Movies with gen 1 Broncos

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

What movies are there with Gen 1 Broncos? ( I collect car movies)
I know the Eiger Sanction had a 1975 Ford Bronco Baja Bronco
Are there others?

Reactions: TorgSurv

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
Guadalupe River State Park TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Speed, Smoky and the Bandit (two of them), Dazed and Confused, Gargoyles, 50 First Dates, Jaws 2.........there were dozens of movies and TV series with them.
Hope floats has a 1st gen.
That bronco is the same one from dazed and confused.

Edit: I know the guy who’s dad owns that Bronco. He owned the white and blue Camaro in Dazed.

ared77

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 13, 2020
Central Kentucky
First Name
norm
Last Name
bush
Member #

There is also an early Bronco in the second season of "Goliath" a made for TV movie on Amazon. It stars Billy Bob Thorton and for what it's worth the first season was one of the best I've ever seen. Season two not quite as good...but it does have the Bronco!

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

Speed, Smoky and the Bandit (two of them), Dazed and Confused, Gargoyles, 50 First Dates, Jaws 2.........there were dozens of movies and TV series with them.
When I was a kid my mom would scratch on the roof of our 79 Bronco and say the Gargoyles were coming. I used to have it on dvd but now I think youtube is the only place to find the movie.

Timothy

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 14, 2020
North Palm Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Wayne
Speed had a Gen 1 Bronco? I don't remember it.
While not a Gen 1, I enjoyed seeing the concept Bronco in the movie with The Rock, Rampage
Concept Bronco from movie Rampage.png

They can do a lot with a concept vehicle, I heard it could only go like 35 MPH. In the movie I think it looks to go much faster, that's Hollywood.

Reactions: Bronc96

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

@gvanroy
Is there a story behind this photo?
View attachment 6760
Nothing special, just a pic my mom took when I was a kid. Some of the story is in the link.

Reactions: Timothy

allan

Rank V

Supporter III

Feb 26, 2020
Dearborn, MI, USA
First Name
Allan
Last Name
Dunlap
Member #

Charlie's Angels had one. Also, it is not a movie but the tv show Justified had a few throughout the series. In the first episode Walton Goggins rides around in one, and he ended up starring as John Bronco so maybe he is a big Bronco fan.