Many canceling orders upon delivery

CalvinO
Aug 01, 2021

Rank I

Aug 01, 2021

So stopped into my dealer today for a key fob issue with my f350 and what do I see?!?!? A black diamond 4dr soft top sitting at the front door!!!! Went in an inquired about it instantly it came in 4 days ago and there were literally people at the table handling the purchase paperwork to walk out with it today! So my dealership has been getting the bronco in now a little at a time and has 20 scheduled to come in over the next month. What has been happening is people are backing out of their orders left and right. Making the ones that come in a free for all… and they are going instantly to those here. ( this is Fall River mass) I talk to one of the sales people all the ones coming in are 4rd soft tops .. nothing better than a black diamond all soft tops ( I have a 2dr wildtraks order ) no sign in sight of coming in I placed order on the 6th day of reservations… so although I was beyond happy to finally see the bronco in person and my god it was heavenly I was also super depressed that I don’t have any idea when I will get to see my own… so to all the admins seeing this I am forever a reservation holder waiting for my wildtraks hopeful and humble please send help! 0BB4C701-3C92-4AC8-9338-A26C96EF14E2.jpeg7C6FA3F4-0212-4319-83D8-212FF51604EF.jpegFF6D904D-E3A3-47EF-94BA-6B34CA75A0B0.jpegF5EBB590-D2C7-44C3-A0E4-0E86740C4637.jpegE46A3CB5-FBF1-4695-8081-E59B7F0C26E1.jpeg24819105-81F6-49C7-8E37-3ED5A77AD728.jpegEBC22732-5A1D-4285-BCD3-D75BDD94CB39.jpeg97E66EB7-69D8-4616-AF47-0F6E126A5102.jpeg
Regularbronco, TyFitzO
Last edited by a moderator: Aug 01, 2021

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2021

I’m thinking we’ll see individuals that work for dealerships, that ordered on for themselves, one for their wife, etc “cancel” their order for floor stock at the dealer. This was before they knew they’d get floor stock prior to many reservation holders.

My dealer had their first one come in a week ago and said it was a cancelled reservation and someone bought it immediately. I’m betting it was a priority reservation and somehow that person they picked for a priority just happened to cancel. Things don’t line up to me.
jbryant, cindylou

Rank I

Aug 02, 2021

I’m thinking we’ll see individuals that work for dealerships, that ordered on for themselves, one for their wife, etc “cancel” their order for floor stock at the dealer. This was before they knew they’d get floor stock prior to many reservation holders.

My dealer had their first one come in a week ago and said it was a cancelled reservation and someone bought it immediately. I’m betting it was a priority reservation and somehow that person they picked for a priority just happened to cancel. Things don’t line up to me.
My dealership has has a few cancel this far they have 20 more coming in over the next month. They are saying that people are canceling because the orders took to long or they couldn’t wait and went out and bought another. The good thing I found with my dealership is that when they are canceling that they are calling other reservation holders and giving them priority dibs so to say. If no one wants the Oder then it will go to anyone… none of the cancelled orders have lasted more than a day yet…
BC33, Bronco_Girl

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2021

My dealership has has a few cancel this far they have 20 more coming in over the next month. They are saying that people are canceling because the orders took to long or they couldn’t wait and went out and bought another. The good thing I found with my dealership is that when they are canceling that they are calling other reservation holders and giving them priority dibs so to say. If no one wants the Oder then it will go to anyone… none of the cancelled orders have lasted more than a day yet…
It would surprise me if people are cancelling with only 30 days left. I also would be surprised if any and all dealers could not sell a 2021 Bronco.
Bronco Nation Member #0000
Instagram: bdawson24
BC33, Gunninja1

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2021

Here we have a 2021 Bronco Wildtrak 4- Door for sale at the Ford dealer closest to me. According to the salesman, the reservation holder has changed his/her mind. The salesman is now selling it with a $10,000.00 markup. First of many? ;)

New Carbonized Gray Metallic 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak for Sale in Haverhill MA | 1FMEE5DP6MLA66743 | AutoFair Ford of Haverhill
LR48, Bronc96

Rank I

Aug 02, 2021

Here we have a 2021 Bronco Wildtrak 4- Door for sale at the Ford dealer closest to me. According to the salesman, the reservation holder has changed his/her mind. The salesman is now selling it with a $10,000.00 markup. First of many? ;)

New Carbonized Gray Metallic 2021 Ford Bronco Wildtrak for Sale in Haverhill MA | 1FMEE5DP6MLA66743 | AutoFair Ford of Haverhill
That’s pretty crazy that about an hour from where I work tempting times go look at it but no way I’m paying that crazy markup it’s doesn’t even have the stickers on the sides. I def see these things happening dealers are gonna be hiking up based on the overwhelming demand
BuzzyBud

Rank V

Aug 02, 2021

Just like that dude on YouTube... Mitchell Watts (sp?) with Town & Country Ford in Birmingham Alabama ... he said in one video he has two ordered. He also drives a super nice customized Raptor. So he's either raking in stupid $$ from YouTube, or he ordered one specifically to resell.
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Aug 02, 2021

I would also like to note that those rear windows on the soft top look like pure crap. Why are they so SAGGY?! :oops: Glad I held firm for the MIC top!
Wildtrak ⁞ 4 DR ⁞ HOSS 3.0 ⁞ Area51 ⁞ Lux+Leather ⁞ Tow ⁞ MIC+Sunrider Top ⁞ Res 5/11/21, Rec'd 9/30/22
GDavis, Crysled84

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2021

I would also like to note that those rear windows on the soft top look like pure crap. Why are they so SAGGY?! :oops: Glad I held firm for the MIC top!

You are correct, many potential buyers are concerned about the wavy rear windows. Some will be working with their dealers to swap out the Ford soft top for the Bestop twill and wait for the arrival of the MOD top in 2023. Seems like a reasonable approach. I guess where there is a will, there is a way.
For them they get a soft top with the prep package and potentially skip the quality concerns of the MIC top. No one knows the best approach, but there may be many different paths to the same end point. End point being, a Happy Bronco Owner! :)
ChapEJF, Bronc96

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 02, 2021

So stopped into my dealer today for a key fob issue with my f350 and what do I see?!?!? A black diamond 4dr soft top sitting at the front door!!!! Went in an inquired about it instantly it came in 4 days ago and there were literally people at the table handling the purchase paperwork to walk out with it today! So my dealership has been getting the bronco in now a little at a time and has 20 scheduled to come in over the next month. What has been happening is people are backing out of their orders left and right. Making the ones that come in a free for all… and they are going instantly to those here. ( this is Fall River mass) I talk to one of the sales people all the ones coming in are 4rd soft tops .. nothing better than a black diamond all soft tops ( I have a 2dr wildtraks order ) no sign in sight of coming in I placed order on the 6th day of reservations… so although I was beyond happy to finally see the bronco in person and my god it was heavenly I was also super depressed that I don’t have any idea when I will get to see my own… so to all the admins seeing this I am forever a reservation holder waiting for my wildtraks hopeful and humble please send help! View attachment 16291View attachment 16292View attachment 16293View attachment 16294View attachment 16295View attachment 16296View attachment 16297View attachment 16298
It is sad to see cancelled orders going to new buyers rather than to the list of reservation/buyers patiently waiting for their orders to be built. I understand why people are cancelling, as that is to be expected, But, I hate seeing them go to walk up buyers.
reganlomack, ZA-Val

Rank III

Aug 02, 2021

If anyone sees any two door hard tops with manual transmission let me know. Who the hell knows when my bronco will be made. I’d totally buy a cancelled order
reganlomack, doublebullout

Rank Benevolent Dictator

Aug 02, 2021

That is a dealership that I would support. Good for them to offer the cancelled orders to their reservation holders. I only wish all dealerships would show this integrity and strong business practices.
Bz724, Bronco_Girl

Rank I

Aug 02, 2021

The pictures I took don’t really do good but u are correct the back window is saggy as well as the sides were very wobbly to look at .. I did push on the sides they had a lot of play … I told the guy who bought it that they were making a conversion kit for the soft to hard top .. told him it may be a few years before he sees it though . He is going to look into it
LR48, Bronc96

Rank IV

Aug 02, 2021

A lot of dealers are doing a 5-10k markup for Broncos that aren’t getting picked up by the original orders
BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Aug 02, 2021

The pictures I took don’t really do good but u are correct the back window is saggy as well as the sides were very wobbly to look at .. I did push on the sides they had a lot of play … I told the guy who bought it that they were making a conversion kit for the soft to hard top .. told him it may be a few years before he sees it though . He is going to look into it
It is my understanding, Webasto makes all the OEM tops for the 2021 Bronco. The hard tops for the 2 and 4 door as well as the soft top for the 4 door. Perhaps that explains everything! ;)
Bronc96, KennyMac

Rank 0

Aug 02, 2021

I work at a dealership and if we have any cancelled orders we are offering to the rest of our reservation holders and order holder be fore anyone from the general public gets a shot. also nothing over MSRP.
rk105rider, glamosaurus

Rank V

Aug 02, 2021

I'm good with that unless the reservation from the buyer who chose to take someone else's build doesn't get cancelled entirely. That just potentially keeps that order in front of the rest of us reservation holders and will go to a dealer as one of a limited allocation.
4DR BL-Cactus Gray - Sas - 2.7 - 10 Spd - Lux - Soft Top
Res 7/14 - Ord 1/20 - VIN 8/26 - Sticker 10/12 - Blend 10/18
Bronc96, BuzzyBud

Rank V

Aug 02, 2021

It is my understanding, Webasto makes all the OEM tops for the 2021 Bronco. The hard tops for the 2 and 4 door as well as the soft top for the 4 door. Perhaps that explains everything! ;)

I believe you understand correctly... Ford has basically told them to "Move" (ala SNL's Nick Burns, company computer guy)...
https://broncobastards.com/blogs/ne...-taking-over-the-webasto-plant-in-plymouth-mi
(apologies to admins if I should not post that link... I don't mean to offend anyone)
CalvinO, Bronc96

Rank V

Aug 02, 2021

I wonder how many reservations were just flippers and dealer "shadow buyers?" 10%? 25%? It's not like there is a way to know. But it seems suspicious that legitimate reservation/order holders would cancel a year's wait because of ...wavy windows, or whistling mirrors.
Crysled84, Speed Devil

Moab or bust!!!

Aug 02, 2021

I wonder how many reservations were just flippers and dealer "shadow buyers?" 10%? 25%? It's not like there is a way to know. But it seems suspicious that legitimate reservation/order holders would cancel a year's wait because of ...wavy windows, or whistling mirrors.
It's hard to say. Many could have cancelled long ago but the dealership never "officially" canceled the order. Basically the same thing the dealership is doing with Slashracer's initial reservation.
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
Bronc96, KennyMac