My Bronco Sport already needs body work :(

BadlandsGal
Sep 02, 2022

Rank I

Sep 02, 2022

HI! I have been living the Bronco life since March 2022 and LOVING IT! But .... one morning in May I noticed a very visible paint chip on my hood (thinking a rock got me on my driving around New England). So bummed about this, my baby is brand new! Tried to use the touch up pen but cyber orange is not an easy color to touch up! Have to get the hood stripped and painted .... want to protect the hood with protective film after the paint job is done. Anyone else but xpel on their Broncos?
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2.0L, Cyber Orange, Ebony/Roast Leather, 17" Aluminum Wheels | ordered 10/2021 / delivered 3/2022
Last edited by a moderator: Sep 02, 2022

Rank VI

Sep 02, 2022

I’m no help but it’s starting to sound like at least this CO color chips real easy (others have posted) hope it doesn’t end up like a 90’s Chevy with all the paint pealing :-( Good Luck
22 | Badlands | Cyber | NonSAS | MIC | 2.7 Auto | Lux | Leather | Tow |
Res: 07/27/2020, Order: 11/04/2021, Sched: 8/8, Re-Sched: 8/15, In-Prod: 8/15, Blend: 8/19, Mods: 8/23, Chip Hold: 9/29, Built: 10/3, Ship: 10/4, Train #: 10/5, Delivered: 10/20.
BadlandsGal

Rank 0

Sep 02, 2022

Welcome... new here myself just saw the note on the your chip, sorry to hear. I was talking to a body guy in Malden about that color and he said that Cyber Orange chips easy. Bummer. That sparkle, top coat make it tough to level and blend. If it is bad, you may have to live with the best you can or have a body shop resurface and blend. Great color though. I haven't used the Xpel, but it looks like it's gotten a lot better lately in the concealment. Might not be a bad option, for a cost, of course.
BadlandsGal

Rank V

Sep 05, 2022

It is a nice color. I really hope that is just an impression someone has about paint chipping more easily than other colors. Best of luck to you!
BadlandsGal

Rank I

Sep 06, 2022

Welcome... new here myself just saw the note on the your chip, sorry to hear. I was talking to a body guy in Malden about that color and he said that Cyber Orange chips easy. Bummer. That sparkle, top coat make it tough to level and blend. If it is bad, you may have to live with the best you can or have a body shop resurface and blend. Great color though. I haven't used the Xpel, but it looks like it's gotten a lot better lately in the concealment. Might not be a bad option, for a cost, of course.
Thanks .... I actually dropped the truck off to fix it .... I need my Badlands in perfect condition!!!! I did want to mention something else that I noticed on the interior .... I will post that next ....
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2.0L, Cyber Orange, Ebony/Roast Leather, 17" Aluminum Wheels | ordered 10/2021 / delivered 3/2022

Rank I

Sep 07, 2022

It is a nice color. I really hope that is just an impression someone has about paint chipping more easily than other colors. Best of luck to you!
I loooove the color! I tried to see it in the safer colors (black, white, red) before I placed my order but I do not regret my decision! Between the exterior and the brown leather interior, etc .... It really is one of the colors that the Sport is made for! :)