Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 14, 2020
Oregon
First Name
Will
Last Name
Bishop
I thought I read that the black diamond has manual seats so that the whole interior could be washed out. Is this true? As much as I like the idea of being able to washout the interior, I also value power seats... And having a carpet underneath and on the back sides of the second row seats and in the rear cargo area pretty much defeats the purpose.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I thought I read that the black diamond has manual seats so that the whole interior could be washed out. Is this true? As much as I like the idea of being able to washout the interior, I also value power seats... And having a carpet underneath and on the back sides of the second row seats and in the rear cargo area pretty much defeats the purpose.
Correct, BD has manual seats as well as all 2 dr Broncos. Power seats are available only on the 4 dr Broncos when leather is selected is my understanding.

wvgbishop

Rank 0

Advocate II

Dec 14, 2020
Oregon
First Name
Will
Last Name
Bishop
Once the seats are adjusted you never touch them again. Power seats adds weight and complexity.
Except when you share your car with others who adjust them... But agreed that it's not that big of a deal
Power seats are available only on the 4 dr Broncos when leather is selected is my understanding.
So even the cloth seats are manual? Is that standard on wranglers as well? Coming from an '08 Exploder, I thought everyone had power seats these days

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Except when you share your car with others who adjust them... But agreed that it's not that big of a deal

So even the cloth seats are manual? Is that standard on wranglers as well? Coming from an '08 Exploder, I thought everyone had power seats these days
Yes, cloth are manual on the Bronco. Ford's reason on the washout interior was no electronics on the floor due to moisture concern.

Not sure on Wrangler...not well versed in Jeep, but I would think is similar.

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

Yes, cloth are manual on the Bronco. Ford's reason on the washout interior was no electronics on the floor due to moisture concern.

My conundrum is that I think at least in the obx, the cloth seats look better or more unique. But I want automatic seats. Never easy with the Bronco

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

My conundrum is that I think at least in the obx, the cloth seats look better or more unique. But I want automatic seats. Never easy with the Bronco
I am with you, wish there was a little more flexibility on options so I could have it my way. Definitely having to make some compromises or the build cost gets astronomical pretty quick!

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

I have a 52 year old bronco, I put in power seats with marine vinyl! I can still wash it out, it's not quantum physics!View attachment 7110
The power seats in the gen 6 Bronco have the automatic seats integrated into sync4 system. I wonder if I get the power added aftermarket, if they can integrate that into the sync4 system so I can select my seat profile and it moves into where I set it (memory seats)

Reactions: Rhiostatic

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

The power seats in the gen 6 Bronco have the automatic seats integrated into sync4 system. I wonder if I get the power added aftermarket, if they can integrate that into the sync4 system so I can select my seat profile and it moves into where I set it (memory seats)
Interesting idea...sounds possible :unsure:

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

I never share my daily driver, so I don't think of those things.

The term Exploder was borrowed from an unreliable train in the mid 50s.
The Xplorer was an attempt by the New York Central (NYC) to modernize rail travel in Ohio and lure people out of their cars. The train was built by Pullman to their lightweight Train-X design, and was powered by a Baldwin RP-210 Diesel-hydraulic locomotive.
NYC crews called the lightweight train XPLORER the "EXPLODER"

ScottB@907

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 28, 2020
Eagle River, Anchorage, AK, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Breitsprecher
Power seats are included with all 4 door leather seats. They aren't available with any 2 doors, cloth or MGV seats. They aren't tied to a mid/high/lux package. You can get them on OBX, BL, WT and FE 4 doors.
Yep see it now, didn’t swipe right! Lol Well still don’t see why it’s not and option with the MGV seats. They made everything else in there water proof / resistant. I love the brown and black leather seats but MGV is better me and this rig. I also was set on the BD, or BL.

ScottB@907

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 28, 2020
Eagle River, Anchorage, AK, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Breitsprecher

It’s amazing all those smart guys at Ford couldn’t figure out how to put in electric seats due to worries of the moisture with the wash out floor..... that’s a lame excuse from Ford. IMO...

Advocate II

Nov 26, 2020
Upland, CA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Delgado
Member #

It’s amazing all those smart guys at Ford couldn’t figure out how to put in electric seats due to worries of the moisture with the wash out floor..... that’s a lame excuse from Ford. IMO...
i'm sure they could've... it probably would've added to the overall cost though

Reactions: Rydfree