Need BN's Take on Reservation/Order

bdcobb
Nov 02, 2021

PaleRider

Nov 02, 2021

Submitted original reservation for MY21 Bronco on September 8, 2020.
Order date of February 10, 2021 with order number.
Received email and rebuilt MY22 Bronco on October 13, 2021; dealership acknowledged receiving new order.

Based on advice from other customers in the BN forums, I have been requesting a sit down at the dealership to agree on the sale price, address the Ford price guarantee and voucher and seek a signed purchase agreement.
Me: "When are you going to bring me in to talk about the no kidding price I'm going to pay for the vehicle?"
Salesman: "Once the vehicle is en-route we will discuss the pricing of the vehicle."
Me: "Understand that I want to have a signed (both parties) purchase agreement in place between Casa Ford (El Paso, TX) and me to avoid any surprises when the vehicle actually arrives."
Salesman: "With the market adjusting the way it is, it is not uncommon for the price of the Broncos to go up since they are considered specialty vehicles. Just like a Raptor or GT 500 Mustang. Once the vehicle is en-route we will discuss the the exact amount.

Does this sound legitimate or am I seeing the early stages of a significant mark up and run around? Appreciate input and guidance. Thank you.

My order: 2-door base with MIC hard top, 2.7L with 10-speed auto and Sasquatch package.
bdcobb
KennyMac, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Nov 02, 2021

Rank IV

Nov 02, 2021

That sounds like some BS. I am looking into going in this week and do the same thing. If my dealership won’t work out the price ahead of time after guaranteeing it at MSRP. I will be switching dealers. I made the mistake of having only my signature on the order. I will let you know how it goes. My dealer by the way is AutoNation Ford South Fort Worth TX.
Bronco_Girl, JJACK502

Rank I

Nov 02, 2021

Danger Danger Will Robinson!
LR48, jd-ford-hd

PaleRider

Nov 02, 2021

That sounds like some BS. I am looking into going in this week and do the same thing. If my dealership won’t work out the price ahead of time after guaranteeing it at MSRP. I will be switching dealers. I made the mistake of having only my signature on the order. I will let you know how it goes. My dealer by the way is AutoNation Ford South Fort Worth TX.
Appreciate it, thank you.
bdcobb

Rank V

Nov 02, 2021

Bring Vasoline to that meeting.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.
KennyMac, Deano Bronc

Rank I

Nov 02, 2021

Bring Vasoline to that meeting.
This is what I signed from my dealer... I think it is a good thing?82D4227B-48BA-4920-884E-1462B871923F.jpeg
LR48, jd-ford-hd

PaleRider

Nov 02, 2021

This is what I signed from my dealer... I think it is a good thing?View attachment 20867
Thank you for the response...that's good information.
bdcobb

Rank V

Nov 02, 2021

Except the $500 administrative fee which is just and add on free margin that try and get away with. "It our fee for filling out the paper work"! Really. Would the state allow you to sell it with no paper work? I didn't think so. Your the dealer and that is your job to do the paper work. We charge this to everyone. That's great and I can tell you to stick you truck up your ass for $500 and buy one elsewhere. I have never paid it and never will. "You stealing $500 from me. I would feel a lot better if you just used a gun" That gets there attention. Not everyone pays it and I have walked from a deal over fees. It just a car or a truck and another just like it will be along shortly.
Past - 87 Suz Sam; 76 ChevBlaz14 Rubi 2 Dr -35's First Auto 4wd. Ox Wht 2dr Base SAS, bumper, Flr-lin, 2.7 aux switches.

Rank V

Nov 02, 2021

I would not say you are seeing the early stages. If they cannot say they are selling the vehicle at MSRP then they are selling at market. Plain and simple. You can see if you can get something in writing, but if they won't even give you a verbal then I doubt they will put it in writing.
95 Eddie 5.8 Windsor 2021? nope, 2022?, wait 2022.5 HOSS3.0 equipped WildTrak/LUX/Leather/MIC. 7/14 RES
bdcobb

Rank IV

Nov 06, 2021

I talked with my dealership today and got them to sign the order form but they would not write it all out. But they seemed to be hesitant to write it all out as if it was strange I that I asked them too. I called Ford costumer service line and they told me to go to another dealership and place another order. Haven’t decided what I am going to do yet.

Rank IV

Nov 06, 2021

I talked with my dealership today and got them to sign the order form but they would not write it all out. But they seemed to be hesitant to write it all out as if it was strange I that I asked them too. I called Ford costumer service line and they told me to go to another dealership and place another order. Haven’t decided what I am going to do yet.

Also the Ford Bronco customer service line is 1800-334-4375.

Rank VI

Nov 06, 2021

This is what I signed from my dealer... I think it is a good thing?View attachment 20867
I don't see where your dealership signed it.

EDIT: btw $498 doc fee is INSANE. They also didn't list what the title fee is and can charge you whatever they want.

Rank VI

Nov 06, 2021

"...but they would not write it all out."

Any reputable business transaction anywhere in the world would include the complete, accurate details. Including the sales price. Signed off by both parties. By refusing to sign-off to any verbal agreements means they plan on not honoring what they verbally agreed to. Verbal agreements are difficult to prove in a court of law. Signed agreements by both parties are 100% provable. Your dealership knows this.

Sorry, but this is a HUGE red flag.

Call Ford and transfer your order to a reputable dealership so you don’t lose your reservation time-stamp. Don't transfer until you get a signed agreement from the other dealership.
LR48, Slownstddy

Rank IV

Nov 06, 2021

I did the build and price ahead of time, then say with my dealer to update. We bothe signed the new update and the price is what is listed on the build and price as agreed
Bronco_Girl

PaleRider

Nov 07, 2021

"...but they would not write it all out."

Any reputable business transaction anywhere in the world would include the complete, accurate details. Including the sales price. Signed off by both parties. By refusing to sign-off to any verbal agreements means they plan on not honoring what they verbally agreed to. Verbal agreements are difficult to prove in a court of law. Signed agreements by both parties are 100% provable. Your dealership knows this.

Sorry, but this is a HUGE red flag.

Call Ford and transfer your order to a reputable dealership so you don’t lose your reservation time-stamp. Don't transfer until you get a signed agreement from the other dealership.
Thank you for your response...I definitely have a lot to think about as my gut feeling tells me that I'm not getting into a new Bronco any time soon if at all.
bdcobb

PaleRider

Nov 07, 2021

Can anyone recommend a reputable Ford dealer in west Texas or New Mexico? I'm in El Paso, Texas.
bdcobb

Rank VI

Nov 08, 2021

Thank you for your response...I definitely have a lot to think about as my gut feeling tells me that I'm not getting into a new Bronco any time soon if at all.
Well perhaps. I myself am hoping for a my23 next fall. [fingers crossed]

Sorry wish I knew about those two states but I don't. I best others here do! Start a thread with just this request and put it in the title. I'm sure you will find one that way.

Rank II

Nov 08, 2021

Also the Ford Bronco customer service line is 1800-334-4375.

That's no good, that is who I ordered from as well. When I called a couple weeks ago to confirm my re-order for 2022 I did not push the issue, but was told the price guarantee was still in place. I really hoped when looking for where in town to place the order, AutoNation being the largest car dealership in the country would be big enough they wouldn't need to play games. Hope that thought stays true.