Manual or Power Seats?

wvgbishop
Jan 07, 2021

Rank 0

Jan 07, 2021

I thought I read that the black diamond has manual seats so that the whole interior could be washed out. Is this true? As much as I like the idea of being able to washout the interior, I also value power seats... And having a carpet underneath and on the back sides of the second row seats and in the rear cargo area pretty much defeats the purpose.
Last edited by a moderator: Jan 07, 2021

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 07, 2021

Once the seats are adjusted you never touch them again. Power seats adds weight and complexity.
cbbronco70, Lou

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

I thought I read that the black diamond has manual seats so that the whole interior could be washed out. Is this true? As much as I like the idea of being able to washout the interior, I also value power seats... And having a carpet underneath and on the back sides of the second row seats and in the rear cargo area pretty much defeats the purpose.
Correct, BD has manual seats as well as all 2 dr Broncos. Power seats are available only on the 4 dr Broncos when leather is selected is my understanding.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue
Deano Bronc, tlowell01

Rank 0

Jan 08, 2021

Once the seats are adjusted you never touch them again. Power seats adds weight and complexity.
Except when you share your car with others who adjust them... But agreed that it's not that big of a deal
Power seats are available only on the 4 dr Broncos when leather is selected is my understanding.
So even the cloth seats are manual? Is that standard on wranglers as well? Coming from an '08 Exploder, I thought everyone had power seats these days
ScottB@907, Vigor

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

Except when you share your car with others who adjust them... But agreed that it's not that big of a deal

So even the cloth seats are manual? Is that standard on wranglers as well? Coming from an '08 Exploder, I thought everyone had power seats these days
Your car ... exploded?
the poacher, Rydfree

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

Your car ... exploded?
You're much closer reader than I am. When I read his comment, my mind totally read "explorer".
‘22, 4 door Badlands, 2.3l, MT, MIC top, lux, Sasquatch, tow. Velocity Blue.
Build Complete --> 5/5/2022. Delivered 5/25/2022.
Bronco Nation #1115
BroncoFred, Broncobren

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

Yes, cloth are manual on the Bronco. Ford's reason on the washout interior was no electronics on the floor due to moisture concern.

Not sure on Wrangler...not well versed in Jeep, but I would think is similar.
Badlands, 2 door, 2.3L, Manual, High, Non-SAS, Tow Package, Roof Rails, MIC, Velocity Blue

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

Yes, cloth are manual on the Bronco. Ford's reason on the washout interior was no electronics on the floor due to moisture concern.

My conundrum is that I think at least in the obx, the cloth seats look better or more unique. But I want automatic seats. Never easy with the Bronco
Deano Bronc, Bronc96

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

My conundrum is that I think at least in the obx, the cloth seats look better or more unique. But I want automatic seats. Never easy with the Bronco
I am with you, wish there was a little more flexibility on options so I could have it my way. Definitely having to make some compromises or the build cost gets astronomical pretty quick!
Vigor, Deano Bronc

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

I have a 52 year old bronco, I put in power seats with marine vinyl! I can still wash it out, it's not quantum physics!IMG_20200211_162453678.jpg
I thought I retired, then I started restoring my Bronco!
69 Bronco Sport Wagon 351w 3spd on the floor,
2nd owner same family!
Marmot, MANDO6

Rank V

Jan 08, 2021

I have a 52 year old bronco, I put in power seats with marine vinyl! I can still wash it out, it's not quantum physics!View attachment 7110
The power seats in the gen 6 Bronco have the automatic seats integrated into sync4 system. I wonder if I get the power added aftermarket, if they can integrate that into the sync4 system so I can select my seat profile and it moves into where I set it (memory seats)
Rhiostatic

Rank VI

Jan 08, 2021

The power seats in the gen 6 Bronco have the automatic seats integrated into sync4 system. I wonder if I get the power added aftermarket, if they can integrate that into the sync4 system so I can select my seat profile and it moves into where I set it (memory seats)
Interesting idea...sounds possible :unsure:

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Jan 08, 2021

I never share my daily driver, so I don't think of those things.

The term Exploder was borrowed from an unreliable train in the mid 50s.
The Xplorer was an attempt by the New York Central (NYC) to modernize rail travel in Ohio and lure people out of their cars. The train was built by Pullman to their lightweight Train-X design, and was powered by a Baldwin RP-210 Diesel-hydraulic locomotive.
NYC crews called the lightweight train XPLORER the "EXPLODER"
ATC Enthusiast, Deano Bronc

Rank 0

Jan 29, 2021

Correct, BD has manual seats as well as all 2 dr Broncos. Power seats are available only on the 4 dr Broncos when leather is selected is my understanding.
I looked the other night and I didn’t see PS anywhere, not even as part of LUX Pg

Rank IV

Jan 30, 2021

I looked the other night and I didn’t see PS anywhere, not even as part of LUX Pg

Power seats are included with all 4 door leather seats. They aren't available with any 2 doors, cloth or MGV seats. They aren't tied to a mid/high/lux package. You can get them on OBX, BL, WT and FE 4 doors.
ScottB@907, Buckin'

Rank 0

Jan 30, 2021

Power seats are included with all 4 door leather seats. They aren't available with any 2 doors, cloth or MGV seats. They aren't tied to a mid/high/lux package. You can get them on OBX, BL, WT and FE 4 doors.
Yep see it now, didn’t swipe right! Lol Well still don’t see why it’s not and option with the MGV seats. They made everything else in there water proof / resistant. I love the brown and black leather seats but MGV is better me and this rig. I also was set on the BD, or BL.

Rank 0

Jan 30, 2021

It’s amazing all those smart guys at Ford couldn’t figure out how to put in electric seats due to worries of the moisture with the wash out floor..... that’s a lame excuse from Ford. IMO...
Bronco 202?, ResidualGenius

Rank I

Mar 26, 2021

It’s amazing all those smart guys at Ford couldn’t figure out how to put in electric seats due to worries of the moisture with the wash out floor..... that’s a lame excuse from Ford. IMO...
i'm sure they could've... it probably would've added to the overall cost though
hello
Rydfree

Rank IV

Apr 17, 2021

i'm sure they could've... it probably would've added to the overall cost though
are you kidding me? $50+ car and we gonna have to crank the seat? what's next? manual windows and maybe a hole in the floor like the Flintstones?
TK1215, ResidualGenius

Libations MOD

Apr 17, 2021

are you kidding me? $50+ car and we gonna have to crank the seat? what's next? manual windows and maybe a hole in the floor like the Flintstones?
LMAO they already got a hole in the floor BTW on some models
WT HOSS 4dr 2.7 MIC Lux Tow
7/16/20 Res -- 1/22/21, 10/8/21 Order -- 3/24/22 VIN -- 5/9/22, 5/23/22, 5/16/22, 6/6/22, 6/17/22 Build 7/15/22 Delivered
Storm Factor - Never Stop Chasing! BrawnCo.Club 501c3 Pending
Bronco 202?, the poacher