Love my 1995

absmith0
Jun 22, 2021

Rank III

Jun 22, 2021

My son and I are restoring this not too bad 1995. We have a 6” USA Superlift on it and 35s.

Attachments

Xpathf1nderX, Jakob1972
Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2021

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 22, 2021

My son and I are restoring this not too bad 1995. We have a 6” USA Superlift on it and 35s.
Welcome to Bronco Nation! Thanks for posting pictures but please don't stop there. Looks like it is in great shape. What are your future plans for it?
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.

Rank III

Jun 22, 2021

Welcome to Bronco Nation! Thanks for posting pictures but please don't stop there. Looks like it is in great shape. What are your future plans for it?

We want to repaint it (white/white) and replace the window weather trim that has dry rotted. Also we want to replace the carpet that has an “old” smell to it. Any ideas of anything else would be appreciated.
Deano Bronc

Rank II

Jun 22, 2021

We want to repaint it (white/white) and replace the window weather trim that has dry rotted. Also we want to replace the carpet that has an “old” smell to it. Any ideas of anything else would be appreciated.
Rip out the carpet and line x the whole interior
absmith0

Rank III

Jun 22, 2021

Rip out the carpet and line x the whole interior
Great idea!! I didn’t think of that. Quick question if you don’t mind…..I have been a member for a year but just found the app this morning. I am signed in and reupped my membership this morning. However the member map still tells me (along with other places in the app) that if I would become a member I would have access to these areas. I look and I am signed in. I’m just confused. Wondering if it is a new guy mistake.
dwrock

Moab or bust!!!

Jun 22, 2021

Great idea!! I didn’t think of that. Quick question if you don’t mind…..I have been a member for a year but just found the app this morning. I am signed in and reupped my membership this morning. However the member map still tells me (along with other places in the app) that if I would become a member I would have access to these areas. I look and I am signed in. I’m just confused. Wondering if it is a new guy mistake.
You're not the only one that's had that problem but @dwrock can take care of you.(y)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 4D, Hot Pepper Red, 2.7, Squatch, Lux, and MIC.
7/13/2020 10:04pm reservation. Blend 6/16/2022 Delivered 6/26/2022.
Dealership - Stephen's Auto Center.
dwrock, absmith0
PHQ Team Staff member

Administrator

Jun 22, 2021

Morning Adam,

I went ahead and updated your profile to reflect your Membership access, you should be all set now!

-Dave
Xpathf1nderX, Deano Bronc

Rank III

Jun 22, 2021

Morning Adam,

I went ahead and updated your profile to reflect your Membership access, you should be all set now!

-Dave
Works perfect now. Thank you.
Deano Bronc, dwrock

Rank VI

Jun 24, 2021

I removed my Vinyl flooring and put down some POR 15 rust encapsualtor on the 1996. I was on the fence about putting the vinyl back in .... but hit it with some liquid back shoe polish and it came out AWESOME. Never been a fan of carpet in the Fullsize Bronco ... but I leave my rear window down all summer ... or just remove the top and let it rain in...... It it gets wet.. I really don't care.

I have seen guys go all the way to the other side and put down lizard skin under new carpet. I guess it is all your perference. This is a truck to me ... A little noise is expected.. and if I get some heat from underneath .. I roll the windows down.

https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/vinyl-flooring-ford-p/16642-340.htm
absmith0

Rank III

Jun 24, 2021

I removed my Vinyl flooring and put down some POR 15 rust encapsualtor on the 1996. I was on the fence about putting the vinyl back in .... but hit it with some liquid back shoe polish and it came out AWESOME. Never been a fan of carpet in the Fullsize Bronco ... but I leave my rear window down all summer ... or just remove the top and let it rain in...... It it gets wet.. I really don't care.

I have seen guys go all the way to the other side and put down lizard skin under new carpet. I guess it is all your perference. This is a truck to me ... A little noise is expected.. and if I get some heat from underneath .. I roll the windows down.

https://www.automotiveinteriors.com/vinyl-flooring-ford-p/16642-340.htm

Great idea. I want to be able to remove my top and not worry about rain. I think I will take the carpet out and not replace it but do something like what you and another member suggested. How do you remove your top easily? I purchased a “cherry picker” from the auto parts store. But my bronco has a 6 inch lift. The Cherry picker just barely get above it, but not enough.

Rank VI

Jun 25, 2021

Construt two saw horses that are a few inches above the top height and as wide as the top. Place one on either side of the Bronco. Remove bolts. The top weights about 150lbs so squat in the bed and place your back on the roof. Lift with your legs. Only have to lift it a few inches just enough for a helper to slide a 2x4 under the top and rest on the saw horses. Use 2 (2x4)'s to distribute the weight of the top. Now the top is resting on the saw horses and you can drive out from under it. When you want to re-install just drive back under and reverse the process. These tops are too heavy to be moving around.

I have seen a few members also construct a lift out of a winch .... in ther garage. Instead of using saw horses ... drill a few eye bolts throught the 2x4's. Once the top is resting on the 2x4's use a winch with a mounting point of the ceiling of the garage ( and hooked to the eye bolts) to slowly lift the top. Then drive out from under neath. It can be stored up by your garage roof untill reassembly.

Deano Bronc, absmith0

Rank III

Jun 25, 2021

Construt two saw horses that are a few inches above the top height and as wide as the top. Place one on either side of the Bronco. Remove bolts. The top weights about 150lbs so squat in the bed and place your back on the roof. Lift with your legs. Only have to lift it a few inches just enough for a helper to slide a 2x4 under the top and rest on the saw horses. Use 2 (2x4)'s to distribute the weight of the top. Now the top is resting on the saw horses and you can drive out from under it. When you want to re-install just drive back under and reverse the process. These tops are too heavy to be moving around.

I have seen a few members also construct a lift out of a winch .... in ther garage. Instead of using saw horses ... drill a few eye bolts throught the 2x4's. Once the top is resting on the 2x4's use a winch with a mounting point of the ceiling of the garage ( and hooked to the eye bolts) to slowly lift the top. Then drive out from under neath. It can be stored up by your garage roof untill reassembly.

Thank you for this.

Rank VI

Dec 29, 2021

This Gen was my earliest exposure to the Bronco when a family member got one in the late 2000s. Over the years it slowly lit a fire, the release of the new body just added oxygen to the fire. Looking good! Hopefully will add a 5th Gen to the stable next
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19
Deano Bronc

Member 2541 Jerry

Jun 06, 2022

V. I. R. T. U. A. L
“ Car Show & Swap Meet “
One Day Only SATURDAY June 11, 2022.
Meet at the Bronco Nation
“Email Libations thread.”
Tour the Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles.
Of all Eras.
Plenty of Parking for everyone!
Push it, Pull it ,Trailer it or Drive it.

The Itinerary

Morning-
Tour the posted pics of all our friends and family.

Afternoon-
Enjoying the PICnic lunch with others at the gathering.

Evening-
Experience the Sunsets and Drive around views from all over the Nation.

Swap Meet Rules ,
Post your Pic info and Price.
Price Haggling or (comments “good or bad”are to be made via “Private Chat Only !”

ABSOLUTELY
NO DRINKING & DRIVING ALLOWED !
We will have the local sheriffs department on hand.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.