Moab Roadeo= Most Fun I've had in years

MountainOtter
Mar 17, 2022

Rank V

Mar 17, 2022

I've never done much of any real off roading in the past. I had a Subaru Outback that I could do some dirt trails with, loose rock, nothing real serious. So there has always been this question in my head. Would I actually enjoy off-roading at the more technical/serious level? Off-Roadeo helped me answer that question with a big fat YES! From the very first moment where I popped a wheel off the ground, I knew I made the right choice in ordering a Bronco.

I picked Lead Vehicle, not knowing it would be lead at the time. So it was certainly nerve wracking at first to be the one who has to approach a new obstacle for everyone else to watch. The first time I popped a wheel up was being instructed to get into a position to show the sway-bar disconnect in action. Which was quite a lot of fun, getting out of and back into the well off the ground Bronco. When I got back in the lead guide who rode co-pilot with me rocked the bumper while I had a wheel in the air. Which was a little intimidating, but actually quite fun bouncing up and down like that. As soon as I got that wheel up though, I was smiling, laughing with joy. That reaction just kept coming out of me all day.

Every obstacle we were guided through was a nice step up from the last. But I never felt scared or intimadated after the first one. All I felt was wanting to get it right, and happiness of course. Lunch was great, we all got to witness a surprise cattle drive down on the road way below. The cave we stopped at was really fascinating. What really made me feel good was the trail instructor telling me I made for a real good lead driver. I was picking great lines all day, never approaching anything too fast, keeping a good pace so the rest of the convoy didn't get in trouble by taking an obstacle too fast. Moab is jaw dropping, and I look forward to going back when I get my Bronco, in hopefully 2023, but we shall see.

The technology is amazing, but I was equally impressed with just what it can handle without any of that extra tech based assistance.

All my pictures and videos are here https://photos.app.goo.gl/zyFi7o1oXryKvmVh8

Also apologies for me forgetting names, I'm terrible with names. Great with faces.

1647559614818.png
2022 Badlands 2.3L 10Spd Auto Hot Pepper Red 4 door Mod Bumper Soft Top
Mal, TheShark
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2022

I want to go back!

Mar 17, 2022

Sounds like an amazing day!
MountainOtter

Beers, Broncos, and Battlestar Galactica

Mar 18, 2022

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, @MountainOtter! Until you've actually attended an Off-Roadeo, you don't fully realize how much fun it is. Educational, too. I was pleased to see how professional the trail guides were, and found their instruction and their demeanor very inspiring. It was enjoyable because you were taught to approach each obstacle as a technical challenge. But it also gave you an opportunity to see what the Bronco was capable of. Speed wasn't emphasized so much as traction, vehicle behavior and trail awareness. My confidence was easily doubled by the end of the day. Still want to get (lots of) practice using my own Bronco. One day soon, hopefully!

It looked like your group explored a different trail than the one my group did. Lord knows there are a TON of trails to choose from in Moab, so it's cool that there are so many options for the trail guides to consider. Now I'm gonna check out the link to your photos. Thanks for sharing this. Everyone should make a point of attending one of the Off-Roadeos!
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA
Deano Bronc, Bschurr

Rank VI

Mar 18, 2022

I’m signed up for it in May. Looking forward to it!
BuckYeah, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Mar 18, 2022

Thanks so much for sharing! I'll be out there on Sunday, the 3rd and CANNOT wait!
BuckYeah, MountainOtter

Rank V

Mar 18, 2022

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about, @MountainOtter! Until you've actually attended an Off-Roadeo, you don't fully realize how much fun it is. Educational, too. I was pleased to see how professional the trail guides were, and found their instruction and their demeanor very inspiring. It was enjoyable because you were taught to approach each obstacle as a technical challenge. But it also gave you an opportunity to see what the Bronco was capable of. Speed wasn't emphasized so much as traction, vehicle behavior and trail awareness. My confidence was easily doubled by the end of the day. Still want to get (lots of) practice using my own Bronco. One day soon, hopefully!

It looked like your group explored a different trail than the one my group did. Lord knows there are a TON of trails to choose from in Moab, so it's cool that there are so many options for the trail guides to consider. Now I'm gonna check out the link to your photos. Thanks for sharing this. Everyone should make a point of attending one of the Off-Roadeos!

My favorite obstacle has a video in the link. The one where I had a wheel in the air 4 times. I actually got to do it twice because the guide messed up recording it the first time around. Super happy I got to do it twice.

Maybe an event Bronco Nation could host some day is an Off-Roadeo reunion outing. Bunch of past attendees gather together with their long awaited personal Broncos and hit the Moab trails.
BuckYeah, Bonnie6G

Mar 18, 2022

My favorite obstacle has a video in the link. The one where I had a wheel in the air 4 times. I actually got to do it twice because the guide messed up recording it the first time around. Super happy I got to do it twice.

Maybe an event Bronco Nation could host some day is an Off-Roadeo reunion outing. Bunch of past attendees gather together with their long awaited personal Broncos and hit the Moab trails.

Great suggestion! I’d love a road trip in one of these beasts.
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch • 2-Door • Velocity Blue • 2.7L V6 • 10-Speed • Lux • Various Mods...
"True happiness is to enjoy the present, without anxious dependence upon the future." - SENECA

Rank V

Mar 18, 2022

Maybe when gas goes back down though lol

Mar 18, 2022

Maybe when gas goes back down though lol

Nah… just budget for it! ;)
MountainOtter, Deano Bronc

Rank II

Mar 18, 2022

Can you only get 1 free off rodeo trip? I have been in Feb to the Vegas one. I would like to go again on Ford's dime to Moab.
WT 4D EG lux mic tube steps Hoss 3.0 Res 7/17/2020
Order 1/21/21 Re-order 10/13/21 BD was 5/9 pushed to 5/23
MountainOtter

Rank V

Mar 18, 2022

Maybe when gas goes back down though
Can you only get 1 free off rodeo trip? I have been in Feb to the Vegas one. I would like to go again on Ford's dime to Moab.

Right now it's only one per Bronco bought or on order. But they were saying it's being looked into about multiple Roadeos.
JoergH

Rank IV

Mar 18, 2022

Right now it's only one per Bronco bought or on order. But they were saying it's being looked into about multiple Roadeos.
That would be awesome if in the future we could attend multiple Off-Roadeos. I would love to do Moab for more of the rock crawling experience (and scenery, etc) but am opting for NH because it has terrain more similar to where I live (Georgia). Still looking forward to it just as much though!!
MountainOtter