting, veneers, displays and signage and with great food/spaces.

Bronco felt very similar to 2" lifted FJ, similar tipping points, wider and 4dr longer. Intentionally hit some deep sockets at speed to stuff the suspension and find the stops, very compliant ride with good shock rate increasing resistance until hitting stops without slamming, not crazy soft/jarring event like stock FJ suspension. Dropping off rocks the shocks were very controlled and predictable, trail assist amazingly smooth. Turn assist is the real deal, drag turns on trail switches is giddy smile inducing. Lockers engage instantly with clear indicators, easy button location (Toyota take notice). Releasing the swaybar provided similar articulation as and FJ with no swaybar. Operating lockers, disconnect, trail turn and swaybar disconnect was immediate and intuitive, GOAT modes take your eyes off the trail for a menu wondering search... The 4 cylinder was responsive and did not struggle.

Count me very impressed with the Bronco and the event.
View attachment 17392View attachment 17393View attachment 17394View attachment 17395View attachment 17396
Thanks for posting about your experience. Great pics!!
BroncoUp, Thane

No Ragerts

Aug 25, 2021

Awesome - thanks for sharing @Thane

That looks like some pretty gnarly stuff for the uninitiated. Looking forward to to my Off-Roado experience in New Hampshire on 9/11
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
bigbend4J, Thane

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2021

@Thane good take on the Nevada course. I was just telling a friend today that I was surprised they let unknowns take new Broncos on those dry washes. The trail guides do a pretty good job of keeping the Broncos wrangled. I too was impressed with how they handled dropping down some of those holes.
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
bigbend4J, Thane