Options that cause delay

Djeffrey
Mar 24, 2022

Rank 0

Mar 24, 2022

Can everyone pipe in and tell me what options are known to cause delay on your build. I heard from my dealer that tow option was one at this time.
Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2022

Rank VI

Mar 24, 2022

MIC
Tow
Lux

Paint protection film was also a big one, but they decided to stop doing that one from the factory.
Badlands | Sasquatch | Cyber Orange | 2.7L | Lux | Soft Top
14U, FatbikerJo Bronco

Rank IV

Mar 24, 2022

All of those have been a known cause of delay in the past, but to be fair I have heard that some of these may no longer be a constrained item.
Badlands 4 door; Sasquatch; Eruption Green; 2.7; MIC; Tow; MGV; Lux; Modular Bumper; ordered 2/1/22; received production email 3/23/23; production date 4/24/23; Two Rivers Ford Mt. Juliet (Nashville) highly recommend!

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

Dealer is probably the option That causes the biggest delay.
BroncoBill, Brsox

Mud,Sweat and Gears

Mar 24, 2022

Yup.
Funny how dealers don't like that Ford is entertaining going to direct sales, but they are the ones causing it.

Rank II

Mar 24, 2022

I’ve got a OB with/2.7,Lux,leather,mod bumper etc ordered. “My dealer said” lol that the only real constrained item was the tow so I deleted it. Not hopeful that’s going to make any differenc.

Rank 0

Mar 24, 2022

Is this because of allocation?

Rank II

Mar 24, 2022

I think dealer allocations are the biggest factor. I received my 2.7 with tow in only 9 months.
2022 Velocity Blue Black Diamond with Steelies

Standing Grumpy Face

Mar 24, 2022

Advance 4x4 and Sasquatch are two others.

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

Squach, 2.7, Lux…I’m never gonna see mine

Rank VI

Mar 24, 2022

When I ordered my Big Bend I was told SAS is no longer a constraint, but that my Manual Trans, Tow Package and MIC were still constraints. This may not be the most accurate info however.
Base 4dr - Cyber Orange - 2.3 AT, Soft Top - Aux, Flr Lnrs, Keypad | Ordered 12/28/21 - W.S. 4/14/22 - Blend 4/21 - Built 4/25 - Shipped 5/19 - Final Prep 5/19

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

I think dealer allocations are the biggest factor. I received my 2.7 with tow in only 9 months.

I have been waiting for my Badlands since October (put down deposit early 2020). The dealership says their order system was "sabotaged" for seven of us, and my original order was converted into a totally different configuration. Now, my Ford account shows no points, I receive no perks for early reservation holders still waiting for vehicles, and my dealership is unaware of price matching, the money originally allocated to early reservation holders- spent at dealer's discretion, and more. I am very upset because I feel like I have been taken for a ride. And not even in my Bronco!
Deano Bronc, 14U

Member 2541 Jerry

Mar 24, 2022

Chips are still the biggest constraint.
Higher level models that require more chips appear to be the Biggest problem.
2022 -2door Black Diamond
Mid Package
2.7. Velocity Blue.
Deano Bronc

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 24, 2022

This is changing by the minute, but in general, the MIC top, especially for 2-doors, is still a constraint as well as the chips. The Tow package for sure, but then it starts to drop off, but still constrained with the 2.7, manual trans, LUX, etc. However, as someone mentioned above your dealer could be the biggest constraint of all. The allocation constrains how many Bronco's every dealer gets per month, so if your dealer has a LOT of outstanding orders, and a small allocation, none of the above matters since you have to wait until you get to the top of the allocation list at that dealership before Ford will even look at scheduling you for production. I would definitely have a heart-to-heart with my dealership about this if I were you. While you're at it, I would get it in writing that your dealer will sell you your Bronco for MSRP when it arrives.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
14U

That's a terrible idea, when do we start?

Mar 24, 2022

I have been waiting for my Badlands since October (put down deposit early 2020). The dealership says their order system was "sabotaged" for seven of us, and my original order was converted into a totally different configuration. Now, my Ford account shows no points, I receive no perks for early reservation holders still waiting for vehicles, and my dealership is unaware of price matching, the money originally allocated to early reservation holders- spent at dealer's discretion, and more. I am very upset because I feel like I have been taken for a ride. And not even in my Bronco!
*ouch* Your delaer stinks! This just goes to show you how much having a "good" dealer means in this process. I got my Badsquatch with leather, tow, and LUX 18 months after reservation almost a year to the day after the actual order was placed. My dealer was a bit slow on the uptake at the beginning but worked with me and we both learned how the system worked, etc. In the end, I think that I got my Bronco in the shortest amount of time considering the constraints, chip shortages, etc. as possible. But it was all about my dealer working with me, and making sure that I got to the front of the allocation line at that dealership. My reservation was 2nd day, but I learned about the allocations early from my dealer, and we worked together to make sure that my order got recorded on the very first day it possibly could be. That put me near/at the front of the allocation line at that dealership. I firmly believe that if that had not happened, I would still be waiting for my Bronco.
4 Door BadSquatch | Soft-top | Velocity Blue | 2.7 Auto | Towing | Lux | Leather
DarylPaulCampbell

Rank V

Mar 24, 2022

I am #2 at my dealer behind a WT. Mine is BL, 2.7, SAS, MIC, LUX, TOW so who knows when Ford will build it. My dealer did get 2 Broncos last week - a 2 door & 4 door BD, so it's the constraints holding us back.

Rank III

Mar 25, 2022

I updated my order on 3/23/22, yesterday. If there were parts constraints besides chips Ford would have not let me update my order. Ford specifically stopped taking orders about 3 weeks ago for the 2022 model year to ensure every 2022 is built. Even so, those new orders were based on current part supply In WebDoe. This tells me that most parts have been accounted for in the chain. The only thing they can’t guarantee are damaged Broncos and their replacement parts. By the way, dealers aren’t the bad guys there are just some bad people that work in some dealerships just like everywhere else in society. Please stop hating on us, we are your biggest advocates for new vehicle because we need to make a living too.
HeyDobby, FISH HUNTER

What's next?

Mar 25, 2022

Can everyone pipe in and tell me what options are known to cause delay on your build. I heard from my dealer that tow option was one at this time.
Everything.
Everything will cause a delay.
Black Diamond/4-door/mid pkg/2.7/MIC/rack/towing/Eruption Green/res 7.13.20/ord 2.8.21, then 10.15.21/built 1.21.22/delivered 4.15.22
Gunstock Off-Roadeo 10/29/22/Steel and Stirrups Traveling Lamp holder 9.23
Gaia GPS
FISH HUNTER, DarylPaulCampbell

Rank 0

Mar 25, 2022

I updated my order on 3/23/22, yesterday. If there were parts constraints besides chips Ford would have not let me update my order. Ford specifically stopped taking orders about 3 weeks ago for the 2022 model year to ensure every 2022 is built. Even so, those new orders were based on current part supply In WebDoe. This tells me that most parts have been accounted for in the chain. The only thing they can’t guarantee are damaged Broncos and their replacement parts. By the way, dealers aren’t the bad guys there are just some bad people that work in some dealerships just like everywhere else in society. Please stop hating on us, we are your biggest advocates for new vehicle because we need to make a living too.
As a salesman can you explain how allocation works. Is it true that if my dealer sold more then they are allocated than I am screwed.
HeyDobby, Griffinftw

Rank III

Mar 25, 2022

As a salesman can you explain how allocation works. Is it true that if my dealer sold more then they are allocated than I am screwed.
Allocation isn’t cut and dry. Only managers at the dealership use the Ford WebDoe ordering system which is a part of the FMC dealer suite.
We have a Ford rep and it’s their job to keep the dealership informed. Those Ford reps are like sales people to the dealership so they keep the managers up to date with changes and allocations. They are told by their bosses what is currently going on. That means there are a lot of layers that keep Ford systems apart.

Dealership, Sales person and customer are on a need to know basis. That’s how the whole thing is structured so no one really has the big picture but a few people at Ford. The way I understand it, an algorithm decides who gets allocated what and when.
It’s a fair system though because it has to do with each dealership, the region, and sales volume. That algorithm decides who gets priority but, if you order something you will eventually get it. This is why there is an up charge on Exotic/Rare Fords such as Shelby GTs and Raptors, plus limited editions. That’s where all the confusion lay because allocation and build scheduling are two completely different things.

Build scheduling has to do with parts on hand or in the supply chain and what the production schedule is. Think of it like an Amazon warehouse. You select an item in you cart and you check out. During the checkout process your delivery date may change based off the closest warehouse that has your product in stock over what it said on the Amazon app. The reason being, the warehouse that usually has your product in stock is currently out.

So your Amazon product will come from the next closest warehouse in the chain. Amazon didn’t mean to give you an incorrect delivery date it was just based on of typical inventory. Now think of the Ford factory in reverse of Amazon. When they schedule your build, Ford has determined that week they will have the parts to fulfill your Bronco order based of what their suppliers are telling them. If they run short they have to hold your Bronco until they get everything they need. It happens.

Rescheduling happened to my Maverick order for my kid 3 times. I ordered it 10 months ago. Parts not being on hand us what causes delays and rescheduling. Therefore, allocation decides who gets priority in orders but not what goes into the scheduling que.

If you ordered a Bronco and you didn’t receive an email from Ford by now saying the Bronco wasn’t being built for 2022, it very unlikely it you won’t get it. I ordered mine the last day Ford was accepting orders for the 2022 year. That being said, the EV thing with Ford is completely different. My dealership received over 100 reservations for Ford lightenings. I’m the only sales person who has a customer actually getting his truck built this year. Like I told him, Ford made that decision, not us.
TexasFlusher