My ‘21 BSB Ownership Thread

benjaminkrawiec
Apr 18, 2021

Rank V

Apr 18, 2021

In this feed I’ll detail the ownership experience of my ‘21 BSB. I took delivery a few days ago and am loving it so far!

Attachments

Bschurr, Bronco_Girl
Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021

Life is a Highway

Apr 18, 2021

In this feed I’ll detail the ownership experience of my ‘21 BSB. I took delivery a few days ago and am loving it so far!
Can’t wait to see your journey!
Will1966, 14U

Rank V

Apr 21, 2021

IMG_5225.jpgIMG_5227.jpgIMG_5238.jpgIMG_5242.jpgIMG_5245.jpg
A few photos I took this morning while out for a short hike. Snow in April in Michigan... classic! Odometer is sitting around 300mi right now. Planning to do an extended first impressions posts at 1000mi. Hoping to get a trip across the state in during that window. Stay tuned!
TheShark, katie the bronco

Rank V

Apr 22, 2021

Great pic's! Enjoy!
Will1966, benjaminkrawiec

Rank V

May 25, 2021

Welp, I hoped to do an update and post my initial thoughts and driving impressions around 1,000mi, but things got busy… so here are my thoughts on my Badlands after nearly 3,000mi of venturing around Michigan:

-I really appreciate all of the different storage solutions this vehicle has. From the lasso hooks in the trunk to the under seat storage in the 2nd row, it’s great to be able to carry a lot of gear with you every day and have it tucked away nice and tidy.
-The looks of this vehicle are indisputably well-received. Everyone loves it, especially in the bright Area 51 color I ordered. I’m constantly receiving good feedback from random bystanders at gas stations, rest stops, and trailheads.
-I have experience fuel economy far better than the EPA rating of 26 while cruising on the highway. Commonly I’ve seen around 29 after extended drives but on occasion I’ve seen as high as 32! The city rating of 21 seems to be pretty accurate.
-This car is easy and fun to drive. The power is extremely sufficient. With the exception of a slight blind spot behind the 2nd row window, visibility is very good too. It rides very truck-like and I mean that in a good way. Previously I had a 2019 Escape and although this shares that platform, the ride and driving dynamic are nothing alike.
-I optioned the upgraded Badlands Package on my vehicle which includes the leather seats. They are saddle brown, look great, and are pretty comfortable too! I also chose the CoPilot360+ which includes adaptive cruise control with lane centering. This system is very good and makes highway driving an ease, even in traffic jams.

All in all, I am very happy with this vehicle thus far. I have not had any issues up until this point (knock on wood) but will be sure to share if I ever do. I hope my feedback helps anyone who was on the fence about ordering/purchasing a BS for themself. I hope to take mine off-road later this summer (possibly the Silver Lake Sand Dunes) and will share more off-road oriented feedback then!

Attachments

TheShark, Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

May 25, 2021

Welp, I hoped to do an update and post my initial thoughts and driving impressions around 1,000mi, but things got busy… so here are my thoughts on my Badlands after nearly 3,000mi of venturing around Michigan:

-I really appreciate all of the different storage solutions this vehicle has. From the lasso hooks in the trunk to the under seat storage in the 2nd row, it’s great to be able to carry a lot of gear with you every day and have it tucked away nice and tidy.
-The looks of this vehicle are indisputably well-received. Everyone loves it, especially in the bright Area 51 color I ordered. I’m constantly receiving good feedback from random bystanders at gas stations, rest stops, and trailheads.
-I have experience fuel economy far better than the EPA rating of 26 while cruising on the highway. Commonly I’ve seen around 29 after extended drives but on occasion I’ve seen as high as 32! The city rating of 21 seems to be pretty accurate.
-This car is easy and fun to drive. The power is extremely sufficient. With the exception of a slight blind spot behind the 2nd row window, visibility is very good too. It rides very truck-like and I mean that in a good way. Previously I had a 2019 Escape and although this shares that platform, the ride and driving dynamic are nothing alike.
-I optioned the upgraded Badlands Package on my vehicle which includes the leather seats. They are saddle brown, look great, and are pretty comfortable too! I also chose the CoPilot360+ which includes adaptive cruise control with lane centering. This system is very good and makes highway driving an ease, even in traffic jams.

All in all, I am very happy with this vehicle thus far. I have not had any issues up until this point (knock on wood) but will be sure to share if I ever do. I hope my feedback helps anyone who was on the fence about ordering/purchasing a BS for themself. I hope to take mine off-road later this summer (possibly the Silver Lake Sand Dunes) and will share more off-road oriented feedback then!

Excellent report! Thank you.
Curious. Do you have any plans to add a roof rack? I plan to use a Yakima LockNLoad size K on my Bronco. I am curious about wind noise and any other experiences with a roof rack.
TK1215, benjaminkrawiec

Rank V

May 25, 2021

Excellent report! Thank you.
Curious. Do you have any plans to add a roof rack? I plan to use a Yakima LockNLoad size K on my Bronco. I am curious about wind noise and any other experiences with a roof rack.

Down the line, yes, I do want to add a roof rack and box, probably a Yakima system, but haven’t looked into sizes yet. If anyone else has already done so with their vehicle, I’d also be curious about wind noise, mpg, cost, etc
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

May 25, 2021

Down the line, yes, I do want to add a roof rack and box, probably a Yakima system, but haven’t looked into sizes yet. If anyone else has already done so with their vehicle, I’d also be curious about wind noise, mpg, cost, etc

While waiting for my Bronco to be built, I started buying gear. One item I bought was a Yakima LockNLoad. So far, I observed the follow.
  • It is very well made.
  • Assembly was easy.
  • Buying via Amazon saved me a bundle of cash versus the Ford accessory catalog pricing. (Multiple Benjamins! ;) )
  • The design facilitates easy T-slot mounts which can be moved around as needed.
  • Happy so far!
Yakima Roof Rack - Project Complete. | Bronco Nation Forum (thebronconation.com)
TK1215

Rank V

May 25, 2021

While waiting for my Bronco to be built, I started buying gear. One item I bought was a Yakima LockNLoad. So far, I observed the follow.
  • It is very well made.
  • Assembly was easy.
  • Buying via Amazon saved me a bundle of cash versus the Ford accessory catalog pricing. (Multiple Benjamins! ;) )
  • The design facilitates easy T-slot mounts which can be moved around as needed.
  • Happy so far!
Yakima Roof Rack - Project Complete. | Bronco Nation Forum (thebronconation.com)
Very cool! Thanks for sharing, I am excited to see it on your vehicle once it arrives!
TK1215, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

After about 6 months of ownership I’ve hit 10k miles on my BS Badlands! Still haven’t gotten out of the “honeymoon phase” with this thing. Love walking up to it and always look back at it as I walk away lol. Have enjoyed camping with it a lot. The rubber flooring/seatbacks, thoughtful storage cubbys, and features like the flip up glass and LED lights built into the tailgate make for a great experience. The adaptive cruise control with lane centering is also great for long highway journeys! There was another thread that said it really well: this thing is like an REI store inside. It might not be the big Bronco, but it still has a TON going for it, and the reviews you see online prove it. Looking forward to more adventures and experiencing the harsh Michigan winters behind the wheel of it!

Attachments

TheShark, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Oct 18, 2021

Nice reviews benjaminkrawiec. I took delivery of my BL/BL last week and I'm feeling many of the same vibes. I came from a Outer Banks and the difference between the two cars is dramatic.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak
benjaminkrawiec

Rank V

Oct 18, 2021

Nice reviews benjaminkrawiec. I took delivery of my BL/BL last week and I'm feeling many of the same vibes. I came from a Outer Banks and the difference between the two cars is dramatic.
The difference between the OBX and BL really is huge! Especially considering the starting price is almost identical. The BL is definitely a better value for money imho

Rank III

Oct 18, 2021

The difference between the OBX and BL really is huge! Especially considering the starting price is almost identical. The BL is definitely a better value for money imho
With the OB you get more creature comforts as standard equipment, things you would have get the BL package to get. The real difference comes under the skin, the drivetrain and suspension. I guess the value comes with what you value. Get the BL package (Premium on '22) and you get it all.
2023 Bronco 4Dr Wildtrak
benjaminkrawiec