My Heritage Edition

TimHaney
Feb 11, 2022

Rank V

Feb 11, 2022

Well like most people on Bronco Nation my journey has been a long and winding one, but in the end I couldn't be happier. At the 2004 Detroit Auto Show I saw the concept and hoped that Ford would bring back the Bronco, little did I know it would take 17 years. Then came that fateful night of 7/13/2020, I had my PC ready to input my reservation at 8:00pm. After almost 4 hours of trying and not being able to get through I finally went to bed. The next morning I woke up, grabbed my phone from the night stand and the heaven's parted, the angels sang and I was able to place my reservation. My initial reservation was for a 4Dr WT. However, later after playing with the configurator decided the 4Dr BL w/SAS fit my needs (OK wants) best. When ordering opened, I placed my order for a 4Dr, BL, 2.7L, MIC, High Pckg, Tow in Cyber Orange. Like many received the letter that my build would be pushed to MY22. While not a surprise as I expected, I was disappointed. However, when the news that you could now have the SAS package with manual and they added Eruption Green I quickly go over the slight disappointment. Originally, I wanted a manual, but since you could not get it with the SAS, I had opted for the 10spd auto. The Eruption Green was the real game changer though. To try and make a long story short, this year will be 20 years since my father passed away. He was an all around great guy and wonderful father. One of his favorite vehicles (and mine as a young boy) was an early 1970 GMC Jimmy in metallic green with a white one-piece top and white steel wheels with chrome dog dish caps stamped GMC. It was a bare bones monster. Inside it had two white vinyl short back bucket seats, 4 spd manual tranny w/creeper gear and no carpet. Being he grew up in the depression era as one of the youngest of 10 kids on a farm he loved to MacGyver stuff and rarely got rid of something. I remember hearing many times "there'll be a use for that someday". So after laying a carpet remnant in the back bed area, he cut down the legs of a couple of lawn chairs (the old style aluminum with webbing) and bolted them to a couple of 2x4s and that was the back seat. To this day one of favorite stories between my siblings is when my older sister was learning to drive and my brother and I were in the "lawn chairs". She popped the clutch (no judgement, I'm sure it was a beast) and both of us and the chairs tipped over backwards and banged our heads. Unfortunately, by the time I could drive it was gone so I never had a chance to drive.

So here is my tribute to my dad, his GMC Jimmy and a nod the Heritage Ford Bronco.

Bronco 1.jpgBronco 2.jpgBronco 3.jpgBronco 4.jpgBronco 5.jpg
zeekmeek, SS Bronco
Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022

No Ragerts

Feb 11, 2022

Nice job!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank VI

Feb 11, 2022

Love it! Thanks for the back story to this awesome looking rig!
2021 badlands, 2.3, MT, rapid red, soft top

Rank V

Feb 11, 2022

That is really nicely done. Did you paint the top? also where did you get the badge in white?
Bronco Badlands, Bronco Black Diamond, Bronco Big Bend, & Bronco Sport Badlands
www.youtube.com/1five1garage

Home, home on the range

Feb 12, 2022

That is the best heritage concept I've seen! Looks great!
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 2dr 2.3L manual Hot Pepper Red. Reserved 8/7/20. Ordered 1/23/21. Reordered 10/08/21. Scheduled week of January 24th 2022, delivered 2/24/2022

Rank 0

Feb 12, 2022

Well done!
2021 Badlands 2 Door Cyber Orange

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

That is really nicely done. Did you paint the top? also where did you get the badge in white?
The top is painted, a few shops did not want to tackle it but found a great shop that would. The grill was easy for them since smooth, the mirror caps were also easy they only had to sand, the top they sanded but ended up having to redo since a few issues with the first spray. The side badges are bronco depot in white and the Ford badge on the tailgate I found on Etsy which is just a vinyl overlay but impressed with it so far and easy to install.

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

Dang it that looks good!

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

Very nicely done! Your Bronco is a true throwback. Great story too!
Badlands 2dr, Sas, 2.7, Lux, Erupt Grn, Res 8/27/20, MY21-1/29/21
MY22-10/21/21, Sch 8/22/22, Blt 8/29/22, Ship 9/1/22, Del 9/16/22

Rank II

Feb 12, 2022

Well like most people on Bronco Nation my journey has been a long and winding one, but in the end I couldn't be happier. At the 2004 Detroit Auto Show I saw the concept and hoped that Ford would bring back the Bronco, little did I know it would take 17 years. Then came that fateful night of 7/13/2020, I had my PC ready to input my reservation at 8:00pm. After almost 4 hours of trying and not being able to get through I finally went to bed. The next morning I woke up, grabbed my phone from the night stand and the heaven's parted, the angels sang and I was able to place my reservation. My initial reservation was for a 4Dr WT. However, later after playing with the configurator decided the 4Dr BL w/SAS fit my needs (OK wants) best. When ordering opened, I placed my order for a 4Dr, BL, 2.7L, MIC, High Pckg, Tow in Cyber Orange. Like many received the letter that my build would be pushed to MY22. While not a surprise as I expected, I was disappointed. However, when the news that you could now have the SAS package with manual and they added Eruption Green I quickly go over the slight disappointment. Originally, I wanted a manual, but since you could not get it with the SAS, I had opted for the 10spd auto. The Eruption Green was the real game changer though. To try and make a long story short, this year will be 20 years since my father passed away. He was an all around great guy and wonderful father. One of his favorite vehicles (and mine as a young boy) was an early 1970 GMC Jimmy in metallic green with a white one-piece top and white steel wheels with chrome dog dish caps stamped GMC. It was a bare bones monster. Inside it had two white vinyl short back bucket seats, 4 spd manual tranny w/creeper gear and no carpet. Being he grew up in the depression era as one of the youngest of 10 kids on a farm he loved to MacGyver stuff and rarely got rid of something. I remember hearing many times "there'll be a use for that someday". So after laying a carpet remnant in the back bed area, he cut down the legs of a couple of lawn chairs (the old style aluminum with webbing) and bolted them to a couple of 2x4s and that was the back seat. To this day one of favorite stories between my siblings is when my older sister was learning to drive and my brother and I were in the "lawn chairs". She popped the clutch (no judgement, I'm sure it was a beast) and both of us and the chairs tipped over backwards and banged our heads. Unfortunately, by the time I could drive it was gone so I never had a chance to drive.

So here is my tribute to my dad, his GMC Jimmy and a nod the Heritage Ford Bronco.

View attachment 28504View attachment 28505View attachment 28506View attachment 28507View attachment 28508
Fantastic job!!! I ordered the green black diamond. Can’t wait!!! Again damn good job on your rig

Gladesmen

Feb 12, 2022

She’s a real Beaut. Nice job. Are those steelies or an Aluminum look alike?
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

View attachment 28504View attachment 28505View attachment 28506View attachment 28507View attachment 28508
What a great story! Thank you for sharing that. Your Jimmy looks amazing!
2021 Big Bend / 4 Dr / Antimatter Blue / Soft Top / Manual
Reserve Date: 12/20/20 Order Date: 4/6/21 Blend Date: 8/6/21 Production Date (ReRelease): 9/24/21 Delivery date: 10/23/21

Rank V

Feb 12, 2022

She’s a real Beaut. Nice job. Are those steelies or an Aluminum look alike?
Aluminum, Fifteen52 Analog HD
Jakob1972

Standing Grumpy Face

Feb 12, 2022

Thanks for sharing your story. And nice job!!!!

GASQUATCH

May 28, 2022

Looks great. The white steel wheels are cool.
2022 Badlands / Sasquatch / 2.7 / Auto / 2DR / MIC / Bestop Trektop / LUX / 12000# Badland winch / in Hot Pepper Red