My dad received his VIN# before me....

JIOxfordWhite
Aug 06, 2022

Rank II

Aug 06, 2022

Venting session. Reservation holder in July 2020, converted MY21 to a MY22 order in September of 2021. Wildtrak is on order, recently removed the tow package to try and get the vehicle sooner. Meanwhile, my dad orders a base 2 door bronco 10 months ago...yesterday he informed me his dealer called and provided him the VIN number. Being Captain Obvious... something at @Ford Motor Company 's ordering process is not right. Super happy for my dad... but what gives!!!???
Reserved on 7/24/20; waited 905 days.
Wildtrak, 4 dr, 2.7L, HOSS, Fox shocks, LUX, SAS, removed > Tow Package, MIC, Oxford White. Amazing experience at Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin, TX '23
Deano Bronc, richtor
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 06, 2022

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 06, 2022

Venting session. Reservation holder in July 2020, converted MY21 to a MY22 order in September of 2021. Wildtrak is on order, recently removed the tow package to try and get the vehicle sooner. Meanwhile, my dad orders a base 2 door bronco 10 months ago...yesterday he informed me his dealer called and provided him the VIN number. Being Captain Obvious... something at @Ford Motor Company 's ordering process is not right. Super happy for my dad... but what gives!!!???
I can only assume “dealer allocation “ at this point.
I assume as you stated “his Dealer” called.
As in , your at a different dealership, with a different allocation waiting line.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.

Rank II

Aug 06, 2022

I can only assume “dealer allocation “ at this point.
I assume as you stated “his Dealer” called.
As in , your at a different dealership, with a different allocation waiting line.
Yes confirmed, we have two different dealers. How does the allocation thing work or impact builds?
Wildtrak, 4 dr, 2.7L, HOSS, Fox shocks, LUX, SAS, removed > Tow Package, MIC, Oxford White. Amazing experience at Bronco Off-Roadeo Austin, TX '23

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Aug 06, 2022

Yes confirmed, we have two different dealers. How does the allocation thing work or impact builds?

That's a loaded question! :rolleyes: I will defer to the expertise of others to put it in perspective.

I'm glad you're happy for your dad. Congratulations to your dad. Is he a Bronco Nation member?
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 06, 2022

If a dealership has for example “70” 2022 orders,
And Ford only allocated 45 units for that dealership.
Many will not make the cut for the 70.
The easy non constrained builds will be produced in order of the time the order was made.
Your has likely been viewed several times , but constrained items have had it put off till the next build cycle.
Eventually “because of your older order” it will get picked up.
you have a somewhat loaded Bronco.
Hang tough & don’t get thrown !
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc, JIOxfordWhite

Gladesmen

Aug 06, 2022

Have you tried to see if you have been picked up by checking the back door site. I found out I had a build 2 weeks before I got my email from ford last night.
If not you are probably running out of time to get a MY22 but it looks like there might be some good things coming to the MY23 and if you are in the head of that line it might be a good thing late MY22 early MY23 will only be a few weeks apart.
Congratulations to your Dad.
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Deano Bronc, 14U

Rank II

Aug 06, 2022

If a dealership has for example “70” 2022 orders,
And Ford only allocated 45 units for that dealership.
Many will not make the cut for the 70.
The easy non constrained builds will be produced in order of the time the order was made.
Your has likely been viewed several times , but constrained items have had it put off till the next build cycle.
Eventually “because of your older order” it will get picked up.
you have a somewhat loaded Bronco.
Hang tough & don’t get thrown !
Thank you for explaining. Are dealers usually open about their allocations if I inquire?

Rank II

Aug 06, 2022

Have you tried to see if you have been picked up by checking the back door site. I found out I had a build 2 weeks before I got my email from ford last night.
If not you are probably running out of time to get a MY22 but it looks like there might be some good things coming to the MY23 and if you are in the head of that line it might be a good thing late MY22 early MY23 will only be a few weeks apart.
Congratulations to your Dad.
I usually check this site multiple times a week (or day...sigh) Is this the backdoor site you're referring to or is there another? https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=

Member 2541 Jerry

Aug 06, 2022

Thank you for explaining. Are dealers usually open about their allocations if I inquire?
Some will,
But…
Generally No.
They don’t want you to take your business somewhere else.
But your already in the mix & I “assume “ your order is floating to the top.
At this point you “can not “ change dealerships and keep your early time stamp.
A few will say they have, but it seems to be rare circumstances.
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
JIOxfordWhite

Rank VI

Aug 06, 2022

This has more to do with a Base Bronco vs a Wildtrack. The Wildtrack has a lot of constraint items on it whereas the Base has very few.
BL EG 7MT 2.3L Lux O-=====-O Michigan
Order: 10/26/21, Blend: 8/8/22, Built: 8/30, Driveway: 9/20/22
JIOxfordWhite

Rank VI

Aug 06, 2022

10 people will have 12 answer. The true is you will get your Bronco when it comes. Unfortunately you can’t count on anything Ford or the dealer says. They have both proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are liars. is all of this negative , I don’t think so it’s just the reality. If you can be patient it will happen if it’s meant to be. Good luck.
JIOxfordWhite

No Ragerts

Aug 06, 2022

Plain and simple, I think Ford is just sexist - how else can they explain this?
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Deano Bronc, JIOxfordWhite

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

In a totally random system, random results will occur, simple. Join the other 120k folks who've yet to make much sense of any of it lol.
2D BL, Sas, 2.7l, High, Silver 10:22pm 7/13/20 Res, 1/31 2/7 2/14 2/28 3/7 build dates
built 3/11/22, delivered 4/16/22
Deano Bronc, Bronco 202?

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

well, I too had a reservation July 2020. Wild track, SQS, Lux, Tow, Mic hard top. Blue lightning or something like that. I too had mine switched to 2022. I figured since its a second year build some of the bugs will be worked out. My dealer called me and finally gave me my VIN last week and a build date of 8/24/22. I took a ride down there today and worked through the discounts etc. They have been totally transparent which I much appreciate. Future Ford Clovis CA.
So spending the rest of the day buying small accessories that I had always wanted. Excited, taking ownership. Entered my VIN into my Ford Dashboard and it showed where in the process ny Bronc was in.
Fingers crossed late Sept. pick up.
Need to renew my credit union check, the one I have now won't be good then.
Is this really happening?
WOW! waited this long....
2022 Wildtrack. Velocity Blue, Hard Top Mic, Tow Pkg. Lux, Res 7/2020, Build date 08/24/2022.
Im a lucky Dog
JIOxfordWhite, Crawler Green

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Oh but now a monthly payment....been so long since Ive had one of those!
2022 Wildtrack. Velocity Blue, Hard Top Mic, Tow Pkg. Lux, Res 7/2020, Build date 08/24/2022.
Im a lucky Dog
14U

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

I have waited 2 years to purchase a deprecating product....whats wrong with me?
Im a lucky Dog
okie4570, Bronco 202?

No Ragerts

Aug 06, 2022

I have waited 2 years to purchase a deprecating product....whats wrong with me?
Actually, it will initially appreciate until production increases and then it will be a typical vehicle and depreciate quickly!
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)

Rank V

Aug 06, 2022

Actually, it will initially appreciate until production increases and then it will be a typical vehicle and depreciate quickly!

Yup...
Im a lucky Dog
Bschurr

Gladesmen

Aug 08, 2022

I usually check this site multiple times a week (or day...sigh) Is this the backdoor site you're referring to or is there another? https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=
That looks like it. Can’t check it till I get back to my computer
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery