Nevada Off-roadeo Friggin Awesome

BroncoBoy22
Aug 28, 2021

Rank II

Aug 28, 2021

Went to the Nevada Off-Roadeo on Thursday and it was incredible! Took my mom so we could spend some time together and learn. Neither one of us have ever driven off road more than a gravel fire road. I know we have plenty of these write-up but here’s one more and some pics to kill some time haha.

First off getting to experience the Bronco’s first hand under top notch instructions is so valuable and makes the wait easier. Even though my spec is dang near $60k after driving the vehicle for hours I believe the price will be worth it.

The instructors were great and really were the cherry on top to the whole experience. The food was phenomenal too!

For the day I was there there were 4 parties of drivers. We got 3 SAS Badlands and 1 SAS OBX. My mom and I were in a SAS Badlands mid-package.

The terrain at Nevada is mostly slow speed rock crawling. Which was great for me because as a newbie that genre is the most intimidating. But the Broncos are well equipped and we all got through everything pretty easily. I now know how/when to use the SBD, front & rear lockers, trail control, one pedal driving, and manual modes.

It was one thing reading about these features, and another putting them into practice. It all makes WAY more sense to me now. I was so worried about lifting tires from reading the SLA vs IFS arguments from years back haha. But even when the tires lift the Bronco can keep going thanks to the lockers. Best part is you can set them independently whenever needed.

The instructors taught technique over technology which was extremely helpful. So I got to practice modulating the gas/brakes myself AND using the Bronco’s assist features. I feel comfortable using both ways now.

All in all it was a GREAT time and I’d like to do it again at a diff site to try more types of terrain. Well worth every penny!

Now to the best part, the pics haha

Attachments

srick76, BuckYeah
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2021

Rank II

Aug 28, 2021

Also forgot to add I actually really like the exhaust note in the 2.7l. I have a 5.0 mustang and obviously V8 exhaust rules all, but this is a good sounding motor to me. Sounds like a truck
srick76, 17’5 4 7RAP

Road trip!!!

Aug 28, 2021

Great write up. After marching band season is over for my son, I will schedule a bronco offroadeo.
2021 Badlands, 4 door, 2.7L, Auto, LUX, SAS, Tow Package, MIC, Velocity Blue.
bdawson24, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Aug 28, 2021

Great write up. After marching band season is over for my son, I will schedule a bronco offroadeo.
You guys are going to love it!
BuzzyBud, SlashRacer

Wank ER

Aug 28, 2021

Hey hey! Good to see another Nevada graduate. We had a blast and enjoyed all aspects. Can't wait to get my rig and go anytime I want.
2021 FE Cactus Grey
bigbend4J, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2021

Nice. My brother and I were pretty impressed with the Nevada crew.
I see you found the Kodak photo spot. This is the one I drove :cool: 664824C0-9B99-407D-9C1B-A4E13C7E19DC.jpeg
Ordered: 4-Door First Edition - Rapid Red - Black Seats - MIC Top - Build Date: 10/25
In Garage: ‘62 Red Vette - ‘07 Black Shelby Ragtop - ‘21 F150 Platinum PowerBoost - Rapid Red
the poacher, bdawson24

Rank VI

Aug 28, 2021

I can’t wait to go to one of these! Just gotta pick which one.
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
BuzzyBud, Rgwinn

Rank II

Aug 29, 2021

Nice. My brother and I were pretty impressed with the Nevada crew.
I see you found the Kodak photo spot. This is the one I drove :cool: View attachment 17559
EPIC!! We might have driven the same one!
BuzzyBud, Deepshag

Rank V

Aug 29, 2021

Man I love hearing this, but it makes the choice between Nevada and Moab even harder for my dad and me! Glad to hear you had a great time though, sounds like Nevada is a blast.
bdawson24, BroncoBoy22

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 31, 2021

man those are some pretty gourmet s'mores there. Looking forward to that.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
BroncoBoy22

Rank II

Sep 01, 2021

and they tasted as good as they looked!
Mal

Rank VI

Sep 01, 2021

The s'mores are totally worth it!!!
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
BroncoBoy22, BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Nov 10, 2021

Where did you stay? I am debating on Nevada or Texas - trying to nail down a site.

I can fly to Vegas cheap, or I can plan a 5 day trip to Tejas with my boys and let them fish, but the wife is concerned about school…..
BroncoBoy22

Rank II

Nov 10, 2021

Where did you stay? I am debating on Nevada or Texas - trying to nail down a site.

I can fly to Vegas cheap, or I can plan a 5 day trip to Tejas with my boys and let them fish, but the wife is concerned about school…..
I stayed at Harrah’s on the Strip. Would not recommend them it was a terrible hotel lol
Padams7

Rank V

Nov 10, 2021

Went to the Nevada Off-Roadeo on Thursday and it was incredible! Took my mom so we could spend some time together and learn. Neither one of us have ever driven off road more than a gravel fire road. I know we have plenty of these write-up but here’s one more and some pics to kill some time haha.

First off getting to experience the Bronco’s first hand under top notch instructions is so valuable and makes the wait easier. Even though my spec is dang near $60k after driving the vehicle for hours I believe the price will be worth it.

The instructors were great and really were the cherry on top to the whole experience. The food was phenomenal too!

For the day I was there there were 4 parties of drivers. We got 3 SAS Badlands and 1 SAS OBX. My mom and I were in a SAS Badlands mid-package.

The terrain at Nevada is mostly slow speed rock crawling. Which was great for me because as a newbie that genre is the most intimidating. But the Broncos are well equipped and we all got through everything pretty easily. I now know how/when to use the SBD, front & rear lockers, trail control, one pedal driving, and manual modes.

It was one thing reading about these features, and another putting them into practice. It all makes WAY more sense to me now. I was so worried about lifting tires from reading the SLA vs IFS arguments from years back haha. But even when the tires lift the Bronco can keep going thanks to the lockers. Best part is you can set them independently whenever needed.

The instructors taught technique over technology which was extremely helpful. So I got to practice modulating the gas/brakes myself AND using the Bronco’s assist features. I feel comfortable using both ways now.

All in all it was a GREAT time and I’d like to do it again at a diff site to try more types of terrain. Well worth every penny!

Now to the best part, the pics haha
Was thinking about doing Vegas. Do you have to drive yourself to the location or do they have a shuttle service from Strip hotels? If you drive yourself, how far/how long does it take to get to the location?

thanks…
BroncoBoy22

Rank II

Nov 10, 2021

Was thinking about doing Vegas. Do you have to drive yourself to the location or do they have a shuttle service from Strip hotels? If you drive yourself, how far/how long does it take to get to the location?

thanks…
You drive yourself unless you stay at the partner hotel (Red Rock Inn) then I believe the have a shuttle.

it’s about 45min-1 hour from the strip. Beware it’s about a 1 mile drive on a gravel road once you exit the highway. So and Uber or taxi won’t want to take you the full way. I recommend renting a car

Rank V

Nov 10, 2021

Thanks!
BroncoBoy22

Rank 0

Nov 15, 2021

If you stay at Red Rocks there is no shuttle. You can rent a car from the hotel though. Its about a 30 minute drive to the Basecamp from the Red Rock resort. My only complaint about the Nevada Off Roadeo was that there was no shuttle and I was left scrambling for transportation. Hopefully this helps someone.
Deano Bronc

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Nov 15, 2021

Great write up and photo essay, sir! I'm going to sign up for a Moab excursion as soon as I am able. From what I gather, you've got to have a VIN ready. Are you allowed to disclose the cost of the program? If not, message me. I'm curious. I'm sure it's worth it. What off-rodeo site would you want to try next?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Moab or bust!!!

Nov 15, 2021

Great write up and photo essay, sir! I'm going to sign up for a Moab excursion as soon as I am able. From what I gather, you've got to have a VIN ready. Are you allowed to disclose the cost of the program? If not, message me. I'm curious. I'm sure it's worth it. What off-rodeo site would you want to try next?
You do not need a VIN to sign up and actually attend. They just need to verify your order and you will be good to go.
Looking at possibly going to Moab too.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
BuckYeah