Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 29, 2021
Missouri
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Thompson
Hey y'all I'm new to here to thank you for welcoming me. I bought 1991 custom bronco about a year ago and have had some work done to it since I've bought. It's always been a dream vehicle of mine. It's recently been just taking up some space in my driveway. I've had all new plugs, wires, etc put in. New battery, new starter solenoid. New water pump and fuel pump. She cranks and sounds like she wants to start but my buddy and I cannot figure out why she wont fire right up. We recently were digging around and found a female connector that wasn't connected to anything and we cannot find a place that it would connect to any male connector. We were wondering if this might be the issue? We are currently in the process of reading the wiring diagram, however, I feel as if I a missing something. If anyone has any ideas could you shed some light? The connector is located on the drivers side just to the left of the fuse panel. I was told that my fuel pump relay also may be the problem but just unsure. We are headed back out to work on it tomorrow so any help would be great or just some general ideas if anyone knows what piece I may be talking about. Thanks!

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Hey y'all I'm new to here to thank you for welcoming me. I bought 1991 custom bronco about a year ago and have had some work done to it since I've bought. It's always been a dream vehicle of mine. It's recently been just taking up some space in my driveway. I've had all new plugs, wires, etc put in. New battery, new starter solenoid. New water pump and fuel pump. She cranks and sounds like she wants to start but my buddy and I cannot figure out why she wont fire right up. We recently were digging around and found a female connector that wasn't connected to anything and we cannot find a place that it would connect to any male connector. We were wondering if this might be the issue? We are currently in the process of reading the wiring diagram, however, I feel as if I a missing something. If anyone has any ideas could you shed some light? The connector is located on the drivers side just to the left of the fuse panel. I was told that my fuel pump relay also may be the problem but just unsure. We are headed back out to work on it tomorrow so any help would be great or just some general ideas if anyone knows what piece I may be talking about. Thanks!
Could you get a picture of it? That may help identify it.

CT33

Rank 0

Advocate II

Apr 29, 2021
Missouri
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Thompson
I know it looks burnt up, but like I said its been sitting there not driven in months for months and was just dirty. Its the pigtail off of the relay wire bundle.

Attachments

Last edited:

joedirte

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Mar 13, 2021
Redding, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Do you have spark, could be stuck float or bad needle valve on carb.

Reactions: 14U

14U

Rank V

Promoter II

Mar 3, 2021
Tulsa, OK, USA
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Cook
Member #

Is this carbureted or fuel injected ?

Reactions: matwats

matwats

Rank IV

Advocate III

Apr 27, 2021
Orange, California, United States
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Watson
Member #

spray some starting fluid in the intake ad see if it wants to start up if it does then you know you have a fuel issue. i would get a noid light kit from harbor freight or uses a test light to see if you have injection pulse as well

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

Is that the OBD test connector? I can't remember what it looks like, but when not in use it plugs into an empty slot on the bottom side of that fuse/relay box on the driver's side.

matwats

Rank IV

Advocate III

Apr 27, 2021
Orange, California, United States
www.instagram.com
First Name
Mathew
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Is that the OBD test connector? I can't remember what it looks like, but when not in use it plugs into an empty slot on the bottom side of that fuse/relay box on the driver's side.
Looks more like a injector connector, oil pressure sensor or some type of temp sensor connector. Looks like a Bosch design I would clean it and then just look around the area to see where it goes. The component has to be close unless it’s been removed. But my guess is that shouldn’t matter to much because it’s been disconnected for a while it looks like

Reactions: TorgSurv