Michigan Bronco Association

Mattwings
Jan 17, 2022

Rank VI

Jan 17, 2022

For anyone interested in Broncos in or around MI we are starting a group that spans the different forums and Facebook group to bring Bronco owners together.

You can join with this link and your email, name, short name and city/zip code can be shared across members. We will also try and email events and information to those emails along with posts in Bronco Nation, Bronco 6G and the MI Bronco Facebook group (I will ask Yeet to link that here @yeet)

Here is the membership form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vVgxUCwz5LMML5DTb8ok4xJnhP2G4MaGM6TqN9ksC_E/edit
More details and info to come. Let us know if you have any suggestions, questions or edits.
LorettaG, AllthePonies
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2022

Rank V

Jan 17, 2022

Is Facebook the only way to communicate with this group? I see you are using Google as well. Let me know.

Thanks...Dave

Rank IV

Jan 17, 2022

Thanks @Mattwings for posting. The FB group is here. We’ll be posting events in as many places as possible. A lot of Bronco enjoyers on FB that don’t use the forums
4DR - OBX - LUX - AMB - 2.3L
IG/@blue.bronco
StickerFab 5% Off Code: bluebronco5​

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2022

Is Facebook the only way to communicate with this group? I see you are using Google as well. Let me know.

Thanks...Dave
We will communicate via Facebook, Bronco Nation, B6G and email for now. The group list is to bridge any groups and give access to anyone interested that doesn’t do any of the above groups.

Rank VI

Jan 18, 2022

Awesome thank you!! I've been looking for a way to connect without having to use Facebook.
We will likely need to set up a basic website to post updates and share "club" info. Then leverage the various other social media outlets for communication and new member visibility. Seems like we have several people with valuable skills, willing to help.

Rank V

Jan 18, 2022

Good to hear FB is not the only tool. Thanks
Mattwings

Rank VI

Jan 19, 2022

We have 30 signed up so far.(y)
Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Jan 21, 2022

From our fellow Bronco enthusiast:

o the website for our group is coming along:

https://www.michiganbroncos.club

Before the site construction (within the framework of the site template that’s being discussed), I was noodling on some of the content aspects. Wonder if I could get your input, or maybe from our users. A site is most well served when it actually fills the content needs of its audience: us! So feel free to forward to those whose input you’d like. :)

Here’s the notes I have so far…

===========
Planning Notes
===================================

Areas of focus:

Calendar / Events
-> Description
-> Registration
-> Member List with details (only certain info viewable if logged in, for privacy.)

Channels.
================
Note: Think of each “channel” as a table in a eatables. If I had a nightclub, I’ve have a channel for rooms, one for singers, and one for calendar. In “scheduling” I’d link each of these entries together as needed. All of this is malleable, of course.
================
- Events
- Name
- Date
-> [Linked Location field to Trails/Sites below]
-> Timeline / Itineary
-> Tickets? (No $ tho. Would have to redirect, since I don’t want to locally host financial transactions, tbh.

- Trails / Sites
-> Name
-> Location
-> Difficulty rating
-> Description
-> Trail Difficulty
-> GAIA / OnX / technical trail map links
-> Checklist of required items (lockers / +2 in lift / MT tires / etc). Will be a list checkboxes, maybe
-> Comments
-> Highlighted comments or “trail hints”

- Members
-> Screenname
-> Contact info??
-> Rig details / mods and shit.

Open to feedback on what kind of information would be most useful to our fellow Michigan Bronco owners in Michigan.

- Jake

You can use the email group, message Jake directly or post here and I will try an incorporate or include all the feedback.

Rank V

Jan 27, 2022

A couple questions. When will the first meeting be held? I asked in the email you send if there will be local state chapters? If the answer is yes, then I like the state logo with the Bronco, and the chapter could print their name in the UP portion of the logo.

Thanks,
Dave

Rank VI

Jan 27, 2022

A couple questions. When will the first meeting be held? I asked in the email you send if there will be local state chapters? If the answer is yes, then I like the state logo with the Bronco, and the chapter could print their name in the UP portion of the logo.

Thanks,
Dave
That all remains to be decided, we are going to stand up a website next. After that we can get a little more granular and the set up and what the group would like to do. I would say it’s very grass roots with lots of people contributing to the ideas and eventual group make up. I was also thinking we could use the MI map as a ride sticker (like helmet stickers or fighter plane “kill” marks).

Rank V

Jan 27, 2022

That all remains to be decided, we are going to stand up a website next. After that we can get a little more granular and the set up and what the group would like to do. I would say it’s very grass roots with lots of people contributing to the ideas and eventual group make up. I was also thinking we could use the MI map as a ride sticker (like helmet stickers or fighter plane “kill” marks).
As long as the kill marks don't indicate damaged Broncos!! ;)
Mattwings