Needing some help...

CT33
Apr 29, 2021

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Hey y'all I'm new to here to thank you for welcoming me. I bought 1991 custom bronco about a year ago and have had some work done to it since I've bought. It's always been a dream vehicle of mine. It's recently been just taking up some space in my driveway. I've had all new plugs, wires, etc put in. New battery, new starter solenoid. New water pump and fuel pump. She cranks and sounds like she wants to start but my buddy and I cannot figure out why she wont fire right up. We recently were digging around and found a female connector that wasn't connected to anything and we cannot find a place that it would connect to any male connector. We were wondering if this might be the issue? We are currently in the process of reading the wiring diagram, however, I feel as if I a missing something. If anyone has any ideas could you shed some light? The connector is located on the drivers side just to the left of the fuse panel. I was told that my fuel pump relay also may be the problem but just unsure. We are headed back out to work on it tomorrow so any help would be great or just some general ideas if anyone knows what piece I may be talking about. Thanks!
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Apr 29, 2021

Hey y'all I'm new to here to thank you for welcoming me. I bought 1991 custom bronco about a year ago and have had some work done to it since I've bought. It's always been a dream vehicle of mine. It's recently been just taking up some space in my driveway. I've had all new plugs, wires, etc put in. New battery, new starter solenoid. New water pump and fuel pump. She cranks and sounds like she wants to start but my buddy and I cannot figure out why she wont fire right up. We recently were digging around and found a female connector that wasn't connected to anything and we cannot find a place that it would connect to any male connector. We were wondering if this might be the issue? We are currently in the process of reading the wiring diagram, however, I feel as if I a missing something. If anyone has any ideas could you shed some light? The connector is located on the drivers side just to the left of the fuse panel. I was told that my fuel pump relay also may be the problem but just unsure. We are headed back out to work on it tomorrow so any help would be great or just some general ideas if anyone knows what piece I may be talking about. Thanks!
Could you get a picture of it? That may help identify it.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Could you get a picture of it? That may help identify it.
Yeah I'm currently working on it. I know we took pictures of it, but they are on my buddies phone and Im just waiting for him to send it to me!
Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

I know it looks burnt up, but like I said its been sitting there not driven in months for months and was just dirty. Its the pigtail off of the relay wire bundle.

Attachments

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

Do you have spark, could be stuck float or bad needle valve on carb.
14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Apr 29, 2021

Is this carbureted or fuel injected ?
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
matwats

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Is this carbureted or fuel injected ?
fuel injected

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Yeah I'm currently working on it. I know we took pictures of it, but they are on my buddies phone and Im just waiting for him to send it to me!
Both wires are grey

Attachments

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

spray some starting fluid in the intake ad see if it wants to start up if it does then you know you have a fuel issue. i would get a noid light kit from harbor freight or uses a test light to see if you have injection pulse as well
"The core of mans' spirit comes from new experiences."

Rank V

Apr 29, 2021

Here's a wiring Diagram for the Engine on 91 Bronco 5.0. if you have a different motor like a 351 let me know, I can send the diagram for that one to

Attachments

CT33

Rank 0

Apr 29, 2021

Here's a wiring Diagram for the Engine on 91 Bronco 5.0. if you have a different motor like a 351 let me know, I can send the diagram for that one to
Thanks!

Off-Roadeo Ranger

Apr 30, 2021

Is that the OBD test connector? I can't remember what it looks like, but when not in use it plugs into an empty slot on the bottom side of that fuse/relay box on the driver's side.

Rank V

Apr 30, 2021

Is that the OBD test connector? I can't remember what it looks like, but when not in use it plugs into an empty slot on the bottom side of that fuse/relay box on the driver's side.
Looks more like a injector connector, oil pressure sensor or some type of temp sensor connector. Looks like a Bosch design I would clean it and then just look around the area to see where it goes. The component has to be close unless it’s been removed. But my guess is that shouldn’t matter to much because it’s been disconnected for a while it looks like
TorgSurv

Rank V

May 09, 2021

Hello in 91 it should be efi 351 the best way to find a problem is connecting to diagnostic tool, it will tell you what the problem is, if you can get the trouble codes, it could be the Ecu is bad, some times went the truck is not in use and the battery looses power the Ecu struggle to get power to function correctly and gets damage, the other thing you need to check if the fuel is bad, that will cost problem in the filter all of way to the injectors. Let me know if that help good luck