rear facing lights

rayhil67
Aug 25, 2022

Rank IV

Aug 25, 2022

Looking for your ideas for rear mounting light. I have a 2dr BD with stock bumper, I live on a mountain side so when backing up my driveway im going up a 60 degree angle then have a sharp right hook to garage. As i have no issues in daylight at night with the windows tinted this is going to be issue in winter months. thinking like a 6" to 6.5" single mini bar but not sure where it would look good at.. anybody do this yet have pic maybe??????
Howdy
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2022

Rank V

Aug 25, 2022

Looking for your ideas for rear mounting light. I have a 2dr BD with stock bumper, I live on a mountain side so when backing up my driveway im going up a 60 degree angle then have a sharp right hook to garage. As i have no issues in daylight at night with the windows tinted this is going to be issue in winter months. thinking like a 6" to 6.5" single mini bar but not sure where it would look good at.. anybody do this yet have pic maybe??????
I want to do this too! Watching this thread for sure.
Howdy

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 25, 2022

Where are you planning on putting the lightbar? I have seen some nice low lights (slung under the bumper), and I think @4x4TruckLEDs.com carries a back up light set that sits in the spare tire, but I dont remember seeing a light bar on the backend yet.
2023 Wildtrak. "Sometimes you got to get lost, to get found" -J Bronco
radar3d, Howdy

Rank XII

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 25, 2022

Thats an option too. I havent seen anyone cut into the plastic rear bumper yet, but that would be a nice clean set up when done.
KennyMac, rayhil67

Gladesmen

Aug 25, 2022

These guys had one of their C1 mounted in the receiver hitch but I can’t find the picture right now. that might be a good spot. I think it looks cool too.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-c1-white-pro-standard-led-pod-pair.html
Bronco Nation 1100. Everglades, Desert Sand
Res: 7/30/20 ordered 1/22/21 reorder 10/15/21 changed to Everglades 3/9/22 schedule 8/29/22 bumped to 9/5; 9/7/22 blend, 9/9 Mods, 9/26/22 completed, 10/7 shipped, 11/3/22 delivery
Mal, Howdy

Rank IV

Aug 25, 2022

Where are you planning on putting the lightbar? I have seen some nice low lights (slung under the bumper), and I think @4x4TruckLEDs.com carries a back up light set that sits in the spare tire, but I dont remember seeing a light bar on the backend yet.
want to avoid under bumper to easily broken was hoping to put it on top of the break light above spare or on bumper under spare
Howdy

Rank IV

Aug 25, 2022

Thats an option too. I havent seen anyone cut into the plastic rear bumper yet, but that would be a nice clean set up when done.
if they mount flush you would only need to drill into bumper to run wire..... I like this option
Howdy

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 25, 2022

if they mount flush you would only need to drill into bumper to run wire..... I like this option
Well, it would be a bit more than drilling. You would have to cut out the space to fit the lights. If you are thinking about this, you would need the measurements of the lights and then start poking around in the bumper to figure out where there is enough space to fit everything. Its doable, but it will be move involved than just drilling a couple holes.
KennyMac, Howdy

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2022

Harbor Freight has a 4.5 or six inch (I don't remember exactly). They also have a single, four-LED, "pod". They are inexpensive, well-made, and provide more light than you need.
2022 Jeep JLR, manual with even more extra guacamole
Sold - 2021 Jeep JLR, manual w/extra guacamole

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2022

Here you go. I have the three inch pod and six inch bar. They're $25-ish.

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?q=roadshock

Rank V

Aug 25, 2022

We just got our Bronco last week so I’m not 100% on this without further investigation. I would go with BD S1 mounted flush in the bumper.

I did this on my F150 - it’s bright and clean looking.

3B8AD3FF-D20A-4E0D-884B-75107B322968.jpeg

There’s a trailer hitch solution also if you have one.

https://specialtyperformanceparts.com/products/universal-hitch-reverse-light-kit
I’m not a fan of the lights that mount below the bumper.
rayhil67, KennyMac

Rank V

Aug 25, 2022

Our rigids installed in the slots provided on 4WP rear bumper. Not worried about them breaking. You could install a small metal mesh screen for added protection though its not really necessary. Wired to aux switch. These + OEM rear back up lights = plenty bright at night.
20211025_125123.jpg
2021Bronco☆2.3☆BL☆7MT☆4D☆A51☆SoftT☆ARRIVED 9/9/21☆SOLD 1/21/23☆NT Supports▪Consults▪Supply's Car Dealers, Vehicle Distributors, and Retail Customers Since 1992
KennyMac, Howdy

Rank XII

Aug 25, 2022

Another surface choice - I've used these too on plastic bumpers - these surface mounts come with a steel backer plate that the bolts go through inside the bumper to maintain rigidity (if any is even lost). There's a 2" version if you don't like them this wide. I often select Black Oak LEDs - high quality products, great folks from Florida, often provide discounts, always giving 25% off to us veterans.

https://www.blackoakled.com/collect...t-spreader-light-black-oak-led-pro-series-2-0
KennyMac, Speed Devil

Rank VI

Aug 25, 2022

Wow, those are pricey!

Trusted and Carefree

Aug 25, 2022

I wonder if you could get enough light out of a pair of flush mounted rock lights on the bumper, or even a pair right under the bumper.

https://www.kchilites.com/cyclone-led-2-light-universal-under-hood-lighting-kit-kc-355.html
https://www.kchilites.com/kc-c-series-rgb-led-rock-light-kit-6-pc-339.html
Here are the KC links, but then I am a well-known KC Lights fanboy. Other options may work too.

Rank V

Aug 25, 2022

Mount something in your spare tire. Or maybe you could get a bracket to hook into where the roof rack is supposed to goand mount a light on each side?

Rank V

No Ragerts

Aug 26, 2022

I started working on a custom bracket that mounts to the spare tire to accommodate a 6” light bar but never finished. This thread is a good reminder to re-engage this project. I plan to include a waterproof molex connector and run a wire through the tailgate to the Aux wire in the passenger side rear panel and possibly even wire it in series to the reverse light so it can either be engaged with reverse or the Aux switch as needed.
- 2023 Raptor / Shadow Black / MGV (DOB 8/30/23)
- 2023 Heritage Limited Edition / Robin’s Egg Blue / 4dr / (stolen from my dealer 11/15/23)
Mal

Rank IV

Aug 26, 2022

I wonder if you could get enough light out of a pair of flush mounted rock lights on the bumper, or even a pair right under the bumper.

https://www.kchilites.com/cyclone-led-2-light-universal-under-hood-lighting-kit-kc-355.html
https://www.kchilites.com/kc-c-series-rgb-led-rock-light-kit-6-pc-339.html
Here are the KC links, but then I am a well-known KC Lights fanboy. Other options may work too.

The 6 pods are an interesting choice, could do 2 on each side of the bumper also like the 2 under hood lights i could mount the to the wheel of the spare..

I started working on a custom bracket that mounts to the spare tire to accommodate a 6” light bar but never finished. This thread is a good reminder to re-engage this project. I plan to include a waterproof molex connector and run a wire through the tailgate to the Aux wire in the passenger side rear panel and possibly even wire it in series to the reverse light so it can either be engaged with reverse or the Aux switch as needed.

This was the same idea I had, was hoping to cheat and see how someone else did it!!!!!!!!
Mal