Advocate II

Oct 5, 2021
South Burlington, VT
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Travers
Member #

Love them or hate them, they do serve a purpose (especially in the northeast during winter).

So why do these cost ~$450 per pair (each - front and back) or $900 total (before tax and shipping)? The lowest price I've found is ~$370 for each pair or $740 in total.

Front, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-A
Rear, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-C

It is also unclear if the fender flare is included in the kit. Fender flare is in the diagram for parts, but again not clear what's included. Can't image why the fender flare would be replaced just for mud flaps.
Any alternatives to the Ford mud flaps would be appreciated.
Badlands with rock rails.
ML21130.png

byronpete21

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 10, 2021
Gillette, WY
First Name
Byron
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I looked on the Ford accessories webpage and it appears that that if you are willing to go without the fancy stamped metal plate you can get the mudguards for 49.99 a pair. That seems a bit more reasonable.

M66

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 5, 2021
South Burlington, VT
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Travers
Member #

I looked on the Ford accessories webpage and it appears that that if you are willing to go without the fancy stamped metal plate you can get the mudguards for 49.99 a pair. That seems a bit more reasonable.
Thanks. If you are referring to Part No: M2DZ16A550BB and M2DZ16A550AA, the description points out they are not compatible with rock rails (although the pictures shows them with rock rails). I'd actually rather have these than the logo type.

jd-ford-hd

Rank IV

Promoter III

Oct 5, 2021
Tennessee
First Name
Den
Last Name
Den
Love them or hate them, they do serve a purpose (especially in the northeast during winter).

So why do these cost ~$450 per pair (each - front and back) or $900 total (before tax and shipping)? The lowest price I've found is ~$370 for each pair or $740 in total.
I have been wondering the very same thing.!

M66

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 5, 2021
South Burlington, VT
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Travers
Member #

Humm ok, i don't see that info anywhere though
I stand corrected - These are for the 2021 Bronco (not Sport), but are not compatible with rock rails. The hunt continues...

Ford: M2DZ-16A550-AA
PLEASE NOTE:
  • NOT compatible with side steps, rock rails, or any appearance package.
  • For use with Standard Fender Flare.

Tommy B

Rank III

Advocate II

Oct 6, 2021
Avon NY
First Name
thomas
Last Name
bartolini
Member #

I just got these but haven't had them installed yet for my Outer Banks, should be more clearer from Ford on what's going on with these.

cmiller81

Rank IV

Supporter II

Aug 12, 2021
ct
First Name
chris
Last Name
miller
Because people are stupid enough to spend that much on mud flaps. Weathertech or husky liner will probably come out with something

Reactions: Bronco 202?

Mikey Smith

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jan 3, 2021
Plymouth, MI, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith

Front, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-A
Rear, w/o step, w/rock rail - VM2DZ-16A550-C

It is also unclear if the fender flare is included in the kit. Fender flare is in the diagram for parts, but again not clear what's included. Can't image why the fender flare would be replaced just for mud flaps.
Any alternatives to the Ford mud flaps would be appreciated.
Badlands with rock rails.
View attachment 20281
Try Fairfield Ford outa Chicago. Even though Im a Ford salaried retiree and get 10%, they often do 15. And shipping is fast and not scam priced

Rayskia123

Rank 0
Dec 5, 2021
Akron, Summit County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Shaffer
I have tryed every option I could find and the 449 from ford is crazy so I went with 35dollar ones from online with silver ford on them the 49 ford ones won’t work with Sasquatch package and I would not pay 449 so the ones I got look ok and they do there purpose and protect the doors so just wanted to share

EZAPAR

Rank VI

Champion II

May 6, 2021
Federal Way, Washington
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Zapareski
Member #

I bought those. They are cheap CRAP, really thin plastic! I am going to return them. They require drilling in several places. The front ones actually require drilling into the side of the flares.

Crawler Green

Rank V

Champion III

Dec 9, 2021
Brighton, Michigan, USA
First Name
Allen
Last Name
Withington
Member #

Thanks. If you are referring to Part No: M2DZ16A550BB and M2DZ16A550AA, the description points out they are not compatible with rock rails (although the pictures shows them with rock rails). I'd actually rather have these than the logo type.
People have posted instructions for modifying them to fit with the step rails. I know I have seen instructions on the other, unmentionable, forum.